Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 04/02/07 onwards

Posted

Light snow just started here again but I'm too low for it to settle!!

however was settling well up by bristol airport when I drove through about 10:30 :-)

Paul.

post-388-1171021323_thumb.jpg

Posted

Light snow- flakes generally sleety pellets - since 11 00 here, not settling, light winds -radiative cooling potential?

Keele University : Weather Data

Lat. 52° 59' 55 N Long. 2° 16' 05 W :

OS Grid Ref : SJ 820447; Alt. 179m (587ft) O.D.

http://pangaea.esci.keele.ac.uk/weather/

Posted

A few soft hail and snow showers this morning but with current temperature of 1.4c looking west from my house at about 200 feet more elevation everything is white-here anything that fell has already melted.

Posted

Good Morning

well here in Luton we still have at least 2"-3" Laying snow and i had to look twice but we are currently having a snow flurry, baring in mind we were not supposed to see any more snow here but i had a feeling we might see a little due to elevation and the front moving up from the SW, we must be on the far east side of the front.

LO

Edited by Luton Observation

Posted

been snowing extremely heavy now for over an hour, about 6cm of new snow and lots to come.

Picture055.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Hope you like the pics!

Posted

Lovely Pics

Snowing here since about 10:30 Not sticking though as started as sleet and I am only 75 asl. Malvern hills are probably getting some nice fresh snow though. I didnt expect this to be happening today after seeing the reports from last night.

Nor did the met. Just goes to show really, sometimes you really just cant tell what is going to happen even 12 hours out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Light snow has been falling here for the past 20 minutes. Temp' is -0.1c

T.M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Up to 10cm+ has fallen already and its stick coming down thick and fast, alot of snow on roads and very dangerous driving conditions. Its been snowing for 3hours now.

Posted

Has been snowing lightly in Buckingham for about an hour and now getting heavier with larger flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It did snow, quite hard for a couple of hours, everything nicely white - just. Now turned to rain, what a surprise, not.

Posted

Great pics jackfrost! Still snowing here bit not hard enough to stick :D Still-NONE of this was forcast so great :(

Posted

Wet snow falling here for about 1 hour.

Temp is +0.5c and there is a slow thaw of yesterday's snow.

Larger flakes for about the last 15 minutes and now slightly heavier.

No road problems here. Although yestedays salt was ineffective as the temperature was below minus 2c mots of the day, today the temperature at around zero has resulted in melting of laying ice and snow.

Cannot see any road problems developing unless there is a massive snow dumping in a short space of time that might "over-power" the salt effect.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
Great pics jackfrost! Still snowing here bit not hard enough to stick :wallbash: Still-NONE of this was forcast so great :)

Same here, too fine to stick. 10:30pm BBC forecast last night did predict snow though.

Posted

A very very rare occurrence here in Stratosdale. Snow has fallen on snow which itself fell on a previous snowfall. That none of these falls exceeds about 2mm (= 2cm in areas of high snowflation) is a by-the-by, when I got home last night there were remnants of what I assume were showers on Tuesday night, followed by a dusting from yesterday's event (this must have been pretty much the very northern extent) and it has now been snowing for about twenty minutes.

Current intensity only about 2 on the Stratos scale, but that would be a blizzard in some places! Certainly still looking forward to an interesting 24-36 hours.

Hi all,

since about 08:00 this AM it has been snowing on Exmoor, Devon, above about 200m altitude, 1-3 inches settled (west to East),

from Mullacott Cross - Kentisbury - Parracombe - Brendon Common, south to Muddiford and Bratton Fleming.

Gritters and couple of ploughs out at present

rest of Devon has had rain, temps now rising slowly in North Devon as well so snow should die out.

(Somerset conditions unknown).

Posted
T'was snowing about an hour ago in Wednesbury, West Midlands (rain (sleet on higher ground) in South Derbyshire though).

According to the forecasts on the Beeb, it is supposed to be raining but wonderfully, it has been snowing in Chesham, Bucks since `10,30 ish. At one point the biggest fat flakes I have ever seen. 1.30 and still snowing but more wet and sleety. i suspect the big bad rain will be next. Ah, well, fun while it lasted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Just beginning to sleet here in Wimborne!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

heavy snow here, just starting to settle onto wet surfaces.

IMAG0005-1.jpg