Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SATSIGS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

There shall not be any ramping from me this season. On far too many occasions over the years, as close as T +6 hrs, I have been digging myself out of the house in a 15cm+ pasting.

The charts are enjoyable, but the chances of this becoming a reality are too low. SATSINGS, in my case.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Maybe this 'modern winterism' is a bit of pretentious modern stylism?...

Tamara

Hiya Tamara,

Whilst I agree with your statement above, I must say that, as Inverness has yet to see ANY lying snow so far, this winter does have a distinctly 'modern' flavour to date?

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
Actually Nick, i am finding this rather more exciting than when the models are more tuned in and in agreement, this is like going back to the late 70’s with regards to uncertainty of what may happen, this could end up with the mother of all freeze up’s, The GFS is already showing temperatures as low as –6c for Tuesday and Wednesday quite widely, so I wouldn’t rule out a few –8c to –10c and with that projected deep low :) pushing in from the Atlantic by late Friday, there could be widespread severe blizzards as the warm Atlantic air comes up against the very cold pool of air over the country................

Well that’s my ramp over with for this morning. :)

Paul

SATSIGS ALERT - 'HORS CATEGORIE'

Nomination for The Golden Ramp d'Or for winter 2006/7

from Burton-under-snow

for the work

"Widespread severe blizzards, -10C, reminiscent of the 1970's"

Le Golden Ramp d'Or will be awarded in March for any work of faction (sic) which, in the opinion of the judges, most successfully takes a truth and turns it into a masterpiece of fiction.

lol, nice work on the copy and paste there Richard, my actual post is quoted above, i did admit to ramping :p

It's just 4 months of pent up frustration coming out :yahoo:

Paul

Posted
Maybe this 'modern winterism' is a bit of pretentious modern stylism?...

Tamara

Dunno, the same phrase (well, "modern climate") was used in The Times Weather Eye only a week or so ago, in the context of how things have changed in our winters. We'll all have to face up to it eventually, winter is increasingly a construct for the calendar rather than a label to attach with any frequency to a weather variety.

Posted
Dunno, the same phrase (well, "modern climate") was used in The Times Weather Eye only a week or so ago, in the context of how things have changed in our winters. We'll all have to face up to it eventually, winter is increasingly a construct for the calendar rather than a label to attach with any frequency to a weather variety.

Dunno ?? a piece of dodgy slang there from the oxford english dictionary eater himself!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Hello stranger! :search::D

You surprise me saying that! Makes up for the huge amounts you got last March though! :lol:

Tamara

God, I'd forgotten about that!

It was when I made my famous (at work) statement that it won't lie! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Posted

RAMPEDE LEVEL 5

We've lost it. As Stratos commented

"5 - RAMPEDE: Rampedes are dangerous, and even WIB in SATSIG 11 (it's very big) with the anti-rampede ray gun pod will struggle to contai this one. Characterised by lots of inter ramper chatter leading to an inflationary spiral towards, what the uninitiated reader might assume to be, Armageddon. Think four horsemen of the Apocalypse meets Revelations,. It's the cold weather equivalent of the South Sea Bubble and the 1992 run on the pound. Belt up and have fun."

This ranks as one of the biggest RAMPEDES seen on Net-weather! All hope of containment is now lost. Enjoy!

Edited by West is Best

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

The End Is Nigh

Posted
Hiya Tamara,

Whilst I agree with your statement above, I must say that, as Inverness has yet to see ANY lying snow so far, this winter does have a distinctly 'modern' flavour to date?

nice to see your name floating around again Peter :( where the heck have you been?!

as for inverness not having any lying snow so far, you weren't far off the other weekend when i travelled down there for a meeting, it came close down the sides of the hills :) you've had a damn site more in your area than we've had up here lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Shake, Shake, rattle :):) I think the BEAST has been here and broken the STATSIGS machine :db:

Posted

ABINGDON PUT ON ALERT AS 10-15CM OF SNOW FORECAST

Residents of Abingdon have been given free shovels from the local council, one local resident who has'nt seen lying snow since the famous 1963 event has sent his back as he has collected 43 shovels since that year when 2cm has been forecasted every year.

Residents of Abingdon have been given free shovels from the local council, one local resident who has'nt seen lying snow since the famous 1963 event has sent his back as he has collected 43 shovels since that year when 2cm has been forecasted every year.

Time to call in http://www.servicemagic.com/c.Snow-Removal....MD.-12067.html? I don't imagine they get much business, poor things.

Posted

Seriously, the jet is going to dive to the South leading to HP over Scandia, and the snowy tentacles of the LP's coming through the channel and Northern France will sweep over us in every increasing waves til the end of March!

Posted

I was thinking about giving these guys a call: http://www.rampnow.com/ramps.htm

As they say on the site 'RampNOW sells and rents many types of ramps. We are the ramp professionals'

But as I am the 'wrong side' of all the action at the moment, is it worth me buying something or just renting for two or three weeks? :)

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Well as you may recall, Abingdon clocked up a snowfall of approx 2cm a couple of weeks ago, although you had to be up at an unsociable hour to see it, as by first light it was melting faster than an ice lolly in a microwave and I would predict that any accumulations from the battleground would be likely to go the same way.

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted

At 4c here at the moment, the sun still feels nice with a fair amount of heat...if snow does fall overnight tomorrow, seriously doubt it will last long.