Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
Still going strong here. My highly sophisticated measuring device - a.k.a a ruler - shows almost 3 inches of snow. It's so heavy right now I can't see buildings that are 2 streets away.

Do you think anything is going to move in London tomorrow? Is it even worth trying to get to work?!

Posted

best snow of the night so far in Reading. Quite light still but more than a few flakes. Think it will be stop and start for a while though as there appears to be a dry slot coming towards us after this band, but could be getting going properly around 3. Think I'll have a nap now and wake up around 6 to see where we are...

Posted
Snowing again in Brighton - hasn't really stopped for long. I don't want to go to bed because I don't know when I will see this again (besides tomorrow, Tuesday Friday Saturday and the rest of FEB!) Radar looking good.

Same here! I'm thinking it's worth missing a few hours of sleep for!

Posted

still snowing here, in between colchester and sudbury. it hasnt really stopped for the last three hours, its fades back to just a small flurry but ten mins later its back again. looks about 2-2.5 inchs here now.

Posted
Still going strong here. My highly sophisticated measuring device - a.k.a a ruler - shows almost 3 inches of snow. It's so heavy right now I can't see buildings that are 2 streets away.

Yes that's the stuff, this present snow is just a taste, notice the deep heavy cloud in the satellite and the speed its moving up and angling towards us. A lot of people dont really realise that the main show is still a way off. Well spotted.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
There seems to be a fair bit of snow coming in on the radar. Where are you though. Kent borders sounds close to me. Im about 10 mins south west of tunbridge wells.

As just posted - off the A28 Tenterden Road. So I am technically just in East Sussex actually - but Kent is shorter to put in my avatar! :doh:

Posted
Snowing in Slough now, so Windsor can be hopeful.

Yes, has a nice little go, left a layer......bring it on, hopefully more to come, still nothing like London has been getting.....I'm hoping

Posted
I am not far off the A28 Tenterden road. There was 2cm of snow early evening, after I had come back from my afternoon walk but probably double that now.

That's interesting to hear. We have probably the same amount. between one and two inches, maybe 4cm, and my latitude seems to be identical to yours, which means we'll be getting the same showers in this direct east-west flow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
If it shifts NE then surely that will bring the showers back into kent?

Hi Snow Queen one,

I think that may well be the case, if the wind is turning NE. Kent would gain for a while and the Thames corridor towards London will see snow fading away for a while, before tomorrows more organised band of snow.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
Very nice coverage on snow in Ware Hertfordshire. Look here -----> http://www.wareonline.co.uk/webcam/default.asp

Its snowing here in Hertford Hertfordshire moderately. :doh:

Don't wish to be greedy...but wouldn't mind that drifting southwards! It does explain the orange skies I can see to the north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW
best snow of the night so far in Reading. Quite light still but more than a few flakes. Think it will be stop and start for a while though as there appears to be a dry slot coming towards us after this band, but could be getting going properly around 3. Think I'll have a nap now and wake up around 6 to see where we are...

Lets hope so, im up for a while yet so I keep my eye on the lamp post. :doh:

Posted
All British radar gone down, maybe its been used so much the MetO had to take action to ensure they could access the data?

It's back up currently, hopefully it'll last..

Posted

Looking very impressive on radar now, huge region of strong snow showers across much of the SE currently in what seems to be lines. When the wind vector shifts again in the morning hours we should see those lines shift about a little.

Posted

Just been out for another measure! Up to 2 inches now and still going strong! :doh:

Does anyone know if this is tomorrows stuff arrived early or is that all still to come?

Posted

Just watched BBC forecast on news 24 - looks like Thames corridor has a lot to come later tonight /tomorrow

- I'm sooo jealous, I wanted a Duvet day tomorrow - enjoy!! :doh:

Posted

About 7inches here on the surrey/sth london border just down the rd from Banstead, I guess there must now be close to a foot for those on top of the downs? This event is going to surpass 1991 by the looks of it here but still has a way to go to beat 1986 which I remember well as I was learning to drive. Thought I would get some extra pratice in before I took my test by driving to work on my own, when I went to leave work the car was gone under a 6ft snow drift :doh:

Posted
Do you think anything is going to move in London tomorrow? Is it even worth trying to get to work?!

I wouldn't count on it. The light dusting of snow we had last year was enough to foul up the bus service and this is a major snowfall. I'd definitely check before you leave the house. London doesn't deal well with snow.

Posted

c. 3 cm of lying snow in the back garden at the moment, which doubtless means that there's a lot more in the streets outside and, especially, in the local open areas and cemetaries. (atmospheric photo opportunity for later tomorrow, I suspect, if the chap with the key to the gates gets there to open it up!)