Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Mondy

Posted
Im no expert but it may be due to the fact the precip is so light and the air so dry, its not making it down to the surface.

Things will change within the next 24hrs or so. Don't be fooled by watching/reading various other snow threads.

There is quite a potent system leaving Spain, entering France then moving northwards quickly over the UK. By tomorrow evening/early Tues morning, it'll throw its weather front in our direction. That will mix with the cooler air we have currently and produce snow.

Patience

Posted
Ugh typical, narrow miss again hahaha. I was finding it weird that the radar was showing precip and yet the RH is only 62%

Looking at the radar it does look like the showers out in the North Sea are starting to pep up, which can only be a good sign for your location.

Things will change within the next 24hrs or so. Don't be fooled by watching/reading various other snow threads.

There is quite a potent system leaving Spain, entering France then moving northwards quickly over the UK. By tomorrow evening/early Tues morning, it'll throw its weather front in our direction. That will mix with the cooler air we have currently and produce snow.

Patience

Lets hope so,and as you say patience is required, prospects look good all week to me.

Edited by Mark H

Posted
Looking at the radar it does look like the showers out in the North Sea are starting to pep up, which can only be a good sign for tour location.
Yet again depends if they are going to make it to the ground unlike earlier.

Though I'm not really expecting any snow until late tomorrow in to tuesday.

Anything till then will be a cherry on top.

Posted

Showers now beginning to push across Scotland and not decaying that much. Come on, you can make it here snow! :help:

Posted

Snowing here lightly now with a reasonable sized shower about to move in :doh:

I'm waiting to see if some sort of streamer sets up, it has done before with this wind direction :D

post-26-1233543984_thumb.png

Posted
Well any snow Aberdeen was forecast by the Meto has been changed to rain. That's what happens with easterlies for us up here.
I'm fearing thats whats going to happen here, temps and dew points don't seem low enough for snow at the moment damnit!

I take it back, it's snowing outside.

Edited by sammie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

A good 5cm lying here this morning. -0.2 C with moderate snow showers passing over all the time.

Lovely.

Posted

It has just started snowing here and its settling. Nice big flakes as well :D