Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

*Stormforce~beka* the blue photos were from this morning. It's now grey as per norm 😎

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Summer8906 Well yes, the properly gloomy dark grey is obviously worse than the lighter grey, but it's nevertheless just shades of grey. This country really, really struggles to maintain a full day, or even most of a day, of clear skies, and it's incredibly tedious. I mean, we are here comparing levels of grey and how good they are - British climate in a nutshell.

Very mouldy bread is less palatable than slightly mouldy bread, but at the end of the day you're still just eating mouldy bread. 

Rest of the week definitely looking better though. 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn
12 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

whats cfb

Temperate maritime. Humid subtropical, or more accurately subtropical maritime is Cfa.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

B87 Thanks B87 ☺

Posted

After a promising start this morning (it was even briefly sunny) it’s now raining again although looking at the radar it should clear by mid-afternoon. Just can’t seem to get a complete day without it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

*Stormforce~beka* Cfb is the Koeppen classification.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Feels chilly today, im so desperate for some warmth and sun that lasts all day.

I’ve got a feeling we’ll have to wait for May to come (yet again thanks to the late ssw) before we see temps of 22c or above widely, I don’t think we’ve barely reached 17c here yet this year.

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 2

Posted

"UK go more than 24 hours without precipitation" challenge - go!

Challenge difficult level: 10/10. 

• Like 5

Posted

Rain, wind, 12c. It's almost like it's December again! Or October, November, most of January, basically all of February and all of March... Lol.

My friend is moving to Australia for a year in May, near Sydney. Can't say I don't envy him. 

• Like 2

Posted

Could be tough work in the next few days getting much in the way of sun for the south and south west, it’s pretty moist downstream of us. Wouldn’t be surprised to see plenty of drizzle to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Not too worried if there isn't wall to wall blue skies at the moment. Still a marked improvement compared to recent, and should get the lawn done again this weekend. Later next week could see more high pressure so maybe a lot of us will witness the appearance of the long-awaited dry soils in the coming weeks 👀 🤞 

image.thumb.png.d20bd43bce976b22d0c93f2d1b511f2f.png

Not much more than 5-10mm across modelling here and southwards from now on!

accprecip_20240410_12_276.thumb.jpg.5f505f33542552db7786a24bb68eb5ef.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Metwatch Calling a forecast like that in mid April, an improvement, is basically the same as calling getting your jaw broken in a fight an improvement over falling down a flight of stairs and breaking your leg lol. Its still absolutely rancid with not a spec of sun hardly 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Whilst it looks drier, I really don’t want more overcast, grey, dull skies.  I want sun.  Lots of it.  We’ve had soooooooo much cloudy, grey, dull crap IMBY, over the last year or so, that the weather needs to do more than just dry up now.  Overcast crap is still crap IMO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
6 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Calling a forecast like that in mid April, an improvement, is basically the same as calling getting your jaw broken in a fight an improvement over falling down a flight of stairs and breaking your leg lol.

Lmao i'm just very desperate for something much drier, and warmer than the almost constant 10-14C in the past few months which will finally change here from tomorrow even it it's only for a few days. Of course sunshine would speed up the drying process and be even better, but later this month or in May I think that might just properly arrive 😉

• Like 2