Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
45 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

Could be tough work in the next few days getting much in the way of sun for the south and south west, it’s pretty moist downstream of us. Wouldn’t be surprised to see plenty of drizzle to be honest. 

This is why I just couldn’t get excited about these HP ridging charts.  Yes, drier at least but for us down here, it has gloom fest written all over it.  I’ve gone off the colour grey now!!

Need a cut off HP or HP more towards the east of us, with winds east of south rather than west of south.  

IMG_1027.thumb.jpeg.7d8c577ef264074f9aec471957036b08.jpeg

Yipppeeeeee!!!

Edited by AWD
  • Like 2

Posted

Hopefully, just dry tomorrow, little wind and no rain.

Not bothered about the sun tomorrow as i plan to give the patio a proper jetwash but using black spot remover first, so need it to work its magic first, before scrubbing and power washing it.

In fact, conditions look ideal for the job tom morn👍.

• Like 1

Posted

It’s that time of year again where I just feel utterly exhausted and like I’ve ran a marathon. Absolutely desperate for some warmer weather so I can recharge. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Metwatch I know what you mean, but for me, the slightly warmer temps (we are only talking about 2 or 3 degrees here tbf) aren't really very beneficial if it's fully overcast. 

I'd honestly rather have 14/15c and fully clear skies (all day, not just for 2 hours in the morning as is usually the case) than 18/19c and thick cloud.

Aside from temps, I'd also just prefer it to not be gloomy and grey from a perspective of aesthetics. It's just not very "springlike" when it's completely sunless! April is the time of year when I want to start getting woken up by the light of the sun coming in through my window. It's when I want to make better use of the longer evenings via the extra light. 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Big change here with a good 15°C drop in temperature, no sun and spots of rain. Next week even sees sleet symbols for 2 days, yikes 😳🤢 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
21 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

18/19c and thick cloud.

Not sure there would be that much in the way of thick cloud given the forecast for those sort of temperatures tomorrow especially in mid April. Should see a fair amount of sun tomorrow, we'll see. Gotta take what we get, and if that means dry even with not much sun, it's an improvement to recent.

Edited by Metwatch

Posted

Fed up of nearing on 10 months of cloud and rain, bar the drier intervals early Sept, early Oct and to a degree the colder spells late Nov/early Dec and 6-18 Jan, probably had about 5-6 weeks tops of decent weather since the heatwave imploded in June. Totally fed up. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Summer weather

It's very interesting how the warm sector of the cyclone to our northwest is affecting the temperatures. It's 14 degrees right now, warmer than it's been in the last 54 hours, and it's 11pm!

Screenshot2024-04-10225549.thumb.png.56483f848d31ea66916196bdabf50ec0.pngimage.thumb.png.e62c4f2ad4f93e879fbab05819d4b63b.png

• Like 2

Posted

As feared is a drizzle-fest this morning and something that seems unlikely to change over the next few days, probably likely to see complete gloom for the next 48-72 and temps of 12-13C

Looking further ahead and it looks as though we could be about to snatch defeat away from the jaws of victory, High pressure too far west later next week allowing tonnes of cloud of weak fronts to flow down over the UK from the north west before another concerted effort at a potent northerly. Thank goodness I’ve only got a couple more weeks in the this miserable hell-hole.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Gone outside, travelling to work.  Drizzle all the way pretty much.  When’s this drier spell supposed to start again??

• Like 4

Posted

If dry means this grim blanket of clouds it's not that massive an improvement is it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Alderc 2.0 currently sunny spells in Exeter, doesn’t look as though it’ll last though but at least it’s dry, small mercies 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Absolute meme today. Dirty tupperware box conditions from dawn to dusk, but one of the warmest days we've had this year so far 😆 

Of course. When the weather actually delivers something that could be a genuinely lovely, warm and dry spring day, there's not a single minute of sunshine to be seen. Not one.

Screenshot_20240411-093106~2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

Time to place bets on the dullest first half of April on record, I wonder?

Met Office forecast is more optimistic though for the weekend and next week.

Just need to get rid of this damp, gloomy Tm grot. Active warm fronts are almost never followed by sunny weather, as I said yesterday.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 3

Posted

Summer8906 I don't know about on record, I mean, how dull can some Aprils get? Certainly we below average sunshine levels though, which after an entire year of every single month (aside from, what, June and September?) being below average sunshine and above average rainfall, is really not what we need.

Alderc 2.0 Where are you off to? I've heard the Faroe Islands are nice this time of year. It'd make you feel right at home 😉

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

It’s actually becoming clearer, what sorcery is this 😅  god I hope it stays like this.

scarified my lawn and over seeded 3 weeks ago, hopefully this sun will finally start the germination process! 

7030C824-29E8-48CD-85EF-1A966495C88C.jpeg

BA42569E-31ED-4BEF-9C27-F879EEC74CBD.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Trailing weather front clearing south today hence the overhang of cloud and some early drizzle this morning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

In Absence of True Seasons Dullest Aprils on record at Heathrow.

1961: 73.5 hours

1966: 88.7 hours

1979: 106.3 hours

1978: 113.8 hours

1998: 115.4 hours

1972: 120.8 hours

1971: 121.5 hours

1970: 122.7 hours

1963: 123.2 hours

1964: 126.1 hours

Nearly every April in the 60s and 70s was exceptionally dull. 2018 would have been the next on the list with 128 hours. 

Assuming the sunshine for the first 10 days remains constant all month, we will end up with 85 hours, the 2nd dullest on record. It won't, but I would be amazed if we were not on this list by the end of the month.

Edited by B87
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

ThomasD27 Yes the change in the air mass was obvious yesterday evening. I could clearly feel the change to the tropical maritime air when I went outside around 8pm.

Actually a lovely day here at the moment with broken cloud and a soft breeze. Feeling warm in the sun too at 16C.

• Like 1