Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 28th-29th July

Posted

Yay a few rumbles and some lighting around 15mins ago,dont know where its gone now though,no wait its back again :huh:

Posted
I've just seen some good lightning over your way

T.

Dont know where its gone now,did you get much? I missed most of the lightning couldnt tear myself away from comp long enough to many ppl on msn lol by the time i got to sign out it had disappeard typical

Posted

Numerus thunderstorms maerged into 1. Frequent lightning/thunder and torrential rain from 6.30pm which is now starting to cease at 9.40pm. Easily in excess of 2 inches of water.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A number of thunderstorms pepped up just after 4.30pm. Only a tad of rain fell here but it looked like plenty over towards Bristol with very frequent thunder, some of them lovely loud cracks but mostly low rumbles and booms. Surprisingly, much less frequent lightning.

Posted

Second storm here from around 7.45pm until around 10pm.

Posted

Rattling around for the last 2 hours, all directions, electricity went off briefly at 9.30 pm - I have paid the bill :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

2 Thunderstorms here today.

1st- Lots of Thunder and Lightning, Not Much rain but once very Close CG Flash.

2nd- Severe, Very torrential Rain, Our road was a river and flooded, and 90 mins of Lightning and Thunder!

Posted

Wow long time since I have posted anything worthy in here :-) Anyway It has been an incredable hot day tempreture registering about 30oC It is now roughly about 20oC . Had a few resonable storms but nothing that what I call Big. Tryed to film it earlyer but not great footage. Heres hoping for some more "big summer storms".

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Drove through rather scary storm back from the coast this evening, saw 5 or 6 flashes but could not hardly hear the thunder over my engine! Torrential downpours too made me leave the back lanes for the comfort of the A road up the coast. Back home they said it had thundered after 1900, with 5mm in less than an hour.

Meanwhile in Coventry, Dad reported some thunder mid evening but much of the storm activity passed just SW of the city ( over 40mm around the Henley in Arden area according to NW accumulation), only dampening the ground in the east of Coventry though.

Posted

Well the storm has gone away for the third time this evening,just hopeing it comes back,had one rumble that lasted a good two minutes never heard anything like it :) Scared the mrs half to death :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Saw a few flashes to the southeast and one over Wales all in all very weak storms (if you can call them storms), but even though they disappated before they reached here I'm reporting it because they/it was seen

Posted

Storming here now.

Rain started around 22:30 and has persisted since then, lightening and thunder started to emerge about roughly half an hour ago.

Some quite bright blue flashes as well!

Rumbling pretty quiet, not enough to make me jump, or at least not yet!

Posted

storm here started about one,now just rumbling in distance

Posted

Having a brilliant thunderstorm here - lightning every around 10 seconds now gradually getting weaker - heavy torrential rain

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

just been woken up by the loudest thunder i can remember.... 2 big rumbles and 2 great flashes......stopped now yawn night.

ok just started again 8 seconds apart...rain really bad too.

Edited by amanda_langlands

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Had some thunder rumbling around between around 9pm-1am last night. Another thunderstorm rolled through around 4am lasting for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Last night the smaller east side of the storm rolled over waking me up, a couple of medium loud cracks of thunder and other distant rumbles 2 or 3 mins between lightning flashes. On examining NW radar the main bulk passed the east coast in full force passed yarmouth and lowestoft. I would have been watching it out to sea if only I didn't have work :(