Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
To the Pennines see the 'upto 40cm of snow' they were forecast? :lol:

No, not really, but still a reasonable fall, with some pretty big drifts. Posted a few pics earlier:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...c=53342&hl=

Posted

Looking good up here for the weekend !

Current Meto shows the following for Newcastle for Fri night _ Heavy snow showers, -3deg,NNW wind 25mph gusting to 41mph.

Could be an interesting walk back from the pub !!

Karl

Current Meto shows the following for Newcastle for Fri night _ Heavy snow showers, -3deg,NNW wind 25mph gusting to 41mph.

Karl

notice how they have updated the weather warnings for the south east again with a posibility of 25cm snow! there is no weather warning for us as yet, but fingers crossed. Newcastle has been hard done by this winter compared to the rest of the UK.

Posted

Karl

That forecast is probably bound to change but if the winds stay Northerly enough then i suppose you never know, we shall see what happens and not get too excited this time. :lol:

Posted
No, not really, but still a reasonable fall, with some pretty big drifts. Posted a few pics earlier:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...c=53342&hl=

No offence, but your beeing a bit of a spoilt sport, personally we did great for snow fall total, at 8am LBA was reporting 28cm lying snow on the run way, maybe i got more than you?

Posted

This time round...some winners, some losers...but perhaps another shot at snow at the weekend.

The outskirts of Leeds are barely functioning. The main roads are open but pavements are treacherous. Heaven help us if it freezes overnight.

Posted

These are pics from Monday evening in Hexham, Northumberland. We still have some left in the garden, streets and pavements are slush. The rain last night was a disappointment, doubt we'll even see a flake the rest of the week.

post-9499-1233692988_thumb.jpg

post-9499-1233693002_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Yeti:

Forgot to ask, with the christmas lights still up and running in the trees on the run to the centre, did you get any night pictures of them with the snow?

Bet it looked like christmas again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

We have a nice blanket of icy snow now. Little chance of getting the bike out of the back garden...... :rolleyes:

Still think the Stray in Harrogate would've looked impressive with the trees lit in Winter.

http://www.lights4fun.co.uk/news/30/article.asp

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Went out this evening, so i measured the snow on top of my bin as it was untouched, and it read 14cm, so from midday sunday to midday tuesday, i saw almost six inches of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Slight dusting last night?

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
We have a nice blanket of icy snow now. Little chance of getting the bike out of the back garden...... :)

Still think the Stray in Harrogate would've looked impressive with the trees lit in Winter.

http://www.lights4fun.co.uk/news/30/article.asp

Sorry just seen this post.

Didn't take any photos but the Stray looks fantastic at the moment with all the lights.

Amazing though really in Harrogate, I had 22cm of snow yesterday morning (with little melt) at 185m but where I work at 75m it had rained and there was 3-4 inches. Amazing the difference just 100m made.

Posted
Slight dusting last night?

Yep, sprinkling of grainy stuff overnight. I have my doubts as to whether we'll see much more tomorrow night though (as Paul Hudson seems to be forecasting). Foggy at the moment and bl**dy freezing !!!

Posted

Still a good inch in untouched areas

Froze last night and had some flurries

very cold agin this morning and side roads are still tricky!

Posted
Yep, sprinkling of grainy stuff overnight. I have my doubts as to whether we'll see much more tomorrow night though (as Paul Hudson seems to be forecasting). Foggy at the moment and bl**dy freezing !!!

Haven't seen Mr H's appraisal of things (yet). I think it may be one to 'nowcast' as there seems (from the GFS at least) to be a correction of track ongoing with it nudging ever north. The folk down south seem to have lost a lot of their snow but we'll just be acrueing any extra that arrives...like our 'dusting' overnight...so another couple of inches may be nice???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Light shower of granules here at the moment which is a nice suprise. Also a dusting from an unexpected light shower over night. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow- it seems to be upgrading for our area but of course we'll have to wait and see what happens throughout today!

BB

Posted

As I see it each time the pnn forecast gets bumped north it has got further to go for a downgrade. We'll see how the MetO forecast goes later and then decide whether to get my hopes up!!( If it continues to nudge north then South and West Yorks must be included in the MetO warnings later today........they can't just do it by 'Flash' warnings surely?)

Posted
As I see it each time the pnn forecast gets bumped north it has got further to go for a downgrade. We'll see how the MetO forecast goes later and then decide whether to get my hopes up!!( If it continues to nudge north then South and West Yorks must be included in the MetO warnings later today........they can't just do it by 'Flash' warnings surely?)

Yep, the most recent ppn charts are showing the main area further north than any previous charts, so the trend continues in a favourable direction. But I agree that for this one I think we'll be waiting until the actual time and taking our info from radar before we can be sure.

Posted

We have now come in to the Meto Yellow " SO BE AWARE"

Posted

Im so glad we have a warning now :lol: :lol:

The snow is defiantley thawing, but that is only on the ground under trees and under the edge of the roof where bits and pieces of snow fall of, some on the snow on the trees are general melting, and on the roads in lower elevations it has all gone but this is only on main roads.

Temps been pretty cold all day just made it to +1.c at 12:49 now 0.9c

Edited by 10123

Did get above freezing here for a few hours, snow became less powdery. Hard crust has formed on old snow from slight melting.

Just waiting from road to dug/blown out. Drifts up 5ft across road. Nice base to build on later in the week.

3250370270_bb59656e1e_b.jpg

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Wow that's nice! :rolleyes: