Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning
Still coming down here, though it feel a bit wetter than the early stuff. Cat's rushed back in as soon as I opened door!

The grass now is completely covered. My cat Tipsy went out the cat flap and came straight in. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just popped my head out the front door and coming down heavily again here in S.E.London (Lee).

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Reading is the most frustrating place in the world right now. 2 or 3 miles from being in steady snow but unless the flow backs more SE-rly, we'll never settle into it. Can see Wokingham and Bracknell getting steady snow all night and us getting a dusting. Still will get a fair bit in the afternoon tomorrow in fairness...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
we either had thunder just then or possibly a relatively low aircraft - hard to tell - windows shut etc

WHERE THOUGH???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :lol: :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!
I am bitterly disappointed with events on here so far tonight when everyone is enjoying theyre snow and not having any here in snow starved Poole on the central south coast I have appealed many times for those with radar or a greater knowledge than I If there is any possibility of getting anything here, but it seems all they want to do is post charts showing what affects there own area without a thought for those appealing for information of theyre hopes. If I dont get a reply within 15 mins im off to bed in disgust. Depressed member lol.

Hi Kent

I'm not far from you so i'm feeling the same, the radar is showing a thin line of snow about to arrive in southampton.

i hope we get some soon. :lol:

Posted
I am bitterly disappointed with events on here so far tonight when everyone is enjoying theyre snow and not having any here in snow starved Poole on the central south coast I have appealed many times for those with radar or a greater knowledge than I If there is any possibility of getting anything here, but it seems all they want to do is post charts showing what affects there own area without a thought for those appealing for information of theyre hopes. If I dont get a reply within 15 mins im off to bed in disgust. Depressed member lol.

This is the south east thread. And looking at radar isnt going to magically make you snow. I'm afraid there's nothing coming up for you too soon. Maybe down the line. Be patient. Sorry!

Posted
Just seen the weather on BBC News, there seems to be a lot of uncertainty about Mondays snow event and the timing? Also saw quite a bit of blue (rain) in the extreme SE corner Kent & Essex! Any thoughts people?

You cant trust or really take note with the BBC model, that changes more often than the wind and who ever is presenting it! Basically a lot of uncertain views exist on Monday for the back edge, will it or will it not continue as snow. My experience says it should remain as snow, but some models say that it may not, I just personally feel it will, it all comes down to timings as well. If the main event passes through quick in the day then some sleet could occur, but I cant see it myself just yet... but I reckon its a 50/50. The factor is however that I would have expected about 3" to 10" to have fallen so if it does it could be freezing rain onto snow and ice... not a nice combination. I still believe that it will remain snow and yet again catch the BBC out... which has become extremely common nowadays. However lets wait and see... Kent and Essex have a lot of water round them, so it is always a little harder to get right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Can we have some pictures please! All these reports of Armageddon in the SE, well let's see the evidence! :lol:

I can understand the excitement though as you are all tragically snow deprived - even the Yorkshire contingent is happy for SEerners tonight! :)

Errr Yeti... it's dark. But here's one I took 5 hours ago when it was just getting started.

Posted
Just seen the weather on BBC News, there seems to be a lot of uncertainty about Mondays snow event and the timing? Also saw quite a bit of blue (rain) in the extreme SE corner Kent & Essex! Any thoughts people?

Lol

Yeah that would be about right, although not a lot to wash away here.

Ho Hum roll on the end of the week

Paul S

Posted
This why pics in morn:

WOW great pic! so jealous :doh:

I think ill cry...

Posted
Hi Kent

I'm not far from you so i'm feeling the same, the radar is showing a thin line of snow about to arrive in southampton.

i hope we get some soon. :doh:

Thank you for the reply await in anticipation lol.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Errr Yeti... it's dark. But here's one I took 5 hours ago when it was just getting started.

Thanks Iceni, great clouds there! :doh:

It looks like we're starting to see some fun up here now too, with showers really picking up to SE levels over E Yorks now :D

Posted

just popped out again to record depth- 4 inches. in south east london. biggest haul since '91 here i'm sure.

my mum on surrey/kent borders reckons on half a foot, though not sure how scientific that is...! thought moving in to london would deprive me of these joys....! :doh:

Posted

amazing how all the beefy showers have gone to the north of me, rekcon colchester and braintree had about 2" out of this so far, still only dusting, be anther 3 or 4hours of showers ,then maybe a break before that lot moves up from france, just hopeing it will be snow

Posted

Even the NMM model suggest snow all way through tomorrow, apart from the far east of Kent and Essex. Good news all round then. 5cm of snow here, NMM suggesting the snow to continue until around 3/4am here.

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

Nearly 3 inches here...

20 Inches coming to a banstead down near you........

S

BBC24 forecast just said only 2-4 ins in the SE...............How wrong she is :doh:

We now have 4 ins here in Croydon, and 7 ins + is expected :D And it is still snowing and it's heavy too :D @ -2.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Can we have some pictures please! All these reports of Armageddon in the SE, well let's see the evidence! :doh:

I can understand the excitement though as you are all tragically snow deprived - even the Yorkshire contingent is happy for SEerners tonight! :D

Errr Yeti... it's dark. But here's one I took 5 hours ago when it was just getting started.post-8078-1233535001_thumb.jpg

post-8078-1233534615_thumb.jpg

post-8078-1233534729_thumb.jpg

post-8078-1233534855_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Lol

Yeah that would be about right, although not a lot to wash away here.

Ho Hum roll on the end of the week

Paul S

:D

You will have some snow by the morning mate. I'm watching the heavy band of snow move east to west only 10 miles south of here :doh: Although I can't moan, have a decent covering with light snow still plummeting to earth.

Seirra 15.............over n out lol

Seasons

Edited by Seasons