Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted
Yes, this is beginning to look very promising indeed. What's happening where you are?

Here, a hop skip and a jump from Harrogate, it's doing what it's been doing since 4pm, a moderate fall of small flakes. 15cm+ outside.

Posted
Yes I agree that the 'red' warning is a little far fetched at the moment, but we still have a good 3-6 hours snowfall to come, with the snowfall becoming slowly heavier..

I suppose they have to try cover themselves ie:

Snow followed by drizzle, plus maybe a little more snow, snaps some powerlines.... Therefore danger to Life? if your 90 without gas, up in the hills..........

Anyone seen Hannah Hawkswell somewhere about here >

Or am i thinking tooo deeply

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Yes, this is beginning to look very promising indeed. What's happening where you are?

It's snowing light to moderately all the time, with little variation, temp now down 0.1c to 0.3 although another thermometer says -0.4... there are no signs of sleet.

It looks like I might miss out on the heaviest stuff to the E, although there is some good precip over the Humber which I may be able to tap into.

Also to note: the front is moving much more WNW than N/NW now than it was, this of course because of the LP moving N. Also, there are signs that the band is much slower moving now, which is a good sign.

Here, a hop skip and a jump from Harrogate, it's doing what it's been doing since 4pm, a moderate fall of small flakes. 15cm+ outside.

Yep exactly the same here, 15+cm

maybe they were referring to mass wrist slashings if it did'nt come off Yeti

:rolleyes::D:(

Posted

Where is your location in leeds?? Gives me an idea of conditons for tommorow morning in lower elevations, Up here in cookridge loads of snow :rolleyes::(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Oohh the lights just flickered here.

Gonna go out back in a moment and take another picture. Still moderate fine snow, hoping for a sudden intensification that buries my car...

I can hope..... :D

Posted
It's snowing light to moderately all the time, with little variation, temp now down 0.1c to 0.3 although another thermometer says -0.4... there are no signs of sleet.

Your thermometer is right my current temp is -0.4c as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I think i'll be off to bed, and i'll see what remains in the morning.

Even if it does turn back to snow before it clears I think there will be less on the ground in the morning than there is now.

I'm going to listen to Alan Robsons Nightowls, the sound of the rain hitting my window along with the dripping is unbearable!

Good luck everyone! Looks like those in the south of our region are in for more :D

I think i'll be off to bed, and i'll see what remains in the morning.

Even if it does turn back to snow before it clears I think there will be less on the ground in the morning than there is now.

I'm going to listen to Alan Robsons Nightowls, the sound of the rain hitting my window along with the dripping is unbearable!

Good luck everyone! Looks like those in the south of our region are in for more :D

G'nite marra,is Alan Robson still doing night owls? I used to call in for an argument regularly lol....and the Halloween shows were great!

Posted

Is it snowing/setting in the lower elevations of leeds (specifically close to leeds ceneter) as temps in Beeston are 0.7c (dropped 0.4c in last 30 mins) and dew point is 0.3c?

Posted

It looks like I might miss out on the heaviest stuff to the E, although there is some good precip over the Humber which I may be able to tap into.

Also to note: the front is moving much more WNW than N/NW now than it was, this of course because of the LP moving N. Also, there are signs that the band is much slower moving now, which is a good sign.

Yep exactly the same here, 15+cm

:D:D:D

I'm not too worried about the track, to be honest, as there seems to be some heavy stuff both out to my East, and to my South East.

Either way, it looks like I will see a good few hours of precipitation

Just watched the latest BBC forecast, and the line, where it turns to rain during the night, looked a little too close for comfort.

The further West you are the better.

Posted

It's got to be around 5-6" on the garage roof. The snow is now level on the corrugated asbestos roof. Went outside and put the floodlight on.

post-4333-1233617959_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.

Not a bad day.

10cm of snow - chance to go out in it while crisp this morning.

Sleety now and so will probably be slush by morning. Not a bad try though! (sorry if it didn't work out for you)

John

Posted
Is it snowing/setting in the lower elevations of leeds (specifically close to leeds ceneter) as temps in Beeston are 0.7c (dropped 0.4c in last 30 mins) and dew point is 0.3c?

Is that good?

Posted

I don't know about other ppl but I have this feeling it's hardly snowed when outside there's a good 15cm. Perhaps because it's snowing lightly, and it looks like nothing's happening.

This bans seems to be picking up some energy off the N Sea now as well; it's getting heavier here and over most of Yorks :D

Posted
Is that good?

Its marginal (either snow or sleet), to get snow you really want dewpoints in the minuses, but temps doesnt matter .

Posted
It's got to be around 5-6" on the garage roof. The snow is now level on the corrugated asbestos roof. Went outside and put the floodlight on.

post-4333-1233617959_thumb.jpg

Six inches! Lol that looks more like 2-3!

Posted

loadsa snow right now in north leeds, not the tiny rubbish we've had for so long this evening, proper snow again, yay :D

Posted
loadsa snow right now in north leeds, not the tiny rubbish we've had for so long this evening, proper snow again, yay :D

Been moderate snow all night here, what is your elevation?

Posted
Where is your location in leeds?? Gives me an idea of conditons for tommorow morning in lower elevations, Up here in cookridge loads of snow :D:D

Location - Roundhay, near the park. Elevation, about 200m. Conditions...terrible. I was out earlier and even the major roads are in a bad state. I hate to think what it's like nearer Bradford.

Posted
Location - Roundhay, near the park. Elevation, about 200m. Conditions...terrible. I was out earlier and even the major roads are in a bad state. I hate to think what it's like nearer Bradford.

Roundhay is about 100-120m :D

Posted
Six inches! Lol that looks more like 2-3!

The garage roof next door has around 5-6". Depths range in the garden.

Posted

Out near Tong here, its still and has been relentless slight snow all night. Wish i could say more, i guess the roads on the top would be bad with the drifting from the fields, they were shocking at 17:00.