Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SATSIGS

Posted
. . . . .

SATSIGS news flash: SATSIGS 3, yes 3 has been reached, this has ensued following almost near rampede conditions.

Not so hastey Mr. Prudence, in raising the alarm status. Wait for them to bunch up a bit, and then . . . . .

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

Serious incident of Comparisons with '47/'63 spotted at 21.54 hours in model output discussion, originating in Norwich.

Edited by osmposm

Posted

Had my car serviced and MOT'd today, it went up on a ramp - I feel quite guilty about that!

Posted

Spose this is an anti-ramp post, but judging from the mood tonight, I think SATSIGS may have done it's job a little too well :lol: Ramping is extremely confined. Bit sad really, taken all the fun away :doh:

Dave

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

listening learning leading

Posted

The 00z run is like a flop of three clubs to a guy holding Ace of clubs, 2 of diamonds, if you see what I mean.

But we'd like to see another club before we go all in. Or a couple of aces. :good:

Posted

Hi All

More blatent ramping spotted eminating from the Dorset area, I Quote "Anybody east of the M1 could easily see 5-20cm." glass of Abingdon any one....

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Question for the Authorities - is there a measure for the distance some posters travel from a Ramp to an Abingdon in the same thread - for example - on the back of the 18z - "The even larger teapot is nonsense and the 20-30cm of snow we'll get on the back of this will prove it :):clap::good: ." to, within 5 pages on the back of the 00z - "Well, Winter's over - We'll never see another snowflake in this country :good::):angry: ".

It seems to be a growing trend. May I humbly suggest the measurment unit between ecstatic highs and deep lows as 'a prozac'?

Posted
Serious incident of Comparisons with '47/'63 spotted at 21.54 hours in model output discussion, originating in Norwich.

Norwich? Who said Norwich? I'm worried.....

Worried of Norwich.

Posted

I wonder if Fen FM was at all responsible?

Posted
I wonder if Fen FM was at all responsible?

Won't have been them they only cover Wisbech, Spalding, & King's Lynn. All quiet on there at the moment, just played REO speed wagon.

Posted
The 00z run is like a flop of three clubs to a guy holding Ace of clubs, 2 of diamonds, if you see what I mean.

But we'd like to see another club before we go all in. Or a couple of aces. :good:

Roger, you might as well be speaking venusian, or Swahili, or with a Wulverumptun accent...you're going to have to walk me through that one.

Posted

Tremor coming out of Leicester:

I don't understand you lot -10 over england even cornwall at one point and -16-20 850's to our east. this is the biggest ramp this year for some of them charts. had probs with net-wether charts this morning so went to wetterzentrale and ive never seen anything that cold in the offering so far this winter. mind you i missed yesterdays 12z 18z and 00z . this is an amazaing upgrade to yesterdays 6z run though. A few more days and metoffice will be thinking of puttingan early warning out, i'd guess friday at a guess. them charts should also prompt a news story from the good old national express soon as well.
Edited by The Enforcer

Posted

Try Beechams.

Posted
Tremor coming out of Leicester:

Would that be "Lesta" or "Leicester"? Just checkin(g).

Do we gamble, hoping to draw the nuts?

Texas Hold 'em

Thanks for the assist G. I know the game, it was trying to get my head around the significance of the deal that I gave up on - admittedly after only about 5 seconds.

Posted

I detect the emergence, around 45 minutes ago, of a remarkably unexpected - given the location - zone of East Anglian level headedness. I mean, Wisbech is almost in East Anglia.

Posted

A bit of a wobble on the traces just now. Somebody mentioned BLIZZARDS, albeit trying hard not to ramp but it sort of leaked out right at the end. Hard to pinpoint but MIGHT have come from TRZOESO. After such a long drought it's good that we might have to order some more ink for the plotters here at SATSIGs - probably not before 2010 the rate things are going, but hey, it's better than watching 'good guess or bad guess'?

Posted
Rurrrrrp Rurrrrp Rurrrrp Rurrrrrp....

SATSIGs ALERT

Mild ramp projecting shin deep snow emanating from the Northern Isles

Ramp factor 2

I feel that a wee upgrade to Level 3 may be in order after that excellent 12z !!

Posted

SATSIGS ALERT 3 VEERING 4

EPICENTRE OF ALERT: SUSSEX-IN-THE-URALS

Just as a day is unto a thousand years in the eyes of the Lord (2 Peter 3 v8), so a mile and a week are unto a continent and a nano-second in the eyes of residents of Sussex, especially Bexleyvitch. SATSIGS is particularly admirational of the conflagration of time and distance in the statement "we are 300 miles from something spectacular".

Edited by West is Best