Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers, cold winters, snow, some severe weather to liven things up...

More snow falling here in Witham.

Gonna be interesting in the morning. :D

Posted

Everyone, you want to have a look at the 18z GFS run this is a mild spell compared to whats coming later in the week and talk about snowfest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!

Worlingworth, north Suffolk - about 1 centimetre; -2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Heavy snow here in Bexleyheath-

Just broaching the 5cm Mark-

Neighbours must wonder what im doing- keep going out when it stops, clearing a segment on the corner of the concrete wall & coming back inside-

Its my depth measure for each shower-

Great night unfolding-

Mr sherman should have had some more by now-

BTW the 18z GFS keeps all of London Snow tomorrow & has the -10c isothem back in Kent by Tuesday morning-

& a VERY SNOWY outlook after that-

Steve

Steve

thats good news

what are your thoughts on the discussed mild high air temps and potential to turn snow to rain tomorrow PM steve?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Some latest pics, still snowing lightly, saw the moon about an hour ago but that dissappeared quickly, the sky has been orange most of the night so far:

snow1-2-09015.jpg

snow1-2-09011.jpg

Posted
Heavy snow here in Bexleyheath-

Mr sherman should have had some more by now-

Steve

More ?? :D:D:rofl:

I must be on the same wind direction as Poppy in Wakering as she has Sugar Grains as well

Poor old Nick S is waiting for me too report a Proper Flake before he can go to bed and he is 1 hour ahead of us :80:

Snow showers really packing into the SE corner of England right now, much of it in the estuary clumping together now into heavier organised region of snowfall, still can't believe I'm out of the region during its biggest streamer event in many years!

Kold- Just noticed you had moved!!!!!

18Z gfs has maxes of -3 in the SE next weekend-

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs1594.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs1624.gif

lol-

Still going here-

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Showers seem to be merging now, sky looks orange, worth the wait as we really havent had much here out in the country until about 9.30pm, settling on road.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Snow showers really packing into the SE corner of England right now, much of it in the estuary clumping together now into heavier organised region of snowfall, still can't believe I'm out of the region during its biggest streamer event in many years!

what area do you mean by SE corner - i hope you mean my corner... opposed to the thames area?

Posted

argh, were between 1 and 2 inches but missing out on a long stream of good showesr just to our south. if you do a zoom on the south eastern corner on nw and see the line of showers down quite near the coast, im immediately above that line. very frustrating.

Posted

Slamming it down here in N London, I reckon I'm in a decent location for these showers as well, it's been constant now for just under an hour with around 4cm at the moment increasing rapidly.

Off to build a snowman in half an hour!!!!

Posted
what area do you mean by SE corner - i hope you mean my corner... opposed to the thames area?

You've got to be careful haven't you when people are talking about showers flooding the south east. People who don't live here call the estuary and london and suffolk south east. for me south east is the little tick right at the bottom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Best Thames streamer since 8th January 2003.

The snow which started at 7:45 pm eased off around 9 pm but there have been bursts since.

The depth at 10:30 pm is 4 to 5 cm. Temperature is -2.5C. Light snow falling at present.

Posted
Sad to hear that CM. Earlier in the day I was jealous of what you were reporting and getting the same feelings. But we're looking good now. I can't believe however that it can be good here and not so much where you are. It's usually the opposite! Hope some is on the way for you soon :-)

Oh well I believe we have a long way to go yet.

Posted

Yep Steve, at uni, it seems to me like this a prolonged version of the snow streamer we had back in Feb 2005 I believe which gave a good 5-10cms generally, I suspect there is every chance your going to get into the 6 inch region, how much do I wish I could be at home now, I warned my dad back in S.Essex to expect 9 inches by Monday night which given the constant streamer and also the frontal event.

Posted

Just reached that magic 6 inches here in Caterham - been snowing heavily since just before 6:00 pm.

Roads are a disaster - have seen numerous drivers just abandon their cars and walk off !!

With more heavy stuff expected overnight the rush hour looks like being cancelled down here !! :D

Posted
Some latest pics, still snowing lightly, saw the moon about an hour ago but that dissappeared quickly, the sky has been orange most of the night so far:

snow1-2-09015.jpg

snow1-2-09011.jpg

WOW looks great, I want that here, can someone please share? :D

Posted
Showers seem to be merging now, sky looks orange, worth the wait as we really havent had much here out in the country until about 9.30pm, settling on road.

Orange because of the street lights bouncing of the snow, back into the cloudy atmosphere.

Posted

Looking at the 18z charts, it looks like this current band of showers will continue to organise and track south westwards through Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, IOW and out into the channel. Should continue to give reasonable accumulations along the way - and to think THIS ISN'T EVEN THE MAIN EVENT!!