Hot?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 31st August 05

Paul Sherman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
In the past hour, I've had an amazing storm with one close strike and torrential rain. All gone quiet now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Rob and everyone else, this is my first post, I don't know if I am doing this right however, just to let you know I am in Lancs too and seen a fine but short storm. Good lightening and loud thunder!!! How great it is to be able to share this with other weather enthusiasts, what a great site.

Posted

Against like most of my counterparts in Northern England, we've had several thunder cracks with lightning and torretial rain. Got stranded in Oldham Town Centre again coming back from Work. Dejá vu with last year :huh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Had a few claps of thunder and lightning along with a short sharp shower about 30 mins ago

Posted

Been thundering here quite intense since about 4pm..just rumbling around then gets bad again....frequent power failures and very heavy rain.....gonna make this short and sweet before I lose power again.....got some brill video footage too....take care you lot!! Lets hope when dark arrives it carries on some more...

Carly xx

Posted

Just heard the first rumbles here in north yorks sky is orangy black looks as though the south east and eastern england might just escape although storms could still be triggered by the high temps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Well thank you North of England ! I'm from the South but up here on business and I have just experienced the must stupendous thunderstorm of my life. Driving back from Farsley to Bradford I was caught up in the very heart of it - thank god I was in the car - and I have never experienced such blackness, such torrential rain, such scaringly but fantastic bolts of lightning - almost continuous - and the most deafening and piercing claps of thunders. At one point the rain was so bad and visibility so poor that for the fist time in my driving history I had to pull over. Within 5 minutes there were flash floods, alarms ringing left right and centre and emergency services to be seen and heard in every direction. The electrical charge in the air was so much so that the hairs on my arms stood on endf. Needless to say I was grinning like a cheshire cat and was as excited as a kid with a new toy. So thanks again North of England !!! Thats what I call a proper storm

Posted

There was thunder and lightning in the Belfast area around 2pm today. Here it is currently dry but the sky is becoming very heavy and threatening but can't hear any approaching thunder. No power cuts here Dee.

Posted

5 or 6 rumbles of thunder here in the last quarter of an hour,wind picking up a lot,rain getting heavier.

Posted

It looks like we are finally going to get a storm here,currently moderate rain with distant thunder and a few flashes of lightening cloud to cloud,rain now much heavier with the thunder getting nearer.

Posted

3 rumbles of distant thunder here around 1750. No lightning seen though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
Just had a storm here for the last hour. will try and post pics soon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had a thunderstorm with some spectacular lightning at 3.45 which lasted about half an hour. Just had a smaller thunderstorm, still with some pretty good lightning, still rumling away as it clears Northeastwards. Overall, a pretty good day with a good show of lightning. Much fresher now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

:huh: Booming thunder and bright lightening in Swindon now...........

Posted
Amazing im in Lincoln very servere thunderstorm and funnel cloud not far from here out in to the countryside. ;D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

which direction? I'm near Lincoln and can't hear anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

lightning thunder.lightning thunder...none stop here....WHOOOO HOOOOO

as soon as one flash goes thunder then whiles thats going another flash

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

Moderate rain. Thunder and CG lightning about once every 5 mins at the moment. Has been this way for the last 30 mins. Visibility has dropped to about 5000m in steady rain.

edit: Add to that the trusty Cessna 152 flying about below the cloud base routing southwest back to Gloucester!

Posted

u lucky people i only had 1 storm here, is there anymore on the way for northern ireland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
lightning thunder.lightning thunder...none stop here....WHOOOO HOOOOO

as soon as one flash goes thunder then whiles thats going another flash

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Lorraine, most of the storm is passing over West Swindon.......rain is very heavy too atm. :huh:

Posted

Hi,

Nothing here at the moment, however it is getting cloudy and the wind has picked up a bit.

Archived