Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

The rain and hailstone have done a huge u-turn, now it's wall to wall shine. Just a shame that the breeze is so chilly, but feeling the warmth of the sun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

reef Maybe that is some outflow from the dying shower that just passed your area?

It has been very windy here today, lots of howling noises...

I remember one night early last April that saw a lot of branches fall off trees and bins blown over. I'm pretty sure Hull would have seen a gust even higher then 47mph that night but that might have been within a heavy shower that passed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

SunSean Hah. Seville's heat is notorious. I've been twice and both times it was a proper furnace. 

The first time - About 34/35c in September 2019. 

Second time - pushing 50c during the August 2021 Spain heatwave. 

Dry heat for both times for me though...roasting, but not particularly sweaty. Cloud is a rarity there.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

In Absence of True Seasons I'd agree with you but we both know that these days, a three-week long dry spell has a decent chance of coming with extreme temps. I would much prefer an April 2009, 2010 or 2020 at the moment but the alternative is going to be either 2007 or 2011, on drugs. You can't win 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Downburst said:

And 21 degrees for a day in Romford doesn’t cut it as recompense

Writtle's in Chelmsford mate 👍

raz.org.rain Much the same here, what a strange day.

Posted

Spring has been very boring for any exceptional warmth so far but there's been a distinct absense of anything cold. It's odd how we can still be coming out with above average anomalies and it still feels unexceptional.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Following a pleasant weekend of weather for many it has turned wet and windy again. Can we hope for a swing back to something more settled later this week?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really enjoyed the weather today, bit of everything, snow, sleet, rain ,wind ,sunshine...you name we've had it plus so refreshingly cool at this time of year. Boy am i going to miss these temps in the months to come😠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

What an absolute shocker of a day- feels truly horrible in the wind and rain.

Some sunshine this afternoon but incredibly suppressed temps given the air mass isn't overly cold. We haven't made it into double figures here.

• Like 1

Posted

You could say today had everything. Hail, heavy rain, sunshine and even some localised thunder. Quite a cold day, but feeling pleasant in the sun. I do think it's time for more lengthy spells of dry weather, can't recall the last time we had a full week of sun. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Scorcher Each to their own.. For myself weather like this is fantastic, so varied, Shocker? Definitely not!

Posted

Frigid Glad you can find some positives- didn't feel very pleasant to me with that biting wind, even when the sun was out.

This morning was atrocious here. Freezing cold wind, constant heavy rain/hail and incredibly dark. I've found today more depressing than a day of constant drizzle.

• Like 1

Posted

markyo The light levels this morning were the worst for weeks here while it was raining.

Impossible to plan anything outdoors on days like this. Biting cold wind as well. I've just played football this evening in short sleeves and my forearms were still cold at the end of the game.

Had enough of this now and enough rain to last a lifetime over these past few months.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I can still remember watching a massive Cb approaching from the north. It must have been April 1962, as Bro was not yet at school. But the thunder, lightning and hail were spectacular just after I got home. Well, when one was only 5, everything seemed spectacular!😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Some interesting reports from today of possible tornado activity or squally straight-line winds. Looks like possibly Stoke-on-Trent and Nottingham may have seen one today. Photos taken from online reports.

Stoke-on-Trent:

image.thumb.png.9d81f5eb39ebe2bfc688cb6db8510ae8.png

Nottingham:

image.thumb.png.70215e67d33d5bbdaadcb95f4e5e57f9.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

Scorcher Yes, the morning was really bad. But thankfully it cleared up with some clear skies, originally thought it'd be raining non stop today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Scorcher god awful day on the other side of the Pennines, sharp showers, wind blowing a hoolie and ruddy chilly, log burner lit yet again this evening, and some peeps enjoy this carp....how strange 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Growing signs for a warmer weekend coming up. The breeze looks to be dying down by the end of the week.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Wold Topper Why strange?

• Like 1

CryoraptorA303 It is interesting that although October is a warmer month than April, temperatures of over 20c are much more likely in April.  I am not sure why this is?  April has bigger extremes of hot and cold, and in October the temperature always seems to be between 12-17c 90% of the time.  

Edited by Greyhound81

Posted

The bedroom especially is freezing again where the cold wind just drives its way through the house. My bones are tired and I need some warmth.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

Greyhound81 Stronger insolation vs October which means it quickly warms up in settled conditions, while the airmasses and oceans are colder in April than October so short lived but reasonably intense cold spells can occur frequently. Pre-CC freezing nights were fairly common in April, even in London, while they were less common in October. April holds the colder record low by 4°C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

Currently in Vienna and it's like I've been transported to mid July - 27°C on Sunday and 23°C today.  Trees in full leaf, people out and about in shirts and everything and everyone so full of life.  

PXL_20240414_065137646.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1