Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks (inc. Humberside)

butler_son

Posted
We have had snow showers on and off all day, still nothing on the ground except a few grains, hoping for much more tonight and tomorrow. What would you say my chances are? Very suprised to hear off 2cm in Nottingham, well done to you.

Exactly the same here, light showers all day but no accumulations. Very frustrating as areas inland are doing well it seems.

With -12C 850hPa air you'd think proximity to the coast shouldnt be a problem, turns out not to be the case so far. Its still not cold enough yet.

Unless something happens we'll be lucky to get a covering, never mind centimeters of the stuff.

Posted

With 3-4cm's here things are turning very dicey, temperature well below freezing now and some minor roads have been temporarily closed. Not had a shower here for half hour or so but more packing in from the East now... are these likely to remain the same kind of frequeny overnight, or become more/less widespread?

Posted
With 3-4cm's here things are turning very dicey, temperature well below freezing now and some minor roads have been temporarily closed. Not had a shower here for half hour or so but more packing in from the East now... are these likely to remain the same kind of frequeny overnight, or become more/less widespread?

They will carry on intensifying, around 8-9PM they will push back off shore with them building up. They will be a trough pushing west from the N sea later tonight, bringing showers onshore again, heavy and prolonged, giving significant accumulations.

Posted

considering im practically on the coast, we are not doing to bad here, even though the Wolds are white here at sea level its building up painfully slowly, however we do have laying snow but just not enough to measure, so lets call it a semi dusting :D

LO

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well the lulls allowing the temps to plummet more short Snow showers on the way. car looks like someone's dropped icing sugar on it.

Posted
wasnt ment to be this much till 9pm, so this is good!

there isnt a cloud in the sky here just outside wakefield, stars are out, cold but nice evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Hope the roads round here have been gritted - it's all hills!

But it's done by estate company not the council so more likely it'll happen - but when I hit Lenton for a big down hill run we'll see!

Posted
Light snow starting to fall :D not expecting anything more than a dusting to a few cm's by morning

you serious? doncaster could see 10cm by morning, getting bigger and beefyer now with the showers in north sea

Posted
Well the lulls allowing the temps to plummet more short Snow showers on the way. car looks like someone's dropped icing sugar on it.

Yes PIT, this clear lull has allowed temps to drop to -2.7 oC in SE Sheffield. More showers do look to be on there way and packed closely together :D

It is around midnight when a trough is meant to move through that could bring more significant accumulations to us rather than a sugar dusting?

... and obviously the organised band moving through Monday evening and night.

Posted
I just had a look at the MO weather warnings page

and for Monday my area has gone back to just Green !

I'm surprised. :D

BL

I emailed the Met office and got a reply:

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for your email.

I can assure you that we are not playing around and have been working frantically in the run up to this severe weather event . There has been a technical issue with a particular computer system this morning which updates the early warnings and also flash messages on the website . This is why there was a delay it particularly effected the warning issued for the SE of England . I can only apologise for the delay in the information being processed . It is now fully updated following a rather hectic few hour in the office trying to sort the problem out. If you have any further concerns we also have dedicated phone advisors available to talk you through information on the weather 24/7 on the number below .

Kind Regards

Subject: Severe Weather Warnings

What are you guys playing about at??

First no warnings for SE then severe warnings, now no warnings for Monday

for bulk of England after ther had been a severe warning.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...ings.html?day=2

Your indecision could affect lives. Sort it out!!

Posted
Yes PIT, this clear lull has allowed temps to drop to -2.7 oC in SE Sheffield. More showers do look to be on there way and packed closely together :D

It is around midnight when a trough is meant to move through that could bring more significant accumulations to us rather than a sugar dusting?

yep and all snow falling not rain on monday night, could be some serious falls! sheffield could get 20cm and doncaster 15cm !

Posted
I emailed the Met office and got a reply:

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for your email.

I can assure you that we are not playing around and have been working frantically in the run up to this severe weather event . There has been a technical issue with a particular computer system this morning which updates the early warnings and also flash messages on the website . This is why there was a delay it particularly effected the warning issued for the SE of England . I can only apologise for the delay in the information being processed . It is now fully updated following a rather hectic few hour in the office trying to sort the problem out. If you have any further concerns we also have dedicated phone advisors available to talk you through information on the weather 24/7 on the number below .

Kind Regards

Subject: Severe Weather Warnings

What are you guys playing about at??

First no warnings for SE then severe warnings, now no warnings for Monday

for bulk of England after ther had been a severe warning.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...ings.html?day=2

Your indecision could affect lives. Sort it out!!

haha go you :D

Posted

Where about's are you Andy? Got -1.2c here. Fairly sheltered in the bottom here of Swall..

Posted
yep and all snow falling not rain on monday night, could be some serious falls! sheffield could get 20cm and doncaster 15cm !

This could be the time for us my friend !!! :D

Where about's are you Andy? Got -1.2c here. Fairly sheltered in the bottom here of Swall..

I'm at Intake, not far from the Manor Top. I'm approximately 200m asl so maybe that can cause that little bit of difference?

It is back upto 2.5 Degrees Celcius now as a shower cloud has started to move in.

Edited by Andy_Calafell_Sheffield

Posted
I'm at Intake, not far from the Manor Top. I'm approximately 200m asl so maybe that can cause that little bit of difference?

Oh yes ... Up in the gods there mate nearly..

Posted

Come on then guys, what are we expecting? Although i would love to think this is a major event on the cards my experience tells me to expect maybe a couple of centimetres over the next few days.

Posted
you serious? doncaster could see 10cm by morning, getting bigger and beefyer now with the showers in north sea

Yep, I can't see me getting more than 2-5cm by morning. Im expecting more than the sugar coating which i usually get however can't see my self getting anymore than 5cm!

Edited by mark bayley