Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks (inc. Humberside)

butler_son

Posted
Are you staying up all night tomorrow then if the snow arrives? :D

hehe maybe, but i wanna play in it on monday so might go bed at 2am, surf hasnt been good lately so i might take mi old board to the hills haha :D:D:D

im sooooo unsure about the mild sector, ecm has been consistant but gfs hasnt, bbc arnt saying it for sure still so we have good chance of seeing alot!

Posted
Many thanks .. most of us celebrated the demise of

'Humberside' back in 1996.

I've had two falls and settlings of snow so far this winter.

Today it's blue sky and 4º C but nithering in the strong wind now.

Looking forward to seeing what the next few days deliver.

Cheers,

BL. :D

Even now we still get post with "North Humberside" on, it drives my other half mad :D

We were extremely unlucky for snow here, when Beverley we had those two days of snow falling in early December we had just had a wintry mix. It was extremely marginal and our closer proximity to water and being at sea level meant it didnt go our way.

At least for 24 hours or so this time, 'marginal' shouldnt be a word that appears.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Yes, my husband works in Kingston upon Hull,

and we're often comparing weather over just that

c.15 mile difference from home.

I'm sure we'll be disappointed if it turns to sleet/rain

as soon as the next day.

We'll see.

Thanks for the ongoing analysis you more knowledgeable

folks. :)

BL.

Posted
Even now we still get post with "North Humberside" on, it drives my other half mad :)

We were extremely unlucky for snow here, when Beverley we had those two days of snow falling in early December we had just had a wintry mix. It was extremely marginal and our closer proximity to water and being at sea level meant it didnt go our way.

At least for 24 hours or so this time, 'marginal' shouldnt be a word that appears.

I remember my Uncle telling me about when they moved the Dorset border in 1974 to accomodate Bournemouth and Christchurch from Hampshire (I live down that way permanently, but am spending more time in Nottingham due to uni). He had a house in Bournemouth and would often write to the Royal Mail when they sent him correspondance with reference to Bournemouth being in Dorset, saying "I bought a house in Hampshire. If I wanted a house in Dorset, I would have bought a house in Dorset!"

I hope it won't be marginal - GFS has been more wobbly than your average drunk driver! I'm hoping that I can bring some good news with the Euros this evening! :)

Posted
Even now we still get post with "North Humberside" on, it drives my other half mad :)

Indeed ,Hull is certainly not the best place to be if you are a snow lover.This is increasingly looking like a 24 hour event for the unfavoured locations due to the mild sector encroaching.I think there will be wide variations in snowfall totals depending on location.Good Luck to everyone and lets hope we all see some snow .

Posted
I remember my Uncle telling me about when they moved the Dorset border in 1974 to accomodate Bournemouth and Christchurch from Hampshire (I live down that way permanently, but am spending more time in Nottingham due to uni). He had a house in Bournemouth and would often write to the Royal Mail when they sent him correspondance with reference to Bournemouth being in Dorset, saying "I bought a house in Hampshire. If I wanted a house in Dorset, I would have bought a house in Dorset!"

I hope it won't be marginal - GFS has been more wobbly than your average drunk driver! I'm hoping that I can bring some good news with the Euros this evening! :)

the ecm keeps the 0c uppers out to sea, consistantly been showing this for past day or so, gfs still isnt sure with its self!

Posted
the ecm keeps the 0c uppers out to sea, consistantly been showing this for past day or so, gfs still isnt sure with its self!

Absolutely right - like I say, it's all over the shop. The ECM has been very consistent, and I almost expect another solid output from it tonight. The UKMO should be interesting too.

Wanna see the GEFS ensembles, I bet it's on it's own with the mild sector positioning.

Posted
Absolutely right - like I say, it's all over the shop. The ECM has been very consistent, and I almost expect another solid output from it tonight. The UKMO should be interesting too.

Wanna see the GEFS ensembles, I bet it's on it's own with the mild sector positioning.

Lets hope we get a really good ukmo and ecm this evening :)

Posted

remember 2005, it wasnt even ment to snow much at all and i had a covering of snow of 5cm that lasted 48 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it had less prospects than this easterly.

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted

I shall be making a detailed post after 7pm this evening looking at the prospects for sunday night.

Those who live in E Yorks,Lincs,Humber could well be the main zone as I shall explain later. :)

Posted
I shall be making a detailed post after 7pm this evening looking at the prospects for sunday night.

Those who live in E Yorks,Lincs,Humber could well be the main zone as I shall explain later. :)

Thank you thank you THANK YOU! :)

I've not looked at the Precip charts for the 12z, but the 6z ones always had the heavier stuff over our region or the Thames!

Posted

doncaster us near the east yorks border, we always get alot from these setups, the breeze here is so notable, trees keep wobblein constantly, i recon ecm will be right :)

Posted
Just bought 2 plastic sledges. Shop had nearly sold out.

gobby

im using mi old surf board wooooooooooop

Posted

Those who live in E Yorks,Lincs,Humber could well be the main zone as I shall explain later. :D

Heheheheheeh, might not say West Yorkshire but my location will more than likely see the same amount as East Yorkshire, Yorkshire really is the capital of snow (excluding Scotland :doh: )

Edited by 10123

Posted
Heheheheheeh, might not say West Yorkshire but my location will more than likely see the same amount as East Yorkshire, Yorkshire really is the capital of snow (excluding Scotland :doh: )

My geography is very poor at times.

Basically anyone who is to the E of the Peninnes has a great chance of snow tomorrow night.

Posted
My geography is very poor at times.

Basically anyone who is to the E of the Peninnes has a great chance of snow tomorrow night.

Feel good after reading that Dave :doh:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Amusing local forecast tonight. Snow all day settling inland. Followed by the national forecast odd flurry. Completely different.

Posted

mmmmmm I'm in the Pennines! Already had half a dozen snow events this winter, but still looking forward to this set up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
mmmmmm I'm in the Pennines! Already had half a dozen snow events this winter, but still looking forward to this set up.

Yeh helps to have a bit of height. No real snow events here at this level so far this winter. Amazing considering two months below average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Yep, not far away from me, just over the hill! :doh:

Really hoping that we're going to get a decent covering from this. Got my sledge ready! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm not sure whether I belong in here or the Midlands thread hehe, I live in the most central City in England though, or that could be Coventry... Either way Leicester is pretty much as Central as you can get :lol:

According to the BBC though we class as the East Midlands, funny thing is though.. On our tele in the living room we get East Midlands Today and in the back room we get West Midlands Today :lol:

Anyway enough of the geographic talk... What we are here for is the SNOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

And from the Netweather NMM Mesoscale model (T+0 to T+54 hrs).

Here's Monday morning at 8am:

850's:

post-94-1233426004_thumb.png

Surface temps:

post-94-1233426043_thumb.png

Height of 0c isotherm:

post-94-1233425998_thumb.png

Precip:

post-94-1233426021_thumb.png

And of course, snow risk:

post-94-1233426036_thumb.png

Looks very good indeed for our area!

Posted
I'm not sure whether I belong in here or the Midlands thread hehe, I live in the most central City in England though, or that could be Coventry... Either way Leicester is pretty much as Central as you can get :lol:

According to the BBC though we class as the East Midlands, funny thing is though.. On our tele in the living room we get East Midlands Today and in the back room we get West Midlands Today :lol:

Anyway enough of the geographic talk... What we are here for is the SNOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

A friend of mine here at uni who is from Leicester has that issue as well! He says that it's because of the way his aerial is pointing that he receives West Mids in Leicester! :lol: Anyway - Leicester is in the East Mids region, so you'd better post in this! :lol: