Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

I'm giving up, still dry here. Very disappointed really, but hopefully tomorrow might deliver before it turns to rain. :doh: Night all, enjoy the snow those of you that have it! :D

Posted
think you better look ouside and its been snowing on and off here in pin green since 4 pm !!

Well it's not down this part. Unless it's snowing while I'm not looking, and not settling.

Posted

Chucking it down here in north Herts now. Huge clump of snow moving in across the East now much more organised as apposed to just showers. Have about an inch so far

Posted
Oh well I believe we have a long way to go yet.

well chilly take a look chucking it down right now look at the lamposts im a 5 min drive from you

Edited by biddie

Posted
Chucking it down here in north Herts now. Huge clump of snow moving in across the East now much more organised as apposed to just showers. Have about an inch so far

It's just started here and I have a dusting. What's wrong with my bit of Stevenage. :doh:

Posted

Sky looks orange to the East over towards Dartford Heath. More heavy snow due soon!! Currently it's only moderate! :doh:

Edited by Jason H

Posted

Ok still snowing hard and the official measure is 13.5cms. we are lucky but like most people we have missed out before so I hope you get your share by tomorrow . definitely the best :doh::D dry snow event since 1991 temps -3.9c good luck getting to work tomorrow. -

Posted

Much better now.

Hope it moves this way!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
Snow is back and is probably the heaviest this evening with big snowflakes!!!

Think you must be getting what we had a while back. fizzled out here now, but I'm hoping the wind doesn't pick up during the night as the snow's been piling up on the branches of trees and bushes....could look really spectacular in the morning

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
Very heavy Snow-

1cm in 15 mins-

& :doh::D

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn17417.png

i know wrong thread but!!!!!

S

Impressive chart ! I was just wondering about your thoughts on tomorrow's frontal snow coming off the continent. A number of the BBC tv forecasts this evening have put it just clipping East Kent and then up to East Anglia and then across London and the Midlands, and completely missing Sussex, Surrey and Hants. Previously the main snow was shown as far west as the Isle of Wight. Any thoughts? Thanks

Posted
Everyone, you want to have a look at the 18z GFS run this is a mild spell compared to whats coming later in the week and talk about snowfest.

Good evening Tundra,

how would that pan out for the SE corner? because im not having much luck tonight!

Posted

a few flakes falling here and there very light dusting on the ground which is sparkling.

Temp has gone up from -1.9 to -0.9 think i will give up looking out the window soon as we are obviously not going to get anything decent anytime soon :doh:

Posted

Hmmm really don't understand.

Still nothing and according to the radar i should be witnessing Armageddon! :wallbash::wallbash: We had a moderate Ice Ball shower about 20mins ago so now our snow cover is topped with little polyestirene like balls! :lol: :lol:

Matt :whistling:

Posted

Steve M

Is the Cold at the end of the week a North Easterly, has the GFS Followed the ECMWF & UKMO ??

Nick S having a heavier shower now but STILL Snow Grains - Cant let you go to bed just yet, still not seem a proper flake since 2pm

Paul S

Posted

Still going here-

S

i've noticed i tend to cop the snow about 10 mins after you get it! belting it down again now. i think the showers are starting to get more intense again after the lull around 9pm. this is the most snow i've seen in london in the ten years i've been here - we've 3 inches now, i think.

Posted
I'm giving up, still dry here. Very disappointed really, but hopefully tomorrow might deliver before it turns to rain. :whistling: Night all, enjoy the snow those of you that have it! :wallbash:

Just seen the latest bbc forcast on news 24... (could tell cus he started the report viewing the situ at 3am) and no graphic showing rain anywhere in the country for whole of monday and tues... only sleet at sea. so warm sector that everybody seems to be panicking about.. has buggerd off!!

Just reached that magic 6 inches here in Caterham - been snowing heavily since just before 6:00 pm.

Roads are a disaster - have seen numerous drivers just abandon their cars and walk off !!

With more heavy stuff expected overnight the rush hour looks like being cancelled down here !! :whistling:

There we have it folks 15cms already & its only been going 4 & a half Hours-

Goodbye vienna for Surrey- As I went for earleir- 12- 15 inches - Possibly more- Maybe 20 Inches ( over One & a half foot) there at the end of the event-

Steve

Edited by Steve Murr