Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
All the tyre marks have been snowed over now in the road. All lovely perfect white.

That really is remarkable considering how close distance wise we are, although the sky has been Orange all night over your way, enjoy!

Paul S

Posted
Wind shifts will certainly benefit you. Me also. I am in between the two lines south of you. Granted, they are close enough that I'm still getting frequent snow, but not hitting the main stuff.

I seem to be lucky enough to be in that line just south of Maidstone, snowing heavily at the mo! :)

Posted

Kent Snow Report:

Just got back in after snow trip:

Faversham: 2CM

Whitstable: 3CM

Herne Bay: 3CM

Canterbury: 4.5CM

Ashford: 4CM

Ashford to Faversham: 6CM

REMEMBER THIS IS NOT THE MAIN SNOW EVENT... THIS IS ONLY A TASTE OF WHAT IS COMING.

(why oh why are idiots driving fast with no clue of snow driving... seen 5 cars off the road!).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Just been out to measure before I go to bed and it's 2" deep here. Still snowing, although it felt like it was drizzling a bit with it!!

post-2672-1233533259_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
That really is remarkable considering how close distance wise we are, although the sky has been Orange all night over your way, enjoy!

Paul S

Oh I am enjoying, keep getting out of bed to look out the window. How will I get to sleep with all that going on outside!

I need a skylight. Or a glass igloo....I'd love to stay in one of those and see the aurora.

Posted
I think it was 1987 when 24ins fell on the North Downs and parts of Surrey.The main Westerham Road was cut off for a day or so. At the moment on the Downs have about 8 ins and it is still falling fast .It could beat February 1991 but not the temps.

I think you are right early 1987, its just that it took from 1986 to pass :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Yippe! at last, we got a dusting in Reading, lets see what happens in next few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I think it's probably better when there is actually no cold spell over the UK than it is when you have 0.5cm on the ground and 100miles South East has 3-5 inches and more to come. 100 miles North there is a big band of snow about to hit them and inbetween here it's now clear and no sign of anything else tonight.

Devastated and i'm jealous, the snow event you guys in the South East are having WOULD have been the best snow event of my life, 100 miles from the best snow event in my life, doesen't hurt much... :)

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

Sky flickering with lightning to west of here (sunbury, Middx) about 5 mins ago - now gone very dark - as if streetlamps out - power cuts may mean work is definately out!!

After a clear hour or so it's now big floaty flakes getting heavier by the minute

Edited by tara303

Posted
Sky flickering with lightning to west of here about 5 mins ago - now gone very dark - as if streetlamps out - power cuts may mean work is definately out!!

After a clear hour or so it's now big floaty flakes getting heavier by the minute

where are you?

Posted
Unbelievable snow at the moment, the well gritted road is now white. It must be falling at about 1cm every 5 mins at the current rate!!!!

Not fair, not fair, not fair, not fair!!!!

Posted

Unreal here, just been out in the snow for an hour, nearly 3 inches now... At one point I couldn't see further than 3 metres, blizzard conditions for a while... It's stopped now, but it can only be brief, this is probably the best snowfall in my lifetime.

IMMENSE!

...oh, it's snowing AGAIN!!!!

Posted

Hang in there mate. It will happen. You'll get plenty tomorrow afternoon and evening I would think.

I think it's probably better when there is actually no cold spell over the UK than it is when you have 0.5cm on the ground and 100miles South East has 3-5 inches and more to come. 100 miles North there is a big band of snow about to hit them and inbetween here it's now clear and no sign of anything else tonight.

Devastated and i'm jealous, the snow event you guys in the South East are having WOULD have been the best snow event of my life, 100 miles from the best snow event in my life, doesen't hurt much... :doh:

Posted

Just keeps on coming here, it's got heavier too in the last few minutes. Really piling up now, I'll be really surprised if school is on because only once in 12 years has school been on in snow this thick, and even then it was melted by lunchtime!

-2.5c and I must have 5cm now.

Posted

Devastated and i'm jealous, the snow event you guys in the South East are having WOULD have been the best snow event of my life, 100 miles from the best snow event in my life, doesen't hurt much... :D

Argh: Snow its overated really! :doh:

Posted

Devastated and i'm jealous, the snow event you guys in the South East are having WOULD have been the best snow event of my life, 100 miles from the best snow event in my life, doesen't hurt much... :D

not all of us :( ,,

some of us right on the coast have only had polystyrene pellets floating in wind and piling up near fences and still have lovely green gardens :doh: