Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks (inc. Humberside)

butler_son

Posted

Just wanted to say I haven't abandoned this thread as im keeping a close eye on things at the moment as I don't want to mislead anyone.

Shall be posting shortly after i've had my bacon butties. :angry:

Posted
I looked at the Meto one, a moderate intensity band with Nottingham's name on it was my opinion! Let's wait and see, eh? :(

Just started here so this must be it, the big one You will see it in about 2 minutes :)

Just wanted to say I haven't abandoned this thread as im keeping a close eye on things at the moment as I don't want to mislead anyone.

Shall be posting shortly after i've had my bacon butties. :)

Send one over. This model watching is hungry work :)

Posted

Persistant snow here for the last 10mins, sky a big orange in colour :D , looks like plenty more in the N.Sea, convection should get better over the next few hrs as well :D

Posted
Just started here so this must be it, the big one You will see it in about 2 minutes :D

Send one over. This model watching is hungry work :D

Cheers for the heads up! Nothing falling yet here, but clouds look very threatening! :)

EDIT: It is now snowing again - fine flakes, but still good enough!

Edited by butler_son

Posted
What did i tell ya :D i said lincs would get something soon. this is just the start for you guys in lincs

People around humberside/hull will be dissapointed come tomorrow morning

why?

Posted

Do i detect a streamer alert for YORKS & LINCS out in the N.Sea? Been watching this on the satelite loop for the last couple of hours, things MAY get interesting over the next couple of hours :D

Snow & wind pretty wild out there at the minute :D

Edited by Cal

Posted

and the conveyor belt continues, one shower after another. Proper big flakes now (snow grains earlier)

Posted

Ok an update, i have been studying the 19.30 sat image and i have put it up for all to see with a comment of what i think i make of it, would like some feed back to see if im on the right track.

LO

Posted
Ok an update, i have been studying the 19.30 sat image and i have put it up for all to see with a comment of what i think i make of it, would like some feed back to see if im on the right track.

LO

That looks very interesting and well spotted LO. I'm hoping this will affect both you and I, when would you expect it to arrive here?

Posted
That looks very interesting and well spotted LO. I'm hoping this will affect both you and I, when would you expect it to arrive here?

LOL seems to be streams of snow just slightly to the north and south of Sheffield, leaving me in no man's land.

I hope these are not the tracks that all of the showers will take over the course of the night.

Any thoughts on this?

Edited by Andy_Calafell_Sheffield

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
LOL seems to be streams of snow just slightly to the north and south of Sheffield, leaving me in now man's land.

I hope these are not the tracks that all of the showers will take over the course of the night.

Any thoughts on this?

Yup Sheffield shield in action in a line all the way to the coast. Looking it'll be dry for a while now. Just our luck that they've split like that. Just need a change in wind direction thats all.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

wow, i havent seen it snow like this for years. combined with the stuff blowing around off roofs etc its almost whiteout outside, so cool :mellow:

Posted

Well i seem to remember Dave (TEITS) saying we would be in the direct firing line today with the main action from around 11-12pm if im right, that Band coming out of holland (A) on the sat looks like it may make landfall around that time maybe a bit before, However ive noticed today percipitation dies mid north sea and reinvigerates as it approaches the coast and moves inland.

My guess would be that Dave has it spot on given a hour or so either way and by morning we could have quite a covering possibly 10-15cm.

sticking my neck out a little with that but we have to also say snow at your location and mine (been at sea level) could be less that on the wolds eg Louth area eastward.

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted

Nice spot - definately one to keep an eye out for.

Posted
Do i detect a streamer alert for YORKS & LINCS out in the N.Sea? Been watching this on the satelite loop for the last couple of hours, things MAY get interesting over the next couple of hours :)

Snow & wind pretty wild out there at the minute :)

Great scenes here now :) Hopefully lots more overnight.

Posted

East Riding of York, N Yorks and N.lincs going to take a big hit in the next few hours expect landfall (sounds like a hurricane :) ) around 10pm ish', it is developing as well :)

As you say TRL, fantastic scenes out there at the minute :)

Edited by Cal

Posted
Well i seem to remember Dave (TEITS) saying we would be in the direct firing line today with the main action from around 11-12pm if im right, that Band coming out of holland (A) on the sat looks like it may make landfall around that time maybe a bit before, However ive noticed today percipitation dies mid north sea and reinvigerates as it approaches the coast and moves inland.

My guess would be that Dave has it spot on given a hour or so either way and by morning we could have quite a covering possibly 10-15cm.

sticking my neck out a little with that but we have to also say snow at your location and mine (been at sea level) could be less that on the wolds eg Louth area eastward.

LO

I really hope you and Dave are right, about the depth thing, I don't really care i will happily settle for 1 to 2 cm. Fingers crossed, Good luck LO

Posted

Very heavy snow shower here giving us a covering at last.

Im staying with this thread the SE/EA is too manic for me. I suppose Peterborough is part of E Midlands. :)

Posted
Very heavy snow shower here giving us a covering at last.

Im staying with this thread the SE/EA is too manic for me. I suppose Peterborough is part of E Midlands. :)

A wise choice if you don't mind me saying. Perhaps you will bring lots of snow with you LOL :D