Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks (inc. Humberside)

butler_son

Posted
Very heavy snow shower here giving us a covering at last.

Im staying with this thread the SE/EA is too manic for me. I suppose Peterborough is part of E Midlands. :D

Thanks TEITS, your input here will be most gratefully appreciated :)

Will the wind direction stay like this throughout the duration of the night or will they change slightly as currently I have streams of showers going north and south, leaving the small strip in between with nothing?

Posted

Im staying with this thread the SE/EA is too manic for me. I suppose Peterborough is part of E Midlands. :)

A covering here now TEITS. What a night :D

Posted

Im staying with this thread the SE/EA is too manic for me. I suppose Peterborough is part of E Midlands. :)

I must say, lumping those regions together, especially with London, was very ambitious! They're nearly onto their 4th thread! I don't think any of us realised how popular your regional snow watch thread idea would be!

Posted

This looks interesting out in the north sea, might end that annoying gap i am in lol

http://www.sat24.com/

Thanks TEITS, your input here will be most gratefully appreciated

Will the wind direction stay like this throughout the duration of the night or will they change slightly as currently I have streams of showers going north and south, leaving the small strip in between with nothing?

So I'm not alone :)

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
This looks interesting out in the north sea, might end that annoying gap i am in lol

http://www.sat24.com/

So I'm not alone :doh:

Yes it looks like plugging that long line of a gap which also goes a long way out too sea as well.

Posted
East Riding of York, N Yorks and N.lincs going to take a big hit in the next few hours expect landfall (sounds like a hurricane :D ) around 10pm ish', it is developing as well :D

As you say TRL, fantastic scenes out there at the minute :doh:

I wonder if this will beat the last easter event :D 8cm that morning lol

Still snowing heavy.

Edited by TOMB RAIDER LEGEND

Posted
Yes it looks like plugging that long line of a gap which also goes a long way out too sea as well.

well get some r kid. dont fret. showers looked to have beefed up in the last hour.

Posted

I really hope im wrong but im starting to get slightly concerned re prospects for lying snow in Hull/Beverley area. Activity tonight looks to be in the form of showers which are not heavy at the moment .The main precipitation looks to be from the band tomorrow afternoon when this areas proximity to the mild sector may well mean we get a sleety mix.Will be lucky to get a decent covering at this rate.

Posted

Im staying with this thread the SE/EA is too manic for me. I suppose Peterborough is part of E Midlands. :D

I'm keeping to this thread too. Long time no see TEITS hope your keeping well! Fingers crossed for us to get a absolute dumping!!! :doh:

Posted

the blob in the north sea looks to be steaming into lincs and e yorks in a couple of hours, hopefully the convection will get going as it nears land.

Posted
Found this site from another thread, its the motoway cams from around the country

http://www.keepmoving.co.uk/home_jamcams.aspx#mapSection

Good site that Mark got a cam at J1 M18 at Bramley close by to me.... can see all up the M18 so will see some approaching snow hopefully

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons
I really hope im wrong but im starting to get slightly concerned re prospects for lying snow in Hull/Beverley area. Activity tonight looks to be in the form of showers which are not heavy at the moment .The main precipitation looks to be from the band tomorrow afternoon when this areas proximity to the mild sector may well mean we get a sleety mix.Will be lucky to get a decent covering at this rate.

Yes, I was thinking the same,

but it's coming down very hard just at the mo' in the strong wind.

I'll be racing to the window as soon as I wake up in the morning !

BL <_<

Posted

Does anyone think that the area of precip coming in off the north sea might extend into south Lincs????

Posted

Light to moderate snow has been falling here for the most part of the last 3 hours. Still adding to accumilations but much lighter than before say, 5pm. 5cm's even cover on grass and other favoured locations now, pavements and minor roads have a good few cm's too, perhaps approaching 3 now. Hoping for some intensification overnight as the problem isn't getting the showers (they have been so frequent it has seemed almost front-like) it's just they haven't be as heavy since dusk.

Posted
http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=g...r&type=loop

Better view of the impending landfall :D

you can see the sheffield no band really well on that. There is a darker blob right in the middle which has The Pits addy right on it! eta 1015!

Posted

As stated earlier, the flow has some what changed. The PRECIP (blob on the radar) just NEE of the Humber will not hit lincs, its heading directly west from east. Hull and east of east riding, NE lincs will be somewhat dry for the next few hours. With some more organised precipitation possibly hitting later. At the moment for people in hull and that area, dont be suprised to wake up to nothing!

Posted
As stated earlier, the flow has some what changed. The PRECIP (blob on the radar) just NEE of the Humber will not hit lincs, its heading directly west from east. Hull and east of east riding, NE lincs will be somewhat dry for the next few hours. With some more organised precipitation possibly hitting later. At the moment for people in hull and that area, dont be suprised to wake up to nothing!

That is just typical I really hope you are wrong, but deep down if Im honest I bet you will be right. Hoping for a covering by morning please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

To which direction has the flow changed HA?

WHat are the chances of some showers actually hitting Sheffield? ... and the more orgainsed band of ppn ou in the North Sea?

Posted

Just been watching BBC NEWS24, not a forecast, but a news bulletin regarding the weather. The BBC forecaster did a piece last a few minutes talking how the snow will become heavier, prolonged, and more widespread after midnight tonight, significant accumilations in the East - with the worst yet to come as the low pushes up from the SE tomorow.