Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 04/02/07 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Well its heaviER again now, 1.5cm covering.

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Snow is falling heavily again now and has been for about 20 mins, very big flakes.

Posted

Witney, Oxfordshire. Continual snow since approx 0230am. 1100 and snow has stopped. A rare event indeed. Even Abingdon received snow.

Sitrep:

Eastly wind, approx 6kts,

Vis - 1000m and rising,

Recent Snow,

Cloud - Overcast at 800ft,

Snow depth - 4ins, 8ins in drifts.

Not seen this much snow since 1987.

Posted

The snow here seems to be stopping....oh hang on its really really fine flakes that you have to stare hard to see.

3 to 4 inches i think gonna do a proper measure in a bit.

Dont know how much more we're gonna get, if any. hope so :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Morning all,

The snow has reached me here at 11am, c. 15m north of the Humber.

Medium sized flakes, snowing quite hard and beginning to settle .

I had expected to miss out today really.

Cheers,

BL x

Posted

Hello again

well my final totals for today due to the fact despite the snow still falling its warming up as we approach mid day and we have a slight thaw. However we have accumulated 10cm (4") with my brother saying that over at Leighton Buzzard he had around 6"(15cm).

what a great day been out in the snow with my kids and had a great time, not only did i really enjoy it but i thought i might not get to see my kids faces at so much snow with climate been like it is.

A GREAT DAY!!!

LO

Posted

Good morning :rofl:

We had a very light snow shower at 8.45am lasted 1/2hr

just a few large flakes in the air at the moment

temp here is +1

breezy wind

Sky total cloud cover.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

9CM OF SNOWS IN ME'S BACK GARDENS!!! WICKEEEEEEEEDS! AWESOMES MAN! ME AND DOGGY BROADIS IS SAT ON PYLONS ALL NIGHTS WAITED FOR ITS AND IT IS THE FINALLY ARRIVEDS!!!!!!!! YIPSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

WELCOMES HOME SNOWS! U IS FANTASTEEEECS!!! ME IS LOVES ITS!!!

FRRRRRREZINGS OUT THERES!

Posted

I wish I lived in Lootons.

A few light to moderate snow showers here throughout the morning, not really accumulating to a great deal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Light snow flurries brushing past Cleadon in the early morning, but showers largely dodged this location- even if we'd hit them there would probably have been no more than 1-2cm.

Hail shower at 4:30am left a centimetre of cover.

Since then it's been warm (4C) with no showers.

Posted

Hello All

Started snowing in Swindon somtime between 12 and 2am, woke up to 4inchs lying and steady fall, stopped at around 9am, Swindon to Oxford road quite clear but some bad bits , couple of cars on side of road spun off, still snowing in Oxford now!! (slowing now) no sign of thaw. Roads are all slushy, but still quite tricky though!

:drinks:

Posted

Althoug the snow today has been good i have had 3 inches but i am in a dip so never get as much as others around me. This event has not been anyway near like 86 or even 91 for my part of the country. Back then the snow settled and stayed around for a few days with more falling on top. This snow will be gone by tommorrow eve so in one way yes it is a good event but for those who remember it snowing and staying around like me it has not been as good.

I am still happy with what i got though. Was able to have a snow ball fight with the children in the park today for the first time in 3 years.

Posted

And here?

A measly 2cm at 9am, compared to a forecast 5-10; still snowing now but only about another cm at most has been added. Just seen reports of 10cm+ in Worcestershire; I expect Telford's got lorryloads again- why does Shrewsbury always seem to miss the best of the fun? At least I can finally put something in the "snow lying" column though.

Posted
And here?

A measly 2cm at 9am, compared to a forecast 5-10; still snowing now but only about another cm at most has been added. Just seen reports of 10cm+ in Worcestershire; I expect Telford's got lorryloads again- why does Shrewsbury always seem to miss the best of the fun? At least I can finally put something in the "snow lying" column though.

Don't moan! Some is better than none :drinks: We've got about 3cm's here now-been snowing constantly since around 8am-it's much heavier now too. Forcast seems to be way out-they said it would start much earlier and be done by now so looks like we may have plenty to come? Funny how Shrewsbury misses it-spoke to my sister in Oswestry and they had heavy snow this morning.

Posted
Don't moan! Some is better than none :D We've got about 3cm's here now-been snowing constantly since around 8am-it's much heavier now too. Forcast seems to be way out-they said it would start much earlier and be done by now so looks like we may have plenty to come? Funny how Shrewsbury misses it-spoke to my sister in Oswestry and they had heavy snow this morning.

Ok, I take back the Telford comment if you only have 3cm too B)

Listening to the radio this morning it seemed that the southeasternrnmost parts of the county had got the most, there was a call from Snailbeach (one of the highest villages in the county) reporting only 4cm so perhaps it's not just Shrewsbury this time.

Shrewsbury really does miss out so often though- Feb 1996 and Dec 2000 were probably the two most striking examples.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Had soft hail and snow on and off since 9am.

Weather man on tv/local radio says more to come for our area this afternoon and tonight.

Edited by roberthines

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been snowing here since about 8am, its hardly settled. Very dissapointing though not unusual for this part of Lincolnshire.

Posted

Moderate snow falling and being blown about. 18cm now fell today with some impressive drifts growing to around 1m

Posted

11cm of snow in South West Milton Keynes, been snowing solidly since around 6am, with some heavy showers, i think it is stopping now.

Posted

Started to snow about 15 minutes ago again, but very small flakes. Probably what I would describe as the snow version of drizzle. A shame really, as if the flakes were larger (with the current fall rate), we would have something quite noteworthy.

Hi all,

only snow in Devon was overnight with about 1/2" (10mm) above 500m on Dartmoor and "a few inches" on the Devon part of Exmoor above about 300m.

Dartmoor melted by lunchtime,

Exmoor melting at present.