Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 04/02/07 onwards

Posted
  • Location: Thurleigh, Bedfordshire. 81m. ASL. Lat: 52º 12' 53" N Long: 0º 27' 14" W
  • Location: Thurleigh, Bedfordshire. 81m. ASL. Lat: 52º 12' 53" N Long: 0º 27' 14" W

Snow depth at 0900 was 8 cm. At midday it had increased to 9 cm. However, although there is still very fine snow falling, it is now to a depth of 8.7 cm. Temperature currently 0.9 C

Posted

At 5am when I looked outside we had no snow at all, by 8am the road,paths and gardens all had a covering of about 1 1/2 - 2cm (estimate). Has snowed most of the morning in a very desultory sort of way but has now stopped. There is still about 2cm but it is thawing slightly. Hope my little grand-daughter enjoyed the snow Krasnoyarsk Yene - she'll be seeing a lot more than this when she gets to Russia later this month!

Posted
Had soft hail and snow on and off since 9am.

Weather man on tv/local radio says more to come for our area this afternoon and tonight.

I'm in North Norfolk and it has been the same - despite a very cold night last night and a frost lasting into the morning, when the snow fell it just didn't stick apart from a few localised places which even now are melting. Also turning to rain - very disappointing here especially when the likes of London have had a good dumping (which has been rare the past years when I lived there). We also did badly during the cold snap at the end of Jan. Will be surprised if I see lying snow here this year but you never know.

Edited by Stephen W

Posted

It has snowed all day here... the last time it did that was in 1996 when we had a blizzard.

Unfortunately the snow is too wet to stick though... we've just got one little snowy patch on the lawn.

Posted

Around 12cm of snow in Steeple Claydon,North Bucks at 10am.Some slight drifting

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

Snow started at around 7am this morning and we've got a good covering. Around 6 to 7cm. Still snowing but there's sleety grains mixed in with it now.

Edited by Cymru

Posted

Snow started to fall just before 5AM this morning, and total accumulations was probably a couple of inches.

The drive to work was fine although the moderate snowfall hampered visibilty.

Now all melting fast.

Posted

Still snowing lightly here in Lichfield. Current snow depth 2.5-3in (6-8cm) but around 10-12cm in drifts. A slow thaw has started on roofs, cars, roads and pavements but not on grass. This is the best snow event since I was stuck on the M11 a few years back. Here are a few pics that I took earlier.

post-6383-1170946835_thumb.jpg post-6383-1170946871_thumb.jpg post-6383-1170946925_thumb.jpg post-6383-1170946981_thumb.jpg

post-6383-1170947007_thumb.jpg

TCBTS

Edited by The Calm before the Storm

Posted

Just arrived back from Spain,apparently there was a cover of snow overnight but it has virtually disappeared now with the temperature 4.6c,current weather dry with some sunshine.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Started snowing here at 5am and has been continuous ever since to varying degrees. Accumulation of about 5cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Snow stopped at about 12pm earlier and now moderate snow and i think it may go blizzard like before anything calms down. The sky looks absoloutley full of it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Snowing moderately.0c.approx 6cms. now.

Been snowing off and on since about 5.30am.Here are some pics. i took about 2hrs. ago.

A reasonable fall of Snow--enough to entertain all the youngsters--including my Grandchildren who are all off school today.

Posted

Snow falling steadily now in Glenridding (Ullswater, Lake District). Started about 20 minutes ago, already a covering.

Posted

Snowing again here! It turned to fine drizzle at around mid afternoon but now it's back to snow and big flakes at that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

heavy snow right now here, only just sticking to the wet surfaces that melted, none melted snow is building up fast though about 2 inches so far

Posted

It started snowing here in Sheffield around 7am and became heavy for an hour around 9am but since then it has been mainly light and intermittent. At 220 mts asl we had 2cm but on the low ground, not much at all, even though the ground is frozen and top temp today of 0.5oc. Still snowing lightly.

post-1042-1170949969_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1170949981_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1170950015_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1170950025_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1170950040_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1170950056_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1170950066_thumb.jpg

Posted

A covering at 05.00 but thawing by 07.00, more wet snow/sleet until 09.00 but completely thawed by midday.

A few inches on the hills, but even this has all gone now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
Snow stopped at about 12pm earlier and now moderate snow and i think it may go blizzard like before anything calms down. The sky looks absoloutley full of it!

Is that the deepest snow you have seen since arriving on Earth Blizzards? :yahoo:

I do hope you get the chance to see a good dumping of a foot or more. When i was your age i was lucky enough to be waist deep in the stuff :drinks:

All i have had from this is half an our of sleet at 130ish this morning.

You guys up North of me could see snow into Saturday, it'll get deeper surley, good luck.

Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Is that the deepest snow you have seen since arriving on Earth Blizzards? :D

I do hope you get the chance to see a good dumping of a foot or more. When i was your age i was lucky enough to be waist deep in the stuff :rolleyes:

All i have had from this is half an our of sleet at 130ish this morning.

You guys up North of me could see snow into Saturday, it'll get deeper surley, good luck.

Russ

yep since i was born in 1994 this is the worst snow seen! 15cm in bits here! Loving it! Its been going for 10 hours now and still going!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Moderate snowfall now in my part of Cheshire. Wind dropped out.

C

Posted

Snowing here again abeit light but sky looks very full of it ! snowed from warly hours till about 1.00p.m good few inchs

Edited by biddie

Posted

Winter arrives in style!

What a fantastic day! I never even hoped for this much snow, i measured when it was at it's peak as being 14cm (roughly 6inches) and that wasn't even in the drifts.

I looked out of my window at 2am - no snow, back to bed then 4:30am - no snow, a little anxious, back to bed, looked out at 6:30am - 3 inches of snow, still falling heavily. It fell continuously from then on until about 3 oclock, by then 6 inches, although beginning to get slushy with a temperature of 2.4c. Then a respite, but snowing again now, with a temperature of 1.0c, still 3 inches lying. Day off school!! And! School Photo's cancelled!! Double bonus - if not triple with the snow.

I admit i got a little excited whilst building a snowman 3 foot taller than me, and subsequently fainted (yes, I'm not particularly fit).

I'm hoping for another day off school tomorrow, especially if the melted slushy roads begin to freeze again.

I've never seen snow so thick, and it just kept coming and coming - Brilliant. Excellent. Amazing.

(A very worn out, happy) Tommy