Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks (inc. Humberside)

butler_son

Posted
still gunna change!

GFS will hold true at this range... despite the fact its been unreliable this winter, at this sort of range it will always be favoured. I would be surprised if it backtracked tommorow. Perhaps a middleground will be found between the GFS and ECM... but if not, I would only be backing one outcome.

Edited by Polar Low

Posted
GFS will hold true at this range... despite the fact its been unreliable this winter, at this rate it will always be favoured. I would be surprised if it backtracked tommorow. Perhaps a middleground will be found between the GFS and ECM... but if not, I would only be backing one outcome.

yeah ive got a feeling the gfs will be right about this but hopefully it won't be.

Posted
yeah ive got a feeling the gfs will be right about this but hopefully it won't be.

well 2005 it did backtrack! within 24hours

Posted
Where`s Humberside????

I used Humberside as a general term that was encompassed by the Humberside Police Force. I have already apologised for this, as I seem to be in most eyes an "ignorant south-westerner." It's just seemed a convenient term for NE Lincs and the area around Hull. Obviously not, in some eyes...

By the way - Nottingham appears to be a complete rip off on a Saturday night. Don't go there!

Edited by butler_son

Posted
Sorry for the delay and lack of detail.

Here are my current thoughts for Sunday into Monday afternoon.

post-1766-1233436435_thumb.jpg

Just realised I missed E Midlands but these fit under 5-10cm category.

Thanks very much for giving us your analysis on the situation! :lol: 10cm is more than I'd ever remember from my childhood (though I have vague recollections of a decent snowfall in Eastbourne when I was young - moved there at 5 months in 1989, left in Dec 1996, think it would be towards the latter end for my memory! :fool: ) so I'm quite happy with this. Although it might not last, I do need to get to lectures and people need there workplaces. But if the ECM comes off - that's great by me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

...... please oh dear god change the title.. idk if anyone else has mentioned it, but that is blasphemy.

E Yorkshire and Lincolnshire will suffice.... jesus christ Humberside was removed from the map over 12 years ago and still we are constantly reminded whenever we fill an application form online. Grimsby is in Lincolnshire, Hull is in Yorkshire. How can someone get confused which area they area in! Please remove that god damn word. >.<

And PS. Yes I know the 'Authority' I am in is North East Lincolnshire, but the county is Lincolnshire *points to the third word*.

Edited by rikki

Posted
...... please oh dear god change the title.. idk if anyone else has mentioned it, but that is blasphemy.

E Yorkshire and Lincolnshire will suffice.... jesus christ Humberside was removed from the map over 12 years ago and still we are constantly reminded whenever we fill an application form online. Grimsby is in Lincolnshire, Hull is in Yorkshire. How can someone get confused which area they area in! Please remove that god damn word. >.<

And PS. Yes I know the 'Authority' I am in is North East Lincolnshire, but the county is Lincolnshire *points to the third word*.

Got to disagree with you. I rather like Humberside. I used to live there too!

Posted

Hopefully by this time tomorrow there will be a lot of happy people in this thread :)

BRING ON THE SNOW :)

Edited by TOMB RAIDER LEGEND

Posted

Well, we've had some very small grains of snow just now - hardly perceptable but was able to spot them landing on the conservatory.

Well - it's a start!! :)

gobby

Posted
Anyone any idea what time sheffield may see so snow arrive.Thanks :)

looking at the models i reckon between 3 and 6 pm........enjoy !!

Regards

Posted

Could be a lot earlier

Snow coming into East Anglia very soon

gobby :)

Edited by gobbyash

Posted
Could be a lot earlier

Snow coming into East Anglia very soon

gobby :)

Morning gobby

Cannot seem to get your link to work?

Regards,

Posted

If you go to the 5 minute radar, click EURO and precipitation type it looks like a WALL OF SNOW - otherwise the Met Office website shows it appearing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder
Well, we've had some very small grains of snow just now - hardly perceptable but was able to spot them landing on the conservatory.

Well - it's a start!! :)

gobby

Second that, just been outside to reposition thermom and seen sparingest amounts of snow grains falling on car bonnet,

proves the lowers are set so the clock is ticking :)

Posted
If you go to the 5 minute radar, click EURO and precipitation type it looks like a WALL OF SNOW - otherwise the Met Office website shows it appearing.

Hi again,

Gotcha now , the problem was supscription had run out !!!

yup can see what you mean now , looks like it is in advance of the models

interesting few hours ahead !! :)

Kind regards

Posted
Hi again,

Gotcha now , the problem was supscription had run out !!!

yup can see what you mean now , looks like it is in advance of the models

interesting few hours ahead !! :)

Kind regards

I haven't got the nw radar yet :w00t: I always check this radar :)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted
I haven't got the nw radar yet :) I always check this radar :)

Morning all

im Near Donna Nook and looking at that radar some percipitation has popped up just of the coast in the last hour but beyond looks fairly clear at this time.

LO

Posted
I haven't got the nw radar yet :good: I always check this radar :D

Looking good, what do you thing of my chances over the next few days?

Posted
Morning all

im Near Donna Nook and looking at that radar some percipitation has popped up just of the coast in the last hour but beyond looks fairly clear at this time.

LO

Hopefully on the next gfs run the mild sector will get pushed further east again.

Posted

I'm in Lincoln and need to go out around 4pm and won't get home until almost 8 - do you think lying snow is likely then?

What about 7.30 tomorrow morning? That's what I'm most worried about - getting to work tomorrow. Absolutely love the snow but hate to drive in it despite living in North Scotland for a few years.

Posted
Hopefully on the next gfs run the mild sector will get pushed further east again.

Lets hope...on the radar looks like the percipitation has split with one lot about to move up the Humber and the other about to move in from Mablethorpe southwards to scunny, i would expect some snow reports from any of these places in the next 15-20 mins.

Also it seems that percipitation is building on the wolds out of nothing and tracking east

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted
Anyone any idea what time sheffield may see so snow arrive.Thanks :good:

Hi SWFC, I think the light snow flurries will arive here in Sheffield at about 4pm and the heavier showers will start to really move in around midnight.

Although we are not the real East, I still think we could do pretty well out of this as the showers tend to stall over us due to the pennines to the west. Adding to that, we are rather a hilly city, especially areas in the west, such as Dore, but even some more urban areas, for example, I live up round the Manor Top which is about 200m (Eastbank Road tops out at about 215m asl too).

Hopefully the main event will come Monday night for us from the organised band of PPN. We should have a little room for manouevre here as if the GFS predicts correctly then we should be ok, especially with our altitude but if the UKMO is correct then we are far enough East not to worry about missing the PPN altogether.

If I were to stick my neck out, I would have to say we should recieve at at least 10cm between Sunday night and Tuesday morning :D

I hope that helps!