Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Ireland

Posted

I'm really loving this cold spell. We have got 4 days of lying snow now and theres been hardly any thaw at all. Can't see it thawing much tomorrow either!! Dice if you want a day in the snow head to the coleraine mountain. B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Best of Luck to you all, hope you enjoy some decent falls of snow. We will be watching to see how things progress, maybe just maybe you might send us some snow :yahoo:

Posted
Good Luck for tonight guys !

Us fellow Celts are watching with baited breath !

Cheers Dexter!

It's very quiet on here tonight!

............ :yahoo: ..................(notices snow covered tumble weed)

I was at my in-laws today just up in the hills above Ballyclare and they had about 3-4 inches of snow. So I did the dutiful thing and had a snowball fight, built a snowman and made the obligatory snow angel!

I haven't had a much fun in snow as when I was a wee yap!

Uploading seems a problem tonight so I will get the photos on later!

Radar just picked up the band of rain approaches the fringes of the south west.

Best of Luck to you all, hope you enjoy some decent falls of snow. We will be watching to see how things progress, maybe just maybe you might send us some snow :crazy:

If there is enough to make a snowball with, I'll chuck it in your direction! :lol:

Posted

Had great fun today as well. Went and bought 6 big rubber rings and headed up to the hills behind Derry. I felt like a 10 year old again. Hoping to go and do the same in the morning again but it just depends if theres any more snow falling in the morning as if there is theres no way we could drive up there, it was treachorous today!!

Posted

I can't see what anyone is complainin about. Okay sea level snow not lying but about 10mins away you can get all the snow you want and been like that for last week.

As for tommorow snow - Top-up for mountains an 1inch or 2 as for sea level areas no chance of settling! The snow will fall but melt straight away.

Been great though this cold snap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

To be honest, I think lying snow is definitely possible, the minimas are below freezing tonight so surface temps during the morning will be pretty cold, and with cloud cover the sun will not get a chance to heat things up, nor will the cold escape. Thus snow already falling onto frozen surfaces will lye overnight or during the morning at most levels. The reason I don't think the East will be ruled out is because the band is moving West to East and therefore does not come directly from a Seatrack for us. Also the wind has an effect in wether snow will lye at Sea Level in the East, on this occasion winds are light SE to begin with so SST's have minimum to Nil effect.

I don't know about you guys but Iam in the minuses tonight, the rain/sleet and snow is to approach during the early hours....so I don't really expect temperatures to get above 0c until the sun comes up, and even then it will be behind cloud cover, so temperatures will take that little longer to climb.

Posted
To be honest, I think lying snow is definitely possible, the minimas are below freezing tonight so surface temps during the morning will be pretty cold, and with cloud cover the sun will not get a chance to heat things up, nor will the cold escape. Thus snow already falling onto frozen surfaces will lye overnight or during the morning at most levels. The reason I don't think the East will be ruled out is because the band is moving West to East and therefore does not come directly from a Seatrack for us. Also the wind has an effect in wether snow will lye at Sea Level in the East, on this occasion winds are light SE to begin with so SST's have minimum to Nil effect.

I don't know about you guys but Iam in the minuses tonight, the rain/sleet and snow is to approach during the early hours....so I don't really expect temperatures to get above 0c until the sun comes up, and even then it will be behind cloud cover, so temperatures will take that little longer to climb.

Well I hope your right cause I have to go to a christening in Bangor tomorrow at 12pm lol :wacko: I don't have a choice in stayin in east antrim :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

haha, if you see a long haired rocker dude with a beanie hat and goatey that'll be me :winky: .

Though most likely I will not be out of bed until afternoon, unless it snows damn good and doesn't melt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Anyone reporting snow yet?

Posted

i hope so ! what temperatures are they in the west coast and what are the north western upper temperatures

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

whats the crack in Ireland atm then ? the radar is lookin good for you now.. it rain or snow ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

heavy snow falling here, last half hour, a good covering on the ground. outside temp -0.9c dew point -1.4c :):diablo:

Posted
snow really piling down now, a couple of cms so far. :):)

Just stopping now in South Kilkenny. 2-3cms I would guess. Looks great outside, but nothing special :) We are being spoilt this winter :p

Just noticed that Met Eireann updated the forecast earlier this morning regarding the south coast low much talked about over on the Model discussion thread.

Tomorrow will begin cold, dry and bright in most areas but a band of heavy rain and strengthening easterly winds will spread from the south as the day progresses and there is a high risk that this will fall as sleet and snow in some places away from the south coast. Highest temperatures 2 to 5 degrees.

Nice one :diablo:

Edited by Kilkenny Boy

Posted

when will the snow reach the limavady area? I really think its going to lie because the temperature is around -2c with a hard frost. could anyone tell me how heavy this band is and how long will it last?

Posted
when will the snow reach the limavady area? I really think its going to lie because the temperature is around -2c with a hard frost. could anyone tell me how heavy this band is and how long will it last?

You should be seeing some light precipitation soon but the main band won't hit you for maybe an hour or so. :diablo:

Posted

how heavy is the snow coming up to limavady and when should it reach us . cus i think its gonna lie here at -2c.how long do you think itll last?

Edited by dice48