Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SATSIGS

Posted

I thought TWO inhabited Rampton. An erstwhile member used to live in Wolver-rampton, and a few of our number live in the southern zone of near Southrampton.

SATSIGs is investigating a potential ramp detected earlier this evening, it's been so long that we've forgotten how to read the signs...can't decide whether it was a ramp or not...

Posted

Report to SATSIGS control:

Looks like it could be time for all those that have been present throughout the winter so far and tolerated the dull rubbish weather we've had to put up with so far to have their patience rewarded.

Ramp level to be reviewed imminently.

Posted
Report to SATSIGS control:

Ramp level to be reviewed imminently.

No more than a 1.5 I would say but perhaps 2 potential Abingdons of disappointment also there...

Regards

ACB

Posted
Could I see a SATSIGS map please?

Many thanks - TS.

There wouldn't be much on it at present I'm afraid - but if I don't drown under the weight of many more more pressing matters I might coble something together next w/e.

Posted

...actually, having just checked the various reports in from the tracking stations and cadets out there, there isn't toomuch ramping going on, and there's a measure of level headedness from some unexpected quarters.

RAMP DETECTED

There were a few low grade tremors tonight, some low level "1s" recorded from some fairly reliable locations, including Peterborough (rogue mention of easterlies - albeit under a thinly veiled attempt to play down the ramp); the north-east corner of the SZoEWT, something from Norwich (and it wasn't the Quiz of the Week either); and finally a new source but from the perenially turbulent NW Mids (snow for all) - this latter being a >1 SATSIGs ramp.

As TWS has cautioned, and TE, there may be a few Abingdons of disappointment around by the w/e.

Edited by Stratos Ferric

Posted

Not enough to win a Rampety Ramp Chequebook And Pen though?

Also, see the "a sign for change" thread for a couple of extremely hopful ramps.

Posted

Well the 00z has produced a good solid ramp from the North East this morning...a barely qualified "forecast" of up to 20cm snow...good for a 2.5 on the ramping scale and the potential for at least 3 Abingdons.

"This run brings the NE of england snow from Sunday all the way through until late monday with anything upto 20cm, from this run

SM06"

Expect much more within the next hour or so.

Regards

ACB

Edited by acbrixton

Posted
Well the 00z has produced a good solid ramp from the North East this morning...a barely qualified "forecast" of up to 20cm snow...good for a 2.5 on the ramping scale and the potential for at least 3 Abingdons.

"This run brings the NE of england snow from Sunday all the way through until late monday with anything upto 20cm, from this run

SM06"

Expect much more within the next hour or so.

Regards

ACB

Just spoted that one on the traces myself ACB: it's a definite...

RAMP ALERT

SATSIGS 3

"20 cm" of snow...I'm not sure I was born when we last had that much...

Ramp epicentre appears to be somewhere in the NE. May be distant tremors from Canada and Ireland associated with this event, but significant dampening occuring aroudn the Potteries.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

SATSIGS authorities may wish to investigate the claims made on the model discussion thread relating to GFS 12z run. Seems to me to be multiple posts worthy of further investigation up there......

Posted

SF: I only hope that the rampometer can cope with this. It cannot be long now until we have the first bogus report of sleet blizzards in the north west Midlands; we have already seen at least 2 ill-judged sneers directed towards Mr Everton Fox, always a sure sign of an imminent rampede.

The mighty forces of Messrs West, IB, TWS, The Prudent Stephen are quite simply no match for the hysterical hordes over on Model Discussions...situation critical.

Regards

ACB

Posted
SATSIGS authorities may wish to investigate the claims made on the model discussion thread relating to GFS 12z run. Seems to me to be multiple posts worthy of further investigation up there......

Definitely some widespread froth from Ireland; the environs of Dublin right up to Belfaaarst: we know where you live!

RAMP WARNING

Further to this afternoon's ramp events in the north, the latest release of GFS seems to be testing the bladders of one or two of our members in Ireland. Early indications are that this is a SATSIGs...

SEVERE RAMP ALERT

SATSIGs has an APB out for potential SEVERE ramp (SATSIGs 4) conditions, veering RAMPEDE, (SATSIGS 5) during the next day or so. Probably to be followed by several Abingdons of disappointment, particularly in the RSZOEWT, and Dublin.

Posted
Definitely some widespread froth from Ireland; the environs of Dublin right up to Belfaaarst: we know where you live!

RAMP WARNING

Further to this afternoon's ramp events in the north, the latest release of GFS seems to be testing the bladders of one or two of our members in Ireland. Early indications are that this is a SATSIGs...

SEVERE RAMP ALERT

SATSIGs has an APB out for potential SEVERE ramp (SATSIGs 4) conditions, veering RAMPEDE, (SATSIGS 5) during the next day or so. Probably to be followed by several Abingdons of disappointment, particularly in the RSZOEWT, and Dublin.

Your Fenland correspondent here with an update. FEN FM have now mentioned it "becoming colder" next week. Not much of a ramp I admit but plenty of time for that to change. I think we are now on to rampede levels, nearly 300 people on the site. If the pub run keeps it up I think talk of 20 inches of snow won't be out of the question.

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
No more than a 1.5 I would say but perhaps 2 potential Abingdons of disappointment also there...

Abingdons are almost guaranteed at some point during next week.

Posted
Abingdons are almost guaranteed at some point during next week.

I wonder whether the ratio of Abingdons will be higher if we get a none event given that everyone has had to wait so long for some excitement? Just think, centuries from now the sages of the day will be sitting there scratching their oversized foreheads pondering over the wisdom of whoever it was who came up with the SI unit of disappointment, the Abingdon. Maybe we need to add an "e" at the end?

Edited by Stratos Ferric

Posted

I tend to find that Abingdons are not so appropriate to this sort of range, where gradually knowledge has seeped down through the masses so that excitement is normally moderated to an extent by the acceptance that there is always a risk of downgrade over time. Indeed, us in the CSECS expect things to go wrong.

However, Abingdons are normally highly applicable when (often respected) forecasting agencies overplay the chances of snowfall at short-range - often here we are talking about a number of hours before snow is forecast, but those few hours pass and 'no' is recorded - leading to howls of anguish and derision throughout the Upper Thames Valley along the lines of "BUT WHERE WERE THE TROUGHS?"

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted
I tend to find that Abingdons are not so appropriate to this sort of range, where gradually knowledge has seeped down through the masses so that excitement is normally moderated to an extent by the acceptance that there is always a risk of downgrade over time. Indeed, us in the CSECS expect things to go wrong.

However, Abingdons are normally highly applicable when (often respected) forecasting agencies overplay the chances of snowfall at short-range - often here we are talking about a number of hours before snow is forecast, but those few hours pass and 'no' is recorded - leading to howls of anguish and derision throughout the Upper Thames Valley along the lines of "BUT WHERE WERE THE TROUGHS?"

Mmmm good point: I find that Abingdons are also useful when reflecting upon the failure of the semi-mythical "Thames Streamer" to deliver anywhere west of Tilbury (c.f. 27.12.05).

Regards

ACB

Posted

RAMP WARNING

SEVERE RAMP ALERT

Here we go, all out ramp.

:doh:

Rumours of a 47 ' 63' winter Its out of Control :lol:

Edited by kippure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

"Abingdon on the forefront of hefty 'no' totals say forecasters from the Daily Ramp"

They also go on to say, "Record levels of 'no' may occur anywhere in the next 10-15 days according to coloumnist Joe laminate floori"

A report brought out by SATSIGS headquarters has stated that due to increasing levels of 'no', winter flowers such as Cherry Blossom, and Hawthorn berries have doubled. This has been further backed up by periods of intense Froast

SATSIGS news flash: SATSIGS 3, yes 3 has been reached, this has ensued following almost near rampede conditions.

Posted
Mmmm good point: I find that Abingdons are also useful when reflecting upon the failure of the semi-mythical "Thames Streamer" to deliver anywhere west of Tilbury (c.f. 27.12.05).

I think you'll find that such features rarely get west of The Hague, where instead they develop into 'no-streamers'

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted

WARNING!!!!

i have just heard that a griittlller loory has been spotted on the A303,heading north.

This is not a serious problem except it had a snow plough attached!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope you got shovels boys when this rampede hits it will burry you lot :doh: