Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 04/02/07 onwards

Posted

Started to sleet here in Lichfield at 12.00pm and continued till 1.30pm. Now snowing hard but too wet to settle at the moment.

A slow thaw of lying snow has occurred. Snow depth now down to 1-2cm.

Very large flakes and looks wonderful but can't see it lasting, although temp has fallen in last half hour, now 1.5c (was 2.0c).

TCBTS

Posted

Hello folks,

Sorry, should have posted yesterday but didn't have time! Had about 2.5 inches of snow down here overnight during the early hours of Thursday. Possibly the most snow since February 1991 believe it or not! Thaw well under way now unforunately.

I am hoping for more before winter's out.

:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Light snow here atm nothing sticking as its too light.

Posted
Light snow here atm nothing sticking as its too light.

It was like that here for HOURS then all of a sudden.....................

:D

Posted

Snowing moderately here now, more sleet than anything before when it was lighter. Temperature bit on the high side though - 0.9C.

Slow thaw of yesterdays snow, only about 7cm left at most. Might settle on top of that but I doubt it.

Posted

It's been snowing since about 9am thsi mornin, so far about 3 inches ontop of the 3 or 4 we had yesterday. No signs of it letting up either so i expect about 10 inches by tomorrow morning if it keeps up.

Steve

Posted

Moderate very fine snow here now with an increasing wind - it's not a blizzard but if it continues to develop as is we're in for an interesting evening up here: it's got appreciably heavier in the last half hour since the lads arrived to fit my emergency oil tank (environmental catastrophe in the making) - which is focussing their mind on the task at hand.

Temp 0.7C: about 5mm settled now. STRATOS snow intensity now in the range 10-15. Unusual for sustaiined snow at this intensity nowadays, and every chance of it getting higher yet: almost 18 years to the day since the third big blizzard in 1979, and the same very fine granular snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Sleety showers here in Newcastle. Mostly soft hail.

Edited by Freezing-Point

Posted

Its make yer mind up time Mr clouds , Rain , sleet Snow now Snow er my head hurts here in Rotherham S.Yorks .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
Temp 0.7C: about 5mm settled now. STRATOS snow intensity now in the range 10-15. Unusual for sustaiined snow at this intensity nowadays, and every chance of it getting higher yet: almost 18 years to the day since the third big blizzard in 1979, and the same very fine granular snow.

Bit of a ramp ? lol. Heavy snow here. Although not really adding much tto my covering from yestreday. Temp IS 0.5c

Posted

We've got fairly heavy snowfalling, here in Nuneaton, which is attempting to settle.

Posted

snowing like mad again, we had a fine lay6er of hail that has allowed it to settle on all surfaces again.

Had about another inch in the last hour. Cmon!!!!

Just south of worcester btw

Posted
Bit of a ramp ? lol. Heavy snow here. Although not really adding much tto my covering from yestreday. Temp IS 0.5c

Undeniably, but I'm licking my lips watching the radar. I don't expect the intensity currently over Wales to be maintained in the migration north (though you never know), but the radar suggests that we've still got much heavier stuff to come here. My intensity scale might be overstating today slightly, the calculation falls down once it starts to get misty, and I suspect that part of the reduced vis is mist now snow, but when it's this fine it's hard to tell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Rain has now turned to snowfall. Beginning to settle on the fields. Reports of heavy snowfall coming from the Cheshire Peak.

C

Posted

Its been snowing lightly here for 2 hours but only settling slightly even though its only 0.7oc.

On the higher suburbs its sticking though.

Here are some pics taken this morning in Sheffield at 220 mts asl before todays unexpected snow.

post-1042-1171034646_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1171034657_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1171034681_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1171034692_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1171034703_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1171034716_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1171034725_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

2.1c here...rained for a bit and now turned to medium snow..it does appear that the heavier bits are moving NE so will prob miss us..quite suprised it is snowing considering yesterday a similar front was above me but nothing fell.not sticking.too wet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Snowing here now. But not sticking.

Posted

Amazing what a difference a few miles and a few feet vertical makes G-W.

0.4C here now. Still fine snow, like sand. Would be some great drifts if the wind got up and if it snowed a lot more. Two huge "ifs" in this day and age. Apologies re picture quality; couldn't bebothered to go outside so the blobs on the window reflected back. They aren't snow!

post-364-1171035501_thumb.jpg

Posted

Been snowing here for about an hour or so, started that fine, I thought it would be impossible to stick, but now going heavier, and MET office radar shows brighter echos on the way!! Its not the best snow we've ever had....but its all "white" for now.......hehe, sorry for the pun. Temp is -1oC

...seriously though, it is all white, but lower down in the town of Oldham, its failing to stick, and my dad says theres none in Rochdale centre either