Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
How is this possible :blush: :lol:

Pleased for you, really I am, but Crikey I am stumped, have not seen a proper Flake, COME ON GOD DAMMIT :D

Still got those nasty pesky Snow Grain Polystyrene Thingermejigs

You near marine or grand parade Paul?

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
Guys and girls yet another blizzard here in surrey if you want to keep up to date lbc 97.3 is doing a snow special with reports in and out off london

LLWA, sorry for not responding to your pm. Too excited with the massive snow events. We now have 3 ins :blush: I am still expecting 7 ins+ tomorrow especially after the heavier snow later in the morning :lol: :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I just went to check the beeb's Essex schools closure page and is down, so I went to report the broken link...and their form to submit it is down too!

Posted
Took these pics about half hour ago, have had light snow for most of the evening.

post-5805-1233527272_thumb.jpg

post-5805-1233527285_thumb.jpg

That looks like somewhere in Sible Hedingham? You must be very near me. Looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow at Westmead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Pleased for you, really I am, but Crikey I am stumped, have not seen a proper Flake, COME ON GOD DAMMIT :D

I cannot understand it either, I will scoop some up and store it in my freezer and send it to you tomorrow if I make it into work (work at TNT lol).

Spoke with a friend who lives on the cliffs in Southend and he had some earlier but not a lot.

Posted

Another blizzard here at the moment. If it stoped i would be happy but this is only the begining also power outages not far reported from lbc 97.3

Posted
M11 out of London coming north was very white and heavily snowing. At Harlow a gritter had the blade down. In the other direction (south) there was a blower on its way down!!. Road conditions bad on the south side of the M25 on the M11.

Wrotham M20 down to one lane :blush:

post-8172-1233529295_thumb.jpg

Posted
I asked you this earlier lol, but let you off as the threads are moving so quickly. I am just off of whitmore way, quite high up I can see into town centre, and when we get a big blizzard the lights of town dissapear.

sorry about that lol must of missed it, Im in Burntmills, starting to snow heavy again now...going to be atleast 6-8 inches by the morning :blush:

Posted
Another blizzard here at the moment. If it stoped i would be happy but this is only the begining also power outages not far reported from lbc 97.3

Listening now, thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Maybe mother nature has seen your sig and thinks you have had enough bad weather to last a lifetime.

Though I understand if your kids are gonna be upset, mine are in bed now but watching the snow. It sounds like that there is snow not far from you so if the worst comes to the worst you might be able to drive them somewhere.....though that depends on the roads tomorrow of course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything
oohhh nasty.. how old is he? cus if he's a teenager i bet he didnt give damn went straight outside in his shorts and gave u a pasting back..

yep teen but i was blocking the stairs and his shoes were downstairs! He might get his own back in the morning though

All stopped here again now for a bit.

Posted

here in sutton ( about ten mins drive from banstead & 20 epsom downs) it just gets better and better................................ started just ater 6 pm and i say we are up to at least 4 inches now............... to thinkwe have a frontal system to come

one word for those communting to work (chaos) ...... glad im off tomorrow /tuesday

i have waited since feb 91 for this and the rolercoaster ride the GFS has taken us on finally we have a snow event !!!

Posted

The ball point pen I planted in the snow 3 hrs ago has now completely dissapeared so thats 6inches so far with heavy snow showing no sign of relenting. I cannot imagine how all those 20 and 30 yr old southern drivers will fair in this tomorrow most will never of driven in these conditions :unsure:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Amazing the difference 10 miles makes, only 2cm here so far, but the North Downs to my north are getting close to 15cm already. Got big 50p flakes falling now so may make more than 5cm by the end of the night lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
sorry about that lol must of missed it, Im in Burntmills, starting to snow heavy again now...going to be atleast 6-8 inches by the morning :unsure:

I work near Burntmills (Hovefields) looks like may have trouble getting there tomorrow evening for my shift, as its a mare trying to get out of our turning when it snows - not that I have had that problem for a few years!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Very heavy Snow-

1cm in 15 mins-

& :o :o

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn17417.png

i know wrong thread but!!!!!

S

If that comes off will this winter class as one of the greats? Got to be the best of the century so far at least.

Still chucking it down here... :unsure:

Posted
Near the Cliffs,

How much you got in Rochford ??

Id say about 3-4 cms on cars, bins etc, slight covering on road too

Posted
Amazing the difference 10 miles makes, only 2cm here so far, but the North Downs to my north are getting close to 15cm already. Got big 50p flakes falling now so may make more than 5cm by the end of the night lol!

Awww Thats what I want to see not these Polystyrene things!

In answer the the other member yes I suppose this is Mother Natures way of telling me you wont see anything severe until May. Although I have seen more Snow in Amarillo on the 3rd of May than I Have seen today.

Lets hope the people with 15cm get more tomorrow as I Would like to see how much can actually amount up by next weekend assuming the rain stays away tomorrow that is

Paul S