Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
There gets to a point when you don't need to lamp post watch to see how heavy it is. We've reached it!

We don't have street lights in Worlingworth - really out in the countryside - you have to stand still, tilt your head right back, and count the flakes into your mouth per minute to decide the intensity of the precipitation!

Great stars though when it's clear.

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
:rolleyes::D Where abouts in Brighton are you? I'm in Falmer.

Near Queens Park. Top of Elm Grove towards racecourse. Very big flakes and really starting to pile up :-)

Posted
NE Essex definitely isn't getting hammered, we may just be getting close to 1cm (I am being generous)

Whereabouts exactly are you because here actually in Colchester not far from town there is around an inch of powdery snow

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Whiteout conditions in Royal Tunbridge Wells :lol: - settling thick and fast ...

Posted

Temps -4c and still snowing hard what is cms to inches is 2.2 cms so at least 14cms this is a dry powder snow event -god forbid if it had been marginal . Got to say Biggin Hill does do well but this is the real deal. Might just have a day off work if the snow continues. Feb 1991 had these sort of temps-you know the wrong kind of snow. Gatwick closed the M20 closed. Just hope everyone keeps safe because out of all of this however beautiful the snow we all hope people are ok.

Posted
looking at the radar there are loads of showers about 20miles east of us hopefully got our name on them lol

lets hope so cos i am not going to bed until i have a good layer of snow 1-2cm would even be good :lol:

what weather station do you use,??, i usually use tendering district council one but always goes off line when anything interesting happens with the weather, typical :D

Posted
Whiteout conditions in Royal Tunbridge Wells :lol: - settling thick and fast ...

sounds like you had what i just had :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Snowing heavily in Braintree - depths now level with curbs. I have £5 with the g/f that we'll see 4" by morning so hopefully more to come!

Just seen a van skid back and forth all the way down our street as well - could be an interesting journey to work tomorrow; I have a rear wheel drive car...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Snowing again here. Took some pics about an hour ago when it had stopped. It is so beautiful.

post-2672-1233525947_thumb.jpg

Posted

We seem to have picked up some sort of streamer from TW to Brighton. Not a usual direction for Brighton, but I'm loving it :D

Posted
ok dead annoyed, where is my bloody snow!

Another report from near the Coast :lol:

Nick S does Pathetic Snow Grains count for you going to bed or do I need something that is actually going to accumalte if it falls for about 10 years :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
Grr everyone is forgetting East Anglia! Can anyone who knows how to read the radar tell me if Norwich is in for any more heavy showers? please lol

Nothing north of Suffolk for about 70 miles - very clear surprisingly - not your turn tonight.

sounds like you've more than here in Chelmsford :lol:

I've a front wheel drive car so not too bad - but it has Limited slip diff - which sounds useful in the snow - but it just goes bonkers !

Snowing heavily in Braintree - depths now level with curbs. I have £5 with the g/f that we'll see 4" by morning so hopefully more to come!

Just seen a van skid back and forth all the way down our street as well - could be an interesting journey to work tomorrow; I have a rear wheel drive car...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Snowing heavily here...have a really decent covering...perhaps we got a River Lea Streamer after all!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Can i have a really really heavy snow shower please that lasts atleast 20mins! all i ask :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Grr everyone is forgetting East Anglia! Can anyone who knows how to read the radar tell me if Norwich is in for any more heavy showers? please lol

I checked my Net Weather radar and it's looking pretty sparse for Norwich for a while. There''s an area currently just off the hook of Holland which could come your way, but not for a couple of hours I'd imagine, although if convection happens in the N Sea, you might get lucky.

Why not invest in a month's NW Extra Lite? We might be needing it this month :lol:

Posted
Another report from near the Coast :lol:

Nick S does Pathetic Snow Grains count for you going to bed or do I need something that is actually going to accumalte if it falls for about 10 years :D

That made me really laugh! :D No snow grains doesn't count it has to be flakes that have a chance of accumulating before I'm old and grey! :)