Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks (inc. Humberside)

butler_son

Posted

Afternoon all

im back with an update, well currently we have really strong winds and driving snow almost blizzard like conditions here, its been a day of building tension as each shower has got longer and more intense. i have just come down from upstairs and was looking at the wolds through my binoculars and its white up there.

anyone who lives in my immediate area ie Conisholme, North Somercotes, Louth ect is getting a pasting at the mo, be nice to find out how you are fairing to my south and North

LO

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
There you go then eh Pit EVER the optimist 32 days into 2009 and its a rare event, we got some and some more to come by the looks of things, better tell my kids to enjoy the flakes as its not going to last long eh.

Snow just stopped again here .

Well that shower didn't did it and unless you've had tons of Snow this winter it has been a rare event has it not???

Posted

Very heavy snow showers now moving through with some very strong winds ,blizzard conditions at times. A heavy dusting which will soon start to accumulate into cm if the showers continue.

Posted
Another Shower going through right now. Settling on the grass and a little on the pavements.

You've never got settling snow PIT? :doh:

Posted
:rolleyes: A very heavy shower ..snow sticking to everything Dew point now - 5.1 !! :clap::yahoo::rofl: Edited by fatjohn

Posted
Early days but im starting to get frustrated with all the showers going around my area :rolleyes:

LOL, no sooner had you posted that and look what happens :yahoo::clap:

Posted
Hi folks,

To say there's weather warnings in most places I have not seen many gritters around. In fact I have not seen one today!

Anyone else?

Very suprised at that...

I would guess that with the £42m frozen in Icelandic bank accounts, Nottingham City Council can't afford to grit the roads! :yahoo:

Very quiet here, not seen so much as a flake for quite a bit. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
You've never got settling snow PIT? :wub:

Not like we used too can we go back in time please??? Come on admit it this years been naff. The only time it did start to settle in a promising way it turned to sleet and was gone in a hour.

Interesting how the temperature is -1C and it's melting on the pavements. Anyway that shower has gone and nice and chilly in the wind chill. -7C

Posted
I would guess that with the £42m frozen in Icelandic bank accounts, Nottingham City Council can't afford to grit the roads! :)

Very quiet here, not seen so much as a flake for quite a bit. :wub:

I don't think it will be long. I live north of Arnold and the sky is very dark to my east.

Although I know it's getting dark :)

Posted
Not like we used too can we go back in time please??? Come on admit it this years been naff. The only time it did start to settle in a promising way it turned to sleet and was gone in a hour.

Interesting how the temperature is -1C and it's melting on the pavements. Anyway that shower has gone and nice and chilly in the wind chill. -7C

True fact mate.. Wood side at Treeton used to get cut off regularly with snow drifts.. Last time that happened was 91..

Currently -0.2c here.. 81% humidity..

Posted

Very heavy snow shower passing through once again, everything has turned white now. Pavements, roads (albeit will probably melt on the road once this shower stops). 3-4cm's in favoured locations, grass etc. Some drifts too. Very cold, 0.7C.

Posted
Heavy snow shower and settling nicely :wallbash:

that shower is getting more intense as it moves closer to here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! settled?

Posted
that shower is getting more intense as it moves closer to here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! settled?

Now the sun has gone down snow will settle readily in most areas at all levels.

Posted

it didn't amount to much but it settled and it's hardly melting.

Posted

South East - Tonight and early hours

Accumulations: 15-25cm

East Anglia - Tonight and early hours

Yorkshire (Humberside/Lincs/East Midlands - Tonight and early hours

North Yorkshire/ North E England - Tonight and early hours

Accumulations: 5-10cm

My forecast/predictions

As we can all see snow showers have started to push in off the north sea and pentrate well inland. The same will continue tonight, but with a wider scale of heavy/prolonged snowfall possible. A trough will push off the north sea hitting the east coast. Areas South from around North yorkshire right the way down to London could see some fairly heavy falls of snow bringing significent accumulations in areas, typically although not exclusively to east yorkshrie - lincs - and the SE.

I expect the trough to hit these areas around 11-12PM tonight. With heavy snow showers merging together to give longer spells of snow from around about now.

Rang home and they have had a small covering, at my relatives in hull (Cottingham) we have had lots of heavy snow showers, not amounting to much. I dont think they can stick yet because of ground temps. This will soon change.

I made a map below to support my estimations.

post-4342-1233508306_thumb.png

Posted
Hi folks,

To say there's weather warnings in most places I have not seen many gritters around. In fact I have not seen one today!

Anyone else?

Very suprised at that...

funny you sould say that neither have we and i live on a busy coast road.

LO

Posted

My forecast/predictions

As we can all see snow showers have started to push in off the north sea and pentrate well inland. The same will continue tonight, but with a wider scale of heavy/prolonged snowfall possible. A trough will push off the north sea hitting the east coast. Areas South from around North yorkshire right the way down to London could see some fairly heavy falls of snow bringing significent accumulations in areas, typically although not exclusively to east yorkshrie - lincs - and the SE.

I expect the trough to hit these areas around 11-12PM tonight. With heavy snow showers merging together to give longer spells of snow from around about now.

Rang home and they have had a small covering, at my relatives in hull (Cottingham) we have had lots of heavy snow showers, not amounting to much. I dont think they can stick yet because of ground temps. This will soon change.

im expectin alot here now, the humber is intensifying the showers before they reach me so its amazing this !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

My forecast/predictions

Hope your right mate.Radar at the moment is poor. :wallbash: