Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 8

Posted
This is taking the micheal now.

Snow to south west north and east of us!

im 40 miles south of you and we've had a good covering of non stop snow since 7.15...shows the difference a few miles can make.

Posted
Wonderful. Surpassing the Jan 04 Thundersnow event . Snow level is roughly at about 8cm with scattered snow pockets in my garden at 13 cm deep. I measured some drifts against my fence at 25 cm lol

You're gonna have fun updating your signature when this is all over mate :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Snow still very light here not much change to the 0.5cm covering. :p

Posted

The forecasters said we’d get nothing, most on here did – but it’s leathering it down here in West Yorks – looks to me as if the band is stronger than most expected up here??????? Can anyone agree???

Posted

A word of warning to those travelling overnight or early tomorrow morning.

The temps are going to drop like a stone tonight especially towards the W due to clearer skies. The roads could be lethal what with the snowfall freezing so please take care because in addition to this freezing fog could be an added hazard.

Here is the chart for this!.

Rmgfs244.gif

Posted
Anyone else in the southern coastal counties interested by the little trail of ppn coming out of the main band that's moving due east through Hampshire at the moment?

yep im watching that.. could get very interesting. just no reports of anybody underneath at the mo to know what it is doing.

Posted
im 40 miles south of you and we've had a good covering of non stop snow since 7.15...shows the difference a few miles can make.

Yer Lincs fm said you had it bad, along with Grantham and Spalding. They still say 2cm for us though...can't see that tbh.

Ooooooooh flakes falling at about 4 a minute again..exciting times lie ahead!

Edited by lincolnsnow07

Posted

this weather sucks at the mo :):p here at the wash we havnt had any decent wintery weather at all this winter .

we have very fine snow falling fairly lightly, so do any of the more experienced people here if the wash is going to get any heavier snowfall? :)

thanks SHU

p.s damn weather just as i press enter the snow picks up

Edited by south_holland_uk

Posted

3cm of snow (exactly the same as the Jan 24 event) when I left home in Reading at 8.00, but unlike that event it was still snowing lightly so we could end up with noticeably more. At the top of the hill here on the outskirts of Basingstoke there's much more - about 7cm at present and snowing moderately. Temperature hovering around 0 deg C.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
You're gonna have fun updating your signature when this is all over mate :p

Yes ! The first marginal event to come off since I can remember. The wind (although light) is still whipping up the snow and blowing it all over. The heaviest of the snow is falling now. Temperature -1.0C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

I agree it will stall, but I don't think that the 'stall point' has necessarily been reached yet. The only reason I say this is that northerly progress, from radars at least, has probably been a little more progressive than had been forecast.

Posted

its coming down quite fast but its those little grains

Posted

As expected the snow's not making much if any impact this far north. I have to travel to Manchester to work at 11am, and at this present moment in time, it looks like I will be taking the car. I hope I don't live to regret that lol

Anyway worse case scenario is I leave the car at work, and get the bus home.

Posted
this weather sucks at the mo :):p here at the wash we havnt had any decent wintery weather at all this winter .

we have very fine snow falling fairly lightly, so do any of the more experienced people here if the wash is going to get any heavier snowfall? :)

thanks SHU

im 20 miles further west with decent snow...strange how you have only small amounts. but i honestly dont think its gonna get any heavier round here than it already is.

Posted
yep im watching that.. could get very interesting. just no reports of anybody underneath at the mo to know what it is doing.

9.30 radar shows that it's knocking on my door now, and skies are darkening to the west. Will be marginal here though - temperature is between 1+2c, so unless it drops during precipitation, I could end up with sleet or wet snow to wash all that I have away...

Will keep you posted!

Posted
this weather sucks at the mo :wallbash::wallbash: here at the wash we havnt had any decent wintery weather at all this winter .

we have very fine snow falling fairly lightly, so do any of the more experienced people here if the wash is going to get any heavier snowfall? :cc_confused:

thanks SHU

Im amazed you haven't had anything because I have had constant snow since 7am with a very good covering now. Where exactly is your location because are you in Spalding or further NE towards Holbeach?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
its coming down quite fast but its those little grains

Im not getting grains. Im getting fast heavy small flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The met office site is still showing snow over us by 9pm this evening!!!

That would mean 15 hours of snowfall - even if its light there will end up a good covering. :cc_confused:

Posted

TEITS thanks for the warning ref : tonight / tomorrow morning. I'm out at 5am on Friday to work (Crewe to Congleton)

I should add that i've had huge fun reading all the threads over the past 48 hrs. This is a fantastic pool of poeple with constant updating on conditions all acroos the affected areas. 1-2 cms here.

Edited by Buxton Hills