Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 04/02/07 onwards

Posted

It was snowing in central london around 6 am, with about an inch of coverage. Unfortunately since then the laying snow has melted quite a bit and it now looks as if there is less than a cm on the ground out there. It's started snowing again within the last 10 minutes, much bigger flakes this time.

Mispy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Some snow here this morning, about 2/3 cm. Roads are covered but there's only a dusting of snow on the grass. Only been snowing for 2 hours or so, and there's light snow falling now.

Posted

Morning all,

Woke up to about 2 to 3 inches of snow 6.45,falling lightly at the time but since then its pepped up to be quite heavy currently....sticking fast to everything.

Charlie our dog is quite bemused by it all...kids loving it!

WOTS

Posted

Measured 4-5 inches on front lawn at 7 a.m.. Good old-fashioned synoptics - for those of us old enough to remember the 1980s!

Edited by altocumulus

Posted

Light snow just South of Nottingham at 8am. Only recently started, but settling readily. Temp. 0.0 C. Disgusted to hear a BBC Radio reporter from Worcestershire (I think) banging on about snow starting at 3am and "snowing very heavily for 3 hours", leaving AT LEAST 2.5" cover!!! If that's heavy snow, I'm the Prime Minister.... Why do they 'hyperbolise' about weather all the time? Can't they see that they're talking nonsense?! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Been snowing lightly for about 10-15 mins now but everything is sticking so we already have a slight covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
Been snowing lightly for about 10-15 mins now but everything is sticking so we already have a slight covering.

Started about 8.am here and it's now quite heavy , my son is outside playing in it before he goes to school

Posted
Light snow just South of Nottingham at 8am. Only recently started, but settling readily. Temp. 0.0 C. Disgusted to hear a BBC Radio reporter from Worcestershire (I think) banging on about snow starting at 3am and "snowing very heavily for 3 hours", leaving AT LEAST 2.5" cover!!! If that's heavy snow, I'm the Prime Minister.... Why do they 'hyperbolise' about weather all the time? Can't they see that they're talking nonsense?! :D

You should have seen the reporter on the Brecon Beacons reporting "blizzard" like conditions!! (Yeah right-you can't see in a blizzard!!)It's coming down here fast now-no doubt IF it can last all day we will have something decent. Looks like this is all happening much slower than predicted though?

Posted

0850 just started here in s Doncaster, temp=zero

settling straight away

Posted

Started snowing here about 2:30am, and still falling, currently about 5-6cm.

Temperature varying between -0.1 and 0.0!

Can't tell you the wind speed - my anemometers jammed up with snow!! but it's E and NE, was gusting to 12-13mph.

RH86%, DP -2.6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Overnight very cold, widespread icy and in the last 30 mins it has started snowing. Only fine snow here at the minute ahead of whats left of the main band which should arrive in the next hour. Settling readily.

Not really what I would post on the MetOffice as 'Heavy Snow' lol who they trying to kid :)

Edited by rikki

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Got 4-5 inches here in purton,swindon.All 4 kids are at home today as schools are closed :)

Posted

Heavy to moderate snow now, almost horizontal from a strong easterly wind. 11cm deep with drifts up to 50cm forming.