Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

markyo We are and we love each other lol! Out little NW family 😄 Although now it's bedtime I'm regretting it ... It's 22c ... I've got a heat pack on as my IBS is playing up, I'm perimenopausal so have night sweats and I'm boiling!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
10 hours ago, Methuselah said:

I think you are just a little bit mad, Mark. But who am I to talk? 🤓

Everyone on this site is though....not a fully sane one on here!🙃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Alderc 2.0 Indeed, same here. Certainly as bad as 2023 so far, I guess whether it'll overall be as bad depends on what the rest of the month brings. Really hoping the horrific outlook being shown on the models doesn't come off. Worse, Met Office are suggesting it'll continue perhaps to mid-April for the south.

The colder spell at the weekend is now suggested to be unsettled, not dry, ans there's now suggestion of rain moving in as early as late Sunday and next week being dominated by yet more Atlantic deluges. Even the most pessimistic models were previously suggesting a quieter interlude Monday/Tuesday but gone on many of today's models.

Wondering once again whether we are on the brink of a major flooding crisis in the south of the country. Every time a drier spell is suggested it disappears, and the latest Met Office update appears to suggest that there will not even be a single dry day before the end of March.

Had enough of 2024 already. Wake me up on New Year's Day!

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

March 23 rainfall upto this point is more or less identical (yesterday was 58mm vs 60mm from 23) though 23 got increasingly wet towards the end of the month and raced up.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Dull, but dry at least. 

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Dark, drizzly and 10c brrrrr.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

I don't know about other locations but this seems to me the dullest march I can remember, which is making it feel much colder too, it could easily be December or January if it weren't for the sunset times.

• Like 2

Posted

You gotta be kidding me. Rain on my birthday, which is next Monday!!!!! Its an Easterly too, so it could be a day identical to Mothers Day (or it can go the other way round and be sunny)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

The Easter weekend is looking pretty unrelentingly crap, more cold rain, the only saving grace is that this pattern is occurring in early spring and not the height of summer like it did last year. Ideally we see an end to this soon.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Im thinking April will be like an April version of March 2006. A very sunny first third with E winds (Temps near average instead of below), then 2 weeks of cold, dry and mostly cloudy weather (from NE winds) followed by a pretty warm and changeable last week (warm and sunny 27th/28th with 20c seen)

I say the first third of April will be sunny because March looks like it could end quite dull and we havent had much sunshine since mid-January

Edited by baddie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Totally too early to tell so I'm not making a prediction but hints of a cooler/colder and more unsettled taste to late March makes me wonder if that 1998/2007 spring I've been talking about is playing out with April being the cool and unsettled one. Really wouldnt be surprised to see a "cold snap" of some sorts in April. Would be ironic if we see a snowier spell in April than the whole winter but it's happened many times over the years. Happened very locally in April 2006, one of the best snowfalls of my childhood. If that does happen though I do excpect something drier and warmer for May. 

Posted

GFS is really going for it, Easter Weekend - strong winds, heavy rain, a snow signal for Wales, parts of the Midlands, and Ireland, then pushing North, right up into Scotland

Better get, me swim trunks ready

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

What is going on?! These permaclouds have been going on for two years now! I don’t know how much longer I can take it. I don’t think the weather has ever been this cold, grey and wet! It has to stop

• Thanks 1

Absolutely sick to death of this depressing, boring cold windy wet lemone weather this hole of a country has. Mrs insisted we get the garden done up. Why?! Literally get two weeks a year to actually use the I am jumping up and down thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

431498664_10210943010289009_3858208025703905047_n.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

I sincerely hope that this incoming cold spell (which amounts to, you guessed it, more rain) will be the final breaking point, after which we'll see unprecedented amounts of sunny dry and warm conditions for the foreseeable.

• Like 4

Posted

raz.org.rain Yep, total agreement there. I really, honestly don't get the point of hoping for cold into late March. Unless you live halfway up a mountain or in the north of Scotland, it rarely amounts to anything in terms of longevity. It's just not worth the cold and miserable weather that usually surrounds such spells at this time of year.

My hope is that the timing of the trough signal in the model output shifts a bit, and we can either get it out of the way before Easter or have it be delayed and come in after. Last thing we want is an absolutely dire Easter, that'll just put everyone's mood down even more.

5C and heavy rain is probably amongst the worst weather types we can get in the UK - since we don't get snow so much these days, we see plenty of it from December to February. I really don't want it in late March / early April as well.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's going to snow!  image.thumb.png.1d0041f1b544dcfd7c2998292f9aa929.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

78/79  The rest of us will put our clocks forward on the 31st 😂

I really hope we don't end up with another "year without a spring" like we endured last year. It's even more of a depressing thought considering how grim winter has been. At least we had an outstanding first month of summer on the back of it last year.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 4