Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Its been snowing since sundown here at varying rates from light to very heavy - currently very heavy. Must be a couple of inches at least so far and showing no sign of let up.

I thought the Thames Streamer was a south of the river affair but that has certainly not been the case for my neck of the woods.

God knows how much I'll wake up too if it continues like this all night - would be nice if the transport system ginds to a halt to give me a day off but I remeber that during all the other major snow events in last 22 years the Central Line works BETTER than usual !! So no excuses for me.

Posted
Just seen the latest bbc forcast on news 24... (could tell cus he started the report viewing the situ at 3am) and no graphic showing rain anywhere in the country for whole of monday and tues... only sleet at sea. so warm sector that everybody seems to be panicking about.. has buggerd off!!

yeah lastest 18z gfs keeps the warm sector well at bay so only far eastern kent coast will have sleet come afternoon!!

Posted
Very heavy Snow-

1cm in 15 mins-

& :whistling::wallbash:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn17417.png

i know wrong thread but!!!!!

S

Yep it is FI but still. Those temps are due to there being a snow event in the region at T90-T114 and then a ridge of high pressure building in and temps falling to -11C on the snowfields.

Going by the 18z, some parts of Central Southern England, East Midlands and East Anglia could have almost 30cms of snow on Thursday night into Friday and this is no ramp, it is what is showing on the 18z.

Regards, hgb

Edited by high ground birmingham

Posted
More ?? :wallbash::wallbash: :lol:

I must be on the same wind direction as Poppy in Wakering as she has Sugar Grains as well

Poor old Nick S is waiting for me too report a Proper Flake before he can go to bed and he is 1 hour ahead of us :lol:

Your wish for snow shall be granted :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Have a little less than Steve has here in Lee SE12, due to the Shooters Hill rain shadow effect, or should that be snow shadow. :whistling:

Next couple of hours should see some nice increases in depths around the Estuary and quite a few other places.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
i've noticed i tend to cop the snow about 10 mins after you get it! belting it down again now. i think the showers are starting to get more intense again after the lull around 9pm. this is the most snow i've seen in london in the ten years i've been here - we've 3 inches now, i think.

Theres a huge crop of them coming right along the thames now into our area.. could last a couple of hours of the heavy stuff... wonder what totals that will make it upto now??

Posted
But it's stopped!!!

Any more on the way?

Plenty, but there will be some gaps though!!!

post-631-1233528109_thumb.jpg

post-631-1233528180_thumb.jpg

post-631-1233528229_thumb.jpg

omg, almost a whiteout at the moment!!!

post-631-1233528942_thumb.jpg

Edited by spayne

Posted

We've had another pasting here! There's an absolute load to come too it's absolutely pouring in!

And as if things couldn't get any better, check out the 18z run out to 96hrs! This has got to be the best run I've ever seen! :whistling:

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

Guys and girls yet another blizzard here in surrey if you want to keep up to date lbc 97.3 is doing a snow special with reports in and out off london

Posted

Everybody check out the gfs charts. They are some of the snowiest I've ever seen. Stunning. Out to t384 there is an epic succession of northerlies, northeasterlies and easterlies. -5s and -10s with the country blanketed with ppn. At one point the ppn charts are purple under -8 - -10 uppers country wide. I know its FI but its beautiful.

here we are managing to thread a needle between snow showers at the moment. But we have more than an inch and hopefully more will hit soon.

Posted
Really?????? thank god!! i was startin 2 get a bit depressed!! will stay up a few more hours then :yahoo:

lol me to was thinking of giving up tonight lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Happy over in Shoebury. Went off to watch tv for an hour after lots of lampost watching and then looked out to see the little bit we had is now covered again :0 Been constant for about half hour now, altohugh still fine and powdery. Did manage to get a nice handful though and got my son, who was sitting in SHORTS only in his room. Nice back shot. lol.

Posted

There we have it folks 15cms already & its only been going 4 & a half Hours-

Goodbye vienna for Surrey- As I went for earleir- 12- 15 inches - Possibly more- Maybe 20 Inches ( over One & a half foot) there at the end of the event-

Steve

This is turning into something Epic.

Posted
Plenty, but there will be some gaps though!!!

post-631-1233528109_thumb.jpg

post-631-1233528180_thumb.jpg

post-631-1233528229_thumb.jpg

omg, almost a whiteout at the moment!!!

i think i may just have the same ammount as you, could we see quite a bit of snow tonight?

Posted
Everybody check out the gfs charts. They are some of the snowiest I've ever seen. Stunning. Out to t384 there is an epic succession of northerlies, northeasterlies and easterlies. -5s and -10s with the country blanketed with ppn. At one point the ppn charts are purple under -8 - -10 uppers country wide. I know its FI but its beautiful.

here we are managing to thread a needle between snow showers at the moment. But we have more than an inch and hopefully more will hit soon.

I know, the way the low has shifted right in this run to allow southern and eastern areas some torrential precipitation as well as perfect conditions for snow! Don't worry about tomorrow, Friday could be even better!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

M11 out of London coming north was very white and heavily snowing. At Harlow a gritter had the blade down. In the other direction (south) there was a blower on its way down!!. Road conditions bad on the south side of the M25 on the M11.