Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks (inc. Humberside)

butler_son

Posted

Here in Lincoln it stopped snowing about an hour and a half ago. We have a covering of snow that's not melting so it could still be here in the morning but really nowhere near as bad as was forecast.

Posted
Here in Lincoln it stopped snowing about an hour and a half ago. We have a covering of snow that's not melting so it could still be here in the morning but really nowhere near as bad as was forecast.

It's alot WORSE than was first forecast. Showers today were meant to be few and far between... it was only this morning we saw an upgrade. :cray:

The action really starts from midnight tonight onwards, and throughout tomorow.

Posted
It's alot WORSE than was first forecast. Showers today were meant to be few and far between... it was only this morning we saw an upgrade. :cray:

worse here also :D about 3cm here now and snowing moderatly we was forecast at most a dusting and there looks to be more coming tonight XD

Posted

Does this mean then that the showers will become heavier and more frequent after midnight then? Could you or anyone explain what a streamer is? Thanks GLS

Posted
Turning out to be quite a non event isn't it.

It is at the moment. I had been worried about driving to work in the morning but I just drove home and it's fine so hopefully not so bad at 7.30am. :)

Posted
Turning out to be quite a non event isn't it.

Perhaps your just unlucky mate. :):)

Perhaps a non-event for you so far, but in most parts of Central and Eastern England, snowfall amounts and frequency have exceeded expectations. Sunday was always forecast for scattered light snow snowers amounting to a dusting in places... it was not until this morning that the MetO upgraded their thoughts regarding todays snowfall, this was just a bonus leading into tommorow. :)

Posted
what is going off here in South Sheffield North Derbyshire we have had no snow for nearly 4 hours now :lol:

Its horrible isn't it, if it carries on like this i would be surprised to get more than a cm :D Its that god dam stupid annoying gap

The showers are expected to pep during the night so maybe our turn will come later :)

Posted

Hi all an update on the sat images as before i have put some notes of interest on them feel free to comment.

LO

forgot to say the first image was from earlier the second is the latest sure you all knew that LOL

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted

Fnally after answering numerous phone calls I can settle down to a bit of radar watching.

Overall nothing significant currently showing on the radar. There are a few blobs of heavy snow showers which are bringing a fairly decent covering in a short space of time as I found out earlier although nothing really prolonged at the moment.

For those in the E Midlands we could really do with seeing some more significant development off the N Norfolk coast although its still very early days.

Posted
3cm HERE ALREADY WOOOOOOOOOOO JUST HAD A STREAMER :)

Me thick: what IS a streamer - seen it said loads of times?!!

Posted
Hi all an update on the sat images as before i have put some notes of interest on them feel free to comment.

LO

An interesting update LO. I could really do with a bit of snow, struggling at the minute. Does this cloud have any chance of hitting us and producing snow, a cm will do Im not greedy!!!

Posted
Fnally after answering numerous phone calls I can settle down to a bit of radar watching.

Overall nothing significant currently showing on the radar. There are a few blobs of heavy snow showers which are bringing a fairly decent covering in a short space of time as I found out earlier although nothing really prolonged at the moment.

For those in the E Midlands we could really do with seeing some more significant development off the N Norfolk coast although its still very early days.

These showers will intensify and become much more widespread overnight, look for some significant developements on the radar from around midnight onwards. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Its horrible isn't it, if it carries on like this i would be surprised to get more than a cm :) Its that god dam stupid annoying gap

The showers are expected to pep during the night so maybe our turn will come later :lol:

Exactly but it's strange how it always seems to be our areas that miss out usually with the showers :D

Posted
Its horrible isn't it, if it carries on like this i would be surprised to get more than a cm :D Its that god dam stupid annoying gap

The showers are expected to pep during the night so maybe our turn will come later :)

Mark be patient. You are in line for an absolute pasting over the next 24 hours. Chill, literally. :lol:

Posted
Exactly but it's strange how it always seems to be our areas that miss out usually with the showers :)

You could say its sods law. Before I moved here from Wakefield my Inlaws in Cleethorpes got snow when we didn't. Guess what having moved here Wakefield gets more snow. It is very annoying

Posted
These showers will intensify and become much more widespread overnight, look for some significant developements on the radar from around midnight onwards. :D

Hi PL sorry about our little disagreement the other day hope we can both put that behind us now we both look set to get what we want, i.e. some snowfall. After midnight you say til the next batch- should I try and get some sleep in now? :lol:

Posted
Me thick: what IS a streamer - seen it said loads of times?!!

basicly its a constant feed of showers that travel in a steam line, so locations in the line get more porlonged snow. :lol: