Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

So far I've preferred last March to this one. That one at least had a lot of interest ranging from snow near the beginning, to a surprise thunderstorm and plenty of interesting convective skies from mid month.

This March has just been bland and dull, even the rainfall has been mostly light but persistent with a lot of 'rain days.' The only positive I can think of is it's been mild, but even with that I would prefer that mildness to be later in the spring rather than it concentrated so early on, especially if there isn't much sunshine or dryness associated with it. I have a feeling there might be a 2018/2020 style switch around in April but we'll see what happens. Expectations are being kept low whatever the outcome will be.

15°C here today, but barely any sun, humid and the occasional drop of rain.

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

This week's Ten-Day Trend certainly won't stop the moaning: 🥶

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Starting  to think this is our weather FOREVER, unsettled! This is it now for life!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

The sun has appeared in Exeter, feels nice…what I would give for a full day of sun, that’s been few and far between since god knows when.

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* I’m further west that you and it’s breaking through here, though it’s still mostly cloud in the sky, fingers crossed it breaks up.

rhw sun just instantly lifts the mood, what a slog the last several months have been…hopefully a beautiful spell of weather will come in April 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Metwatch Is one thing I would have to give last March credit for was the few snowy days near the beginning of the month. Bringing a good few cm’s of snow outside of the main Winter months. Not something that’s happened this March (apart from a bit of sleet in the afternoon of Saturday 2nd).

Considering how cool March was last year throughout the month, some of the recent milder weather has personally made for a nice change. But I do agree it would be great if it was accompanied by more sunshine. 

Briefly, the sun had tried to break through the white thing above about 20 minutes ago, but it looks like it’s gone back into hiding with a few thicker patches of clouds trying to take over 😅

Methuselah Yeah, looks like Winter wants to break out of the cage that Spring’s been somewhat attempting to keep locked away inside for the first part of this week. At least for some of us. But Spring needs to use sturdier locks on the door so Winter stays locked up in the cage. (Though am not totally against seeing the odd further cold blast or two if they were potent enough to bring some snow with it before it was too late). 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Azazel I had this the other day, think it was last Sunday, the sun genuinely gave me a headache on my and my friend's dog walk because I was so unaccustomed to how bright everything was. 

Legitimately felt like some sort of vampire or goblin coming out of a cave 😆

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well might get some pretty convective skies the weekend ,given the return of rPM air. Maybe a few pyrotechnics thrown in for good measure ,breaking up this tedious ,twaddling weather we have had ,what seems like an eternity. ..⚡🌞🌌

Posted

At least it’s looking like Easter weekend and beyond May be sunny and temperatures getting milder 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

TwisterGirl81 I'd expect such a large northerly incursion would cause a ripple effect in the jet stream, so perhaps the chillier spell will be followed by the first heatwave of the year.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

crap day here today -8c light snow..

Posted
2 hours ago, raz.org.rain said:

Last March just felt like an extension of midwinter.

Only the mid month period, the rest of March 2023 was generally mild.

Posted

raz.org.rain well it’s certainly a flip, it was showing Easter to be a washout yesterday on the models, fingers crossed because we really deserve some bloody good weather now to boost all of our moral’s after the weather we’ve endured for several months. I’m hoping my multivitamins I take daily has been enough to keep my vitamin d levels high enough, would get them tested at the gp if it was easy enough or didn’t get the spanish inquisition as to why I wanted my vitamin d levels tested 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
1 hour ago, Metwatch said:

even the rainfall has been mostly light

And after saying that the heaviest shower of the year forms out of nowhere just west of here (I presume due to convergence as the cold front slowly moves through) and goes over my location 😂

• Like 1

Posted

Been grey and dull most of the day; temp did reach 13c but it defo didnt feel mild. Grim.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

always feels warmer to me when grey/wet, wind just feels so much warmer

coldest is when a clear night/sunny start, difficult to 'thaw out' after a cold night, even with a max of say 17/18

where as wet/dull the min will be around 11/12, so much better warm feel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another beautiful early spring day here, with plenty of sunshine. Still feeling chilly out of the sun, but spring has sprung, yay 😁 

• Like 1

Posted

Not sure where all the optimism has come from for Easter - I do think more realistically (as is becoming a tired refrain) that we may be looking at writing the rest of this month off when it comes to warm and settled weather. There is still just about enough time for a switch in time for Easter, but it is a minority option I think.

Warm and settled weather has to make a comeback at some point - we just need something to repeat the pattern we saw in mid-February, which was just a bit too early in the year to be properly warm and spring-like for most of us. A repeat in early to mid-April would give us several days in the low 20s quite widely without much trouble I think.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

WYorksWeather  That one day February 15th was amazing... 17c and sunshine in mid February is a first for me, even after through 2019 and 2023. An April equivalent would be brilliant.

HOWEVER of course that day was surrounded by horrible wet weather which we don't need any more of next month 😄 it better dry up soon!!

Posted

Going up north for Easter. Think I'll pack my big raincoat and brollys and wellies. No way I'm staying indoors every ruddy day with that witch.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

WYorksWeather Easter is super early this year, which is the issue. We often have Easter mid-way through or even in the latter third of April, which of course means a much greater chance of 17-20c+ sunny/settled weather landing for the long weekend. 

2017, 2018 and 2020 were good recent examples of this. 

But Easter is on the boundaries of March this year, and even in a good March month (which this most certainly is not!), I'd be skeptical of getting anything above 16/17c and sunny. That's basically the best case scenario I can foresee for this year, which likely won't happen if the models are anything to go by.

2022 is the only March I can think of that had such a warm, sunny spell at the end of the month, it peaked at 20c one day in my area, but that spell was a huge anomaly and super uncommon for late March (especially to have it 19/20c *and* clear skies in March).

The 2/3 weeks time difference between the end of March and mid-late April is really significant in terms of the potential for those spring-like sunny and warm spells. It's that "shift" period from what is basically tail-end of winter into Spring proper.

Main reason I always hate an early Easter.

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 1