Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Same here, has been heavy for a good 45 minutes now. Great stuff. Seems plenty more to come, may well now have a great line of showers for a good few hours at this same sort of rate.

Bucket-loads here! Absolute blizzard out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
Here in Kilburn N London hav'nt seen snow like this for 20 yrs!!!! Amazing!!!!

Same here in Notting Hill, except for the thundersnow event from a few years ago, but that was short-lived, this looks like it will only progress!

All good, the child in me iswell and truly out, just charging the camera so i can get some pics.

Posted
I'm in Tonbridge, West Kent. We have only had about 2 inches of the powdery stuff from one or two heavy squally showers and several lighter showers. It seems these showers are few & far between at the moment! I don't know what to expect during the rest of the night, are they expected to pep-up and increase in number or die-out?

I went to school in tonbridge and remember it always having much less snow than home, but today that might have been reversed. Haven't checked in a while but don't think we're up to 2 inches yet. Our altitude (150m / 450 ft) might come into play tomorrow with the mild sector though.

Posted
About 7inches here on the surrey/sth london border just down the rd from Banstead, I guess there must now be close to a foot for those on top of the downs? This event is going to surpass 1991 by the looks of it here but still has a way to go to beat 1986 which I remember well as I was learning to drive. Thought I would get some extra pratice in before I took my test by driving to work on my own, when I went to leave work the car was gone under a 6ft snow drift :o

i got around the same mate just down the road from you its amazeing my my car weels can hardley be seen best event since 1991 here.

Posted
Just watched BBC forecast on news 24 - looks like Thames corridor has a lot to come later tonight /tomorrow

- I'm sooo jealous, I wanted a Duvet day tomorrow - enjoy!! :o

They've just given out predictions of " a foot" of snow on Sky News

Posted

I am sitting here seething at all this lovely snow you're all getting :o

Although you don't DO deserve it :D

Posted

Make sure you get some pics or better still video in the morning- would love to be able to include in a special program we're doing for nw tv tomorrow :o

Email anything you have to:

nwtv[at]netweather.tv - replace [at] with @

Cheers!

About 7inches here on the surrey/sth london border just down the rd from Banstead, I guess there must now be close to a foot for those on top of the downs? This event is going to surpass 1991 by the looks of it here but still has a way to go to beat 1986 which I remember well as I was learning to drive. Thought I would get some extra pratice in before I took my test by driving to work on my own, when I went to leave work the car was gone under a 6ft snow drift :o

Nearly 3 inches here...

20 Inches coming to a banstead down near you........

S

Posted

Unbelievable snow at the moment, the well gritted road is now white. It must be falling at about 1cm every 5 mins at the current rate!!!!

Posted

I think it was 1987 when 24ins fell on the North Downs and parts of Surrey.The main Westerham Road was cut off for a day or so. At the moment on the Downs have about 8 ins and it is still falling fast .It could beat February 1991 but not the temps.

Edited by charlton north-downs

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
That's interesting to hear. We have probably the same amount. between one and two inches, maybe 4cm, and my latitude seems to be identical to yours, which means we'll be getting the same showers in this direct east-west flow.

Yes - that sounds about right. I noticed when you posted earlier this afternoon when the snow was first kicking off that you said it had started snowing quite hard. It started here just minutes after in the same vein and there was a quick light covering, again much as you had said.

Posted
Looking very impressive on radar now, huge region of strong snow showers across much of the SE currently in what seems to be lines. When the wind vector shifts again in the morning hours we should see those lines shift about a little.

I am inbetween one of those lines do you think when the wind shifts it will benefit me?

post-2220-1233532844_thumb.png

post-2220-1233532936_thumb.png

Edited by Snow Queen one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

All the tyre marks have been snowed over now in the road. All lovely perfect white.

Posted
Here in Kilburn N London hav'nt seen snow like this for 20 yrs!!!! Amazing!!!!

Still nowhere near Feb 1991 levels in Kensal Green yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Lol I have been looking at the radar for the past 5 hours and reluctantly not come onto the forum because I knew the South East would be getting pasted and all I have is a 0.5cm dusting from a few showers earlier on.

I am pleased for you lot down the South East but I am feeling a bit upset that I haven't seen that level of snowfall here, I have never seen more than 3 inches snowfall here in my life and to hear of 5-6 inches already down there makes me jealous i'll admit.

Posted

Nothing new to report here, Just polystyrne Balls around half an hour ago, Snow depth.....................hehe as if :o

Desperately Poor, No other word for it, best get off to bed and trawl along the C2C Line tomorrow and see the ever increasing snow depths along the way

Paul S

Posted

I did suggest earlier that 9 inches are more then possible but looking at the coverage and strength of showers even that could be a touch on the low side locally, a foot is certainly a possible outcome.

Also showers seem to be a little bit more extensive then the models were progging as well which is only a good thing. Showers will only continue now till probably midday tomorrow which is going to lead to some pretty widespread deep cover...

Posted
I wouldn't count on it. The light dusting of snow we had last year was enough to foul up the bus service and this is a major snowfall. I'd definitely check before you leave the house. London doesn't deal well with snow.

yeah - trouble is bosses are slave drivers and expect people to be in . will see how it looks in the morning i guess.

Posted
I am inbetween one of those lines do you think when the wind shifts it will benefit me?

Wind shifts will certainly benefit you. Me also. I am in between the two lines south of you. Granted, they are close enough that I'm still getting frequent snow, but not hitting the main stuff.

Posted
i got around the same mate just down the road from you its amazeing my my car weels can hardley be seen best event since 1991 here.

LLWA: your forecast yesterday looks less unrealistic! Already at midnight I have 8cm or 3.25" (approx). As Londonsnow remarked earlier this is the most significant snowfall in inner London since February 1991.

regards

ACB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Heavy snow falling again. Cat was reluctant to go out. Didn't go out the back door then went to the front door. I expect she was thinking it would be somehow different. She's only nearly four, I don't think she's seen the like before. Ventured as far as the doorstep and that was it. I was relieved because the snow was blowing in the house while I waited for her to make up her mind! And the front door faces west!