Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks (inc. Humberside)

butler_son

Posted
Slight snow falling here in Alfreton Area.

Just got my live webcam streaming for anyone to view http://217.155.179.222:8080/home.html

Chris

Can you go and wave at your streaming camera?? lol

30 to 40 cms on Pennines. I would suggest 30cms for North York Moors and maybe 20 for The Wolds.

gobby

Posted
OMG COUNTRY FILE FORECAST, DOES NOT TURN BACK TO RAIN, ONLY ON COAST, WARM SECTOR STAYS ON COAST WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP MORE SNOW ON WED THURS AND FRIDAY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH im goin mad here lol :):D:):D:D

I missed it :rolleyes: Getting very dark here now :D

Posted

Just had a heavy burst of snow grains, melted on the paths however its sticking on the cars and grass ect.. Hopfully when the proper snow showers come later i should have a dusting by the end if the day perhaps :rolleyes:

Posted
Just had a heavy burst of snow grains, melted on the paths however its sticking on the cars and grass ect.. Hopfully when the proper snow showers come later i should have a dusting by the end if the day perhaps :D

you'll be snowed in by tomorrow mate :rolleyes:

Posted
you'll be snowed in by tomorrow mate :rolleyes:

I wish :D

I'm expecting a covering by morning, not enough to cancel school unfortunately. Perhaps Tuesday morning though after the possible heavy snow overnight Monday :)

Showers really starting to get going on the NW radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Snow flurries falling here now, skies really dark to my East and it looks like I have a steady stream of showers coming towards me! I didn't realise it was going to start THIS early!" I thought maybe 3-4pm at the earliest, this is FANASTIC :D

Posted
You had snow?

I'm just outside Lincoln (Scampton) and we've had nowt, nada, nothing.

3.5C and sunny.

About 16 miles southwest of Lincoln here and snow showers have been packing in over the last few hours... albeit mostly light in nature. Another one just beginning now. Remember though, convection will pickup from early afternoon onwards so the radar is likely to look very interesting within an hour or two.

Posted

light to moderate snow falling in leicester didn't expect this for another 4-5 hours but i'm not complaining :D on the radar a steady stream of showers are heading my way ahah hope it settles temp 0.8c

Posted

East Midlands warning from midnight tonight, righout through to Tuesday evening:

There is a High Risk of a Severe Weather event affecting much of England, Wales and eastern Scotland during Monday and Tuesday. Periods of snow will continue to extend northwestwards through Monday, with heavy falls likely in places. Although marked variations will occur from place to place, 5-10cm is likely in many areas with as much as 20-30cm possible, especially over higher ground. Drifting will occur in fresh to strong easterly winds. This could cause disruption to travel networks, especially across higher level routes.

During Tuesday, snow may turn to rain from the east at lower levels.

Posted

To every one tha thas helped me re- when it will snow, thanks, got back into the warm at around 11.30 ish to look up over my mug of coffee and see it ---SNOW its chucking it down and has been since 11.45 and we dont get TRENT STREAMERS here although I am on the bank, north side of Barton, a place called Beeston Rylands. Ground is covered and its not bed feather type its what I call drizzle but absolutely pasting it down

Posted
You had snow?

I'm just outside Lincoln (Scampton) and we've had nowt, nada, nothing.

3.5C and sunny.

Well we had a few brief showers of snow grains to be exact. :)

Bright and sunny now here too - opposite end of the city to you - Bracebridge Heath

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

A few snowflakes blowing in the wind since 12:15. Temp 1.5c Dew point -3.4c Wind 9.6 mph ENE and a wind chill of -5.4c

If I can just get these last few tax returns done it is so tempting to get booked in to hotel later today for the next 4 nights in or around Castleton in the peak district

Edited by jimben

Posted
Chris

Can you go and wave at your streaming camera?? lol

30 to 40 cms on Pennines. I would suggest 30cms for North York Moors and maybe 20 for The Wolds.

gobby

No Chris yet... but LIVE snowflakes visible!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Light snow falling for the past half hour, the merest vestige of a white covering on bare, frozen ground.

Posted

want radar image for you guys now? showers getting heavier and beefier already!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Heaviest shower of the day just started here, looking at the radar it could be rather prolonged. <_<

Sticking to all surfaces readily, now.