Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Well thats me done for tonight. I will be up at 5am to see what awaits me for my day on the roads!

Paul i hope you see something between now and tomorrow, the radar is truely a mystery!

Matt :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

There we have it folks 15cms already & its only been going 4 & a half Hours-

Goodbye vienna for Surrey- As I went for earleir- 12- 15 inches - Possibly more- Maybe 20 Inches ( over One & a half foot) there at the end of the event-

Steve

:D Great isn't it Steve, and this is only starters. Main course to come tomorrow with what looks like a deluge of snow at the end of the week. Incredible and unprecidented in recent times.

This is the year.............. :yahoo:

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

There is some really chunky ppn building up in the Thames Estuary, looking better by the minute!

(EDIT: Just started snowing steadily again, have about 2cm's here already)

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

This is about 100 times better than the forecast currently, I was expecting maybe a dusting by now - I've got about an inch and a half and everything is gloriously white. I'm stunned by the amount of showers piling into this region, even from my lack of experience I can tell this is a very rare event! I've not seen anything like it!

Posted

Got poss 3cms here am lower than Maidstone Weather. Will we see any effects from the Thames streamer? I am strugling to see anymore snow for me overnight. Looked at the metox radar for expected ppn in next 3 hrs and it had all cleared away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Just measured on a garden box we have (flat plastic surface) and it's 4 inches / 11 cm, unheard of in these parts for years and it's only just beggining.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
I'm giving up, still dry here. Very disappointed really, but hopefully tomorrow might deliver before it turns to rain. :yahoo: Night all, enjoy the snow those of you that have it! :D

I'm well disappointed aswell , the wrong wind direction here as soon as that changed it all went down hill!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

big big big downpour right now in Basildon, sky is so bright atm.

Posted

Kold- Just noticed you had moved!!!!!

18Z gfs has maxes of -3 in the SE next weekend-

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs1594.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs1624.gif

lol-

Still going here-

S

Glorious run isn't it, whats the depth in Bexley I have a few of my team due in at 8.00 am tomorrow no doubt they use the weather as an excuse, here in tropical Ashford (in comparision) we have about an inch or so

Posted
This is about 100 times better than the forecast currently, I was expecting maybe a dusting by now - I've got about an inch and a half and everything is gloriously white. I'm stunned by the amount of showers piling into this region, even from my lack of experience I can tell this is a very rare event! I've not seen anything like it!

Send it this way!!!!!!

Posted

hey where bouts in basildon are you?

its been great for basildon tonight, and loads more to come :yahoo:

Posted

How is this possible :yahoo::D

Pleased for you, really I am, but Crikey I am stumped, have not seen a proper Flake, COME ON GOD DAMMIT :)

Still got those nasty pesky Snow Grain Polystyrene Thingermejigs

Posted

There we have it folks 15cms already & its only been going 4 & a half Hours-

Goodbye vienna for Surrey- As I went for earleir- 12- 15 inches - Possibly more- Maybe 20 Inches ( over One & a half foot) there at the end of the event-

Steve

Steve,

Does that include towns bordering Surrey? Saaaaaay Crawley? :blush: Haha!

Currently have about 4 cms or so on the ground and it's currently snowing moderately! On and off for most of the day!

Posted

well i am off to bed, looks like I'll have to get up and take the kids to school in the morning afterall!! Will have to wait and see if the snow for tomorrow for us pans out or not.

Can anyone give me their best guest-ta-mate PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Posted
If you're looking for more info on the snow situation tonight and into tomorrow, NW forecaster Nick F has just posted a blog up about it:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...p;#entry1451319

Paul, If you do not mind me asking, has JH been in touch regarding this snow event? Bet he is excited for many of us right now

Posted

where has tetis got to not heard from him in ages, has he been snowed in? lost power due to heavy snow? or just given up and gone to bed?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
hey where bouts in basildon are you?

its been great for basildon tonight, and loads more to come :blush:

I asked you this earlier lol, but let you off as the threads are moving so quickly. I am just off of whitmore way, quite high up I can see into town centre, and when we get a big blizzard the lights of town dissapear.

Posted
Happy over in Shoebury. Went off to watch tv for an hour after lots of lampost watching and then looked out to see the little bit we had is now covered again :0 Been constant for about half hour now, altohugh still fine and powdery. Did manage to get a nice handful though and got my son, who was sitting in SHORTS only in his room. Nice back shot. lol.

oohhh nasty.. how old is he? cus if he's a teenager i bet he didnt give damn went straight outside in his shorts and gave u a pasting back..