Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

for you in Devon yes, but for me that chart looks vile, cold wind and north sea mist

in minority I'm aware, but without doubt A, 

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
11 minutes ago, baddie said:

If you was to have the following for March/April, what would you choose

A. An extension of winter
B. An eternal autumn

With out doubt A. Mainly because we haven't had a Winter yet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

baddie Either will do if they're the bright type. Neither will do if they simply mean weeks on end of murk and drizzle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

March is looking set to be the 9th consecutive wetter than average month here. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Although August was only wetter than average by like 2mm lol. 

Edited by cheese
  • Thanks 1

Posted

baddie January was still slightly wetter than average here. Not a washout like December or November though.

2024_1_Rainfall_Anomaly_1991-2020.gif

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Forecast showing low 20’s next weekend

👀 A warm Easter? Begins Sun dance

TwisterGirl81 Funnily enough I'd put Chivenor or Treknow as the most likely places to see the highest temps with that setup.

I remember Atlantic 252 You'd actually be quite sheltered from that, the west of England would see the highest temps in this setup. Here in Kent we'd likely fail to reach 20°C unless the air was really warm to the point of seeing mid-20s further west and the easterly was weak, or if like a couple of times in April 2009 the easterly was perfectly positioned for Kent to be sheltered from it.

cheese Correct me if it was different for further north, but here the vast majority of January's rainfall fell in the first week as a hangover of the absolutely disgusting December. Discounting the first ~5 days of January, East Malling would've seen only 19.6mm of rainfall which would make 2024 a very dry January here (our average is ~51mm), probably the driest in recent times.

Edited by CryoraptorA303

Posted

CryoraptorA303 3rd December 2023 - 2nd January 2024 registered 200mm of rain. Horrific totals. I agree January was actually a decent one after that. I wonder if the non stop zonal pattern will continue into April making it another washout month, perhaps even wetter and duller than April 2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn
2 minutes ago, baddie said:

3rd December 2023 - 2nd January 2024 registered 200mm of rain

🤢

2 minutes ago, baddie said:

perhaps even wetter and duller than April 2012

I f**king hope not!

Recent runs appear to support a less zonal run for early April at least, so hopefully we don't see the same bull💩 that we've had from February to mid-March repeat.

Is it too much to ask that we just have a vaguely normal month anymore?

• Like 1

Posted

CryoraptorA303 Aye, it was similar here - of the 62mm that fell in January, 43mm fell on just three days. From the 3rd to the 28th we had very little rain. 

Jan certainly wasn't a terrible month by any means. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

SunnyG With you there chap. The cold just has debilitating effect on my mental state. I can't help it but just hate the feeling of it. Cold hands. Cold feet. Can't get warm despite the radiators on. Give me a tropical evening still at 26c at 9pm anytime. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

baddie Totally agree, March 2023 from memory had zero days of sunshine at all, this March has somehow managed to beat it by having about a week's worth of days where the Sun came out for at least a couple of hours. Today has been particularly pleasant, I can't recall a single day in March 2023 where the Sun stayed out for more than about 30 minutes, truly an abysmal month.

March 2023 saw over 100mm of rain at East Malling which will not be reached this month. While we will still be significantly above average we will likely max out at somewhere in the 70-80mm region. The main issue with this March is how intense the storms were in the first week or two and how much water was already on the ground. After the bone dry February, this was not a concern going into March 2023.

cheese Wow, that's even more extreme than here. But yes, the storms in the first week of January were particularly intense, before most of the month saw next to no rainfall at all due to the Euro high above us for most of the month. Then in early February the onslaught resumed and it's been hell ever since, although from mid-March it has been significantly better to be fair. I remain optimistic that much drier times are ahead.

NEVES SCREAMER I think you should see a doctor if you still feel cold in ~13-15°C ambient conditions with the heating on, you may have an endocrine issue. Even my nan who is 1. elderly and has a low body temperature and 2. is a massive warmie and has been her entire life doesn't feel cold in those conditions.

Posted

NEVES SCREAMER No, I'm saying you stated you still felt "freezing cold" this month, even in the heating, and your area has been going at a fairly solid 13-15°C daily max. It is not really normal to still feel cold in the heating at these temperatures, and I am genuinely concerned for your health. This could be an indication of serious hypothyroidism. Please get a health check from a doctor.

Posted

CryoraptorA303 Only I didn't say that so don't put words in my mouth. And don't make lazy assumptions. How do you know how someone else feels ?  My health is fine. As it happens a few days have been recorded between 13c and 15c. In the last week. No other time between December and February. Happy for you to share the dates on which they occured.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

SunSean and for that to occur over a weekend as well..  Let's hope this is the trend this year, unlike a period last year where weekends seemed to fair much worse

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

baddie an extension of winter.  

Colder marches and April's tend to be sunny at least, with polar maritime airmasses.

If someone said I'd have to take March 2013 and April 2021 for example, over March 2023 and April 2012 I'd take the former no issues!

Posted

CryoraptorA303 very presumptuous of you really. Was 14C here today and I needed a coat and I’d happily wear a coast in 16-20C if it was breezy. 

At the end of the day we’re all different but I think most people don’t start ditching the coats for extended stays outside until at least 16-18C - depending on sun and wind. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

NEVES SCREAMER careful what you wish for, I reckon this summer could break the record for tropical nights personally.

As for March, I have to say it's significantly better than March last year. That's quite the feat considering how boring this March has been.

• Like 3