Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Flood damage reports.

Posted

i hear my home town of oxford has flooded because the cherwell has flooded into the canal, sending barges and houseboats careering into fields. nearby abingdon has also flooded. the worst of the flooding in the likes of tewkesbury is still to come. shall we all move to buxton?

Posted
Yes! I just heard that...I hope we don't get power cuts too,this is getting so worrying :) Is your water still on dogs?

YEA Jane last time I checked....If we loose power as well how depressing

I will get so fed up when the water goes and if the electrics go. candles

ps beka you make me lol..in a nice way

at the moment it looks though there is a possibility it will be you JANE(electrics not here at the moment I think,,,only water

though saying thAT ,THE SUPPLY does a large part of glos as well :)

Jane...get some batteries for your radio just in case I have.....

Could be the last cooked meal tonight

I dont fancy walking to collect water

Jane you must boil your water

Edited by dogs32

Posted

at the moment it looks though there is a possibility it will be you JANE(electrics not here at the moment I think,,,only water

BBC said if the power goes it will be here as well,I think he said 350,000 people will get effected :)

Posted

My great aunt is visiting from Australia and last Tuesday went to Gloucester to stay with her brother.

They were out to lunch on Friday when the water came through the pub restuarant and had to abandon the car in two foot of water and walk home ( She is a sprightly 82). The water at present has reached the car port but not the house and they are storing saucepans of water.

Will post more if she phones again.

Keep safe all.

Posted

I've temporarily mirrored some grabs from the Bridgnorth webcam to help people to gauge for themselves how much the river has risen.

In sequence - 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9

And here's one from the floods in January this year for comparison. These will all be deleted in 48 hours.

Basically there was a large rise in levels over Friday afternoon and overnight into Saturday, with a much slower but constant creeping up since.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Hi dogs I have charged up batteries for our little radio.I am dreading the power going if this happens.We have everything electric here,no gas cooker etc :) So i guess we will have to live on sandwiches and such! also fridge and freezer will defrost :) I Thought my home town Plymouth was bad for weather,but never, since living here for 7 years have I ever experienced this mayhem. I also wont be able to boil any water if the electric goes :(

Beka I understand what you mean regarding keeping in touch ,good advice !

I don't fancy walking to collect water as well. We have filled up almost every container available here.At the present time our water is still on.

Posted

were expecting a electric power cut...looks like its going to happen,,any good radio stations to listen to regular news(not local)

I am having my last hot meal

good point about water Jane

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Hi dogs I have charged up batteries for our little radio.I am dreading the power going if this happens.We have everything electric here,no gas cooker etc :( So i guess we will have to live on sandwiches and such! also fridge and freezer will defrost :o I Thought my home town Plymouth was bad for weather,but never, since living here for 7 years have I ever experienced this mayhem. I also wont be able to boil any water if the electric goes :(

Beka I understand what you mean regarding keeping in touch ,good advice !

I don't fancy walking to collect water as well. We have filled up almost every container available here.At the present time our water is still on.

Hmmm If I was you I would collect water now (that needs to boiled) and boil it whilst you can. You can use that once its cooled and is sterile. Once the electric goes like you say you are buggered lol.

Another idea maybe is to have a cooking spree. See whats in the freezer that you can eat cold once cooked. Eg - chicken for sandwiches even if its breasts, or pies that can be cooked and eaten cold.

Or try and make a quick fry up or stew of odds and ends that can make a meal.

You might want to empty water into cups and sinks if you havent already!

Gosh I don't envy you guys one bit *Hugs to all*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
I've temporarily mirrored some grabs from the Bridgnorth webcam to help people to gauge for themselves how much the river has risen.

Basically there was a large rise in levels over Friday afternoon and overnight into Saturday, with a much slower but constant creeping up since.

Good idea that. hope you dont mind I have animated a few frames

bridcam.gif

Posted
Hmmm If I was you I would collect water now (that needs to boiled) and boil it whilst you can. You can use that once its cooled and is sterile. Once the electric goes like you say you are buggered lol.

Another idea maybe is to have a cooking spree. See whats in the freezer that you can eat cold once cooked. Eg - chicken for sandwiches even if its breasts, or pies that can be cooked and eaten cold.

Or try and make a quick fry up or stew of odds and ends that can make a meal.

You might want to empty water into cups and sinks if you havent already!

Gosh I don't envy you guys one bit *Hugs to all*

Hi beka

Have cooked some of the stuff in the freezer and also boiled quite a lot of water this evening.We will also try to get to a supermarket tommorow to buy some bottled water,we didn't go today due to there being a bit of a panic and everybody rushing out to buy food and water at the same time.Thank god the rain held off today in my neck of the woods! Thanks for your advice :o

Posted

Jane latest.....some parts of TEWKS/GLOS WITHOUT POWER

NOT CHELT YET.

dont know if thats it I guess not Im affraid

taps still running

Edited by dogs32

Water pressure in Cheltenham dropped massively in the last 10 mins. Can anyone update me with the situation in Defford road Pershore please?

Just one thing to add people, please do not be stupid at this time I have read several quotes from people on this forum today that have appaled me.

DO NOT take water from a steam to flush your toilet, use dish water and the like, DO NOT go anywhere near a swollen stream or river.

DO NOT 'Drive out' to flood affected areas to 'have a look' you are hampering rescue ops and should be charged with obstruction

DO NOT 'fill your bath with water' It is your actions which have shortened the water supply by approx 4 hours and whilst your bath is full, bottle feeding babies may suffer through lack of water.

Please think of the bigger picture.

Paul

Edited by Peckachu

Posted

good point paul...bath

the truth is EVEYONE or nearly everyone as done these things..........Morissons/Tesco panick buying so Im sure this as happened

All I know Pershore is bad VERY.....just like glos

Water pressure in lizzy way low...but no cut off yet

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Anglian Water, Thames Water and Suffolk and Essex Water are going to assist with supplying drinking water in bowsers and tankers, so water is coming, though this might not help in the very short term.

Earlier point re: the gulf stream, this is something that has been warned about for the last few years. If the gulf stream does not shift back we can expect perpetual floods during winter and extreemly heavy snowfall, nor akin to the nordic countries.

Take care everyone please, this is looking to get worse before better

Posted

I don't mind the snowfall its just the flooding i don't want. Has anyone lost water yey?

Edited by mark bayley

the truth is EVEYONE or nearly everyone as done these things..........Morissons/Tesco panick buying so Im sure this as happened

Many may have already done these things Dogs, but that does not make it excuseable. Please people try not to panic re the water, tankers will be out in the affected areas by tomorrow am. It is expected that you will be allowed to take 1 to 2 buckets of water

I don't mind the snowfall its just the flooding i don't want.

Trouble is mark flooding will also follow the snowfall.

Edited by Peckachu

Posted
no Trickey/Jane/and no monkey uk since friday

maybe Janes lost power....now

I'm sure Trickey been on today but earlier this morning don't know about the other 2. It does not look like being a good week this week i'm afraid so i think theres worse to come before its gets better but fingers crossed that it won't be as bad as first thought.

Posted
no Trickey/Jane/and no monkey uk since friday

maybe Janes lost power....now

I'm still here dogs.We still have water here as well.Thank goodness!!

Hi there all. I don't post much, but thought tonight would be a good time.

Best wishes to all those affected in Gloucester and the surrounding areas and I really hope everything calms down. As an ex Cotswolder, born and bred I know the areas really well and can only sympathise. We have been hit here in Lincolnshire again for the second time in as many weeks and I have been heavily involved with sandbagging those affected. Thankfully it seems to have calmed down here and I am hoping Wednesday's rain doesn't drop to much on us as the land is so saturated and the dykes and rivers cannot take much more. If anyone can give me a heads up for the amount of rain expected I would be most grateful as it will help me plan the shift patterns for the lads.

Take care all.

Posted

Best wishes to all those affected in Gloucester and the surrounding areas and I really hope everything calms down. As an ex Cotswolder, born and bred I know the areas really well and can only sympathise. We have been hit here in Lincolnshire again for the second time in as many weeks and I have been heavily involved with sandbagging those affected. Thankfully it seems to have calmed down here and I am hoping Wednesday's rain doesn't drop to much on us as the land is so saturated and the dykes and rivers cannot take much more. If anyone can give me a heads up for the amount of rain expected I would be most grateful as it will help me plan the shift patterns for the lads.

Take care all.

hi this is on the met check frount page

Some heavy, persistent rainfall across Southern areas over the next 24 hours as an area of low pressure runs up the English Channel with rain and winds on its Northern flank.

The rain is already pushing into the far South-west of Cornwall. Overnight tonight and into tomorrow, so the rain spreads slowly East and North, covering many Southern areas by Monday evening.

Many Southern counties can expect another inch of rain within this time, perhaps edging nearer the two inch mark across parts of Kent and Essex as the low wraps around on itself before clearing away slowly into the North Sea on Tuesday.

Strong onshore winds too for East Anglia late on Monday, touching gale force in some areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Take care all.

How Doo TS - do you work for East Lindsey by any chance?