Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
where are you?

Sunbury, Middx - sky now light orange - streetlamps on again! drat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

In Hertford Hertfordshire, I have got fixing snow, and....... it is still snowing 5p size flakes. Yiiiiippppeeeeeeeee :doh:

Posted

Fantastic Snow today in Dagenham East, Essex. 1991 Re-Born! Been powder snowing for 3 hours non stop be it light to moderate at times, current depth on the roads is 2", my back garden is showing 3" and tomorrow is when we get some real heavy stuff, well I'm in heaven indeedy!

02 Feb 2009, the SE comes to a complete HALT! Love it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

been in wrong room for the last hour or so, wondered why it was so grumpy......................midlands, theres no snow there! :doh::D

Posted

Fantastic Snow today in Dagenham East, Essex. 1991 Re-Born! Been powder snowing for 3 hours non stop be it light to moderate at times, current depth on the roads is 2", my back garden is showing 3" and tomorrow is when we get some real heavy stuff, well I'm in heaven indeedy!

02 Feb 2009, the SE comes to a complete HALT! Love it!

Posted
I think you are right early 1987, its just that it took from 1986 to pass :doh:

You are correct it was 1987. Major snow storm. We did also have snow in 1986 and 1985!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Hang in there mate. It will happen. You'll get plenty tomorrow afternoon and evening I would think.

I'm not sure, if it does then it looks like it will only be a few cm's probably and if the GFS precip type charts are anything to go by then it will turn to rain and sleet on it's back edge and melt away any little dusting we got.

I am sorry for being bitter but I would loved more than anything to have seen the snowfall that you guys are seeing tonight. Thundersnow, blizzards, everything! I am going to retire to bed now and be a sad snow lover :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

I'm still waiting for the snow to get going here in christchurch :D

and how long befor people blame all this snow on global warming :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Still coming down here, though it feel a bit wetter than the early stuff. Cat's rushed back in as soon as I opened door!

Posted

Here in Paddock Wood it's been snowing quite hard since about 10.30pm, I want to go to bed but I can't take my eyes off of the window!

Posted

Come on guys! With these fantastic snow depths i'm hearing about i would be VERY grateful if you could post 1 pic or so just to see how this event is unfolding!

Thanks

PS-to make you southerners feel better, here in the West Midlands i have roughly half a centimentre but im happy!

Night all

Posted
LLWA: your forecast yesterday looks less unrealistic! Already at midnight I have 8cm or 3.25" (approx). As Londonsnow remarked earlier this is the most significant snowfall in inner London since February 1991.

regards

ACB

Nope im still well on course for a foot have 11cms and still snowing heavy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Well, just got back from the pub where I wouldn't usually go on a Sunday night but they have a great big window, snowball fights with the feral kids, snow angels in the park, this is just amazing. Snow still heavy & wish I didn't have to go to bed. 6-7" I'd say, the most fantastic walk home. magic.

Posted

Just seen the weather on BBC News, there seems to be a lot of uncertainty about Mondays snow event and the timing? Also saw quite a bit of blue (rain) in the extreme SE corner Kent & Essex! Any thoughts people?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Still some impressive radar returns on Meto 12.00. Looking good to the north of the river now, over Essex and Suffolk stretching to the north of London.

That heavier stuff coming into Yorks/Lincs must be causing some excitement on their thread.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Can we have some pictures please! All these reports of Armageddon in the SE, well let's see the evidence! :lol:

I can understand the excitement though as you are all tragically snow deprived - even the Yorkshire contingent is happy for SEerners tonight! :)

Posted

I am bitterly disappointed with events on here so far tonight when everyone is enjoying theyre snow and not having any here in snow starved Poole on the central south coast I have appealed many times for those with radar or a greater knowledge than I If there is any possibility of getting anything here, but it seems all they want to do is post charts showing what affects there own area without a thought for those appealing for information of theyre hopes. If I dont get a reply within 15 mins im off to bed in disgust. Depressed member lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Still going in Braintree with no signs of abating - now difficult to distinguish road from pavement from pathway. Must have had two/three hours of continuous snowfall of varying intensity after the first batch of showers.

Feel I should get some sleep but getting increasingly certain I'll be having a lay in tomorrow!

Hope everyone gets in on the action before the evening's out.

Edited by wbs mullet