Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted
Whats your snow depth???????????

Not sure mate, i`m at work at present, will pop out in a bit to check. I work next to the white rose whilst home is at the top of churwell hill. When i left home at 19:30pm it was 11 cm.

Posted
Its been strange old night. Fantastic today, then looked like turning to rain for a time, now this. Unfortunately i dont have access to the radar at present, have you any chance of anything over the next few hrs?

I'm not sure to be honest, All the heavy stuff seems to be to my South West, where you are.

I'm going to wait up for a while to see how things develop :)

Posted
Sounds just a touch on the marginal side with those Dew points. Since it's stopped snowing, there seems to have been a bit of a thaw here.

Just put your postcode into the Radar, and you seem to be in line for some heavier stuff, but it's showing as sleet

the sleet is turnin more to wetsnow now!!! this is wierd!

Posted

Moderate snow BUT this time with flakes not think snow!! :)

Posted
I'm not sure to be honest, All the heavy stuff seems to be to my South West, where you are.

I'm going to wait up for a while to see how things develop :)

Dont blame you, could be interesting for your area?

Edited by harribo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Still snowing here (I think) but it looks like it might be wet/sleet as the lying snow looks like it does when it is rained on.

Depths not really changed much. Around an inch on my car which was parked at 6pm. Not settling on the windows and is sliding off other cars so it looks to be wet snow.

At the end of the day, this weather has proved that an easterly that delivers is still possible. Just things need to be right for it to happen.

Off to bed now. Enjoy the snow.

Posted

Plenty of showers moving in off the North sea, currently, which look like they are going to hit me quite soon.

It's just a matter of waiting to see what they fall as

Well the precipitation has finally arrived, and just as I feared, it's falling as rain

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

SNOW has gone 13.4mm rain last night ????

nigel

Posted

It did finally snow here on Stratos Moor, though if that's 30cm then my name is Eye in the Tamara from the Past Blast. The wind clearly eased off, and without so much as opening a window or door I would guess there's 2-3cm, which would be a foot in kentimetres. Maybe that's where the UKMO went wrong.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
It did finally snow here on Stratos Moor, though if that's 30cm then my name is Eye in the Tamara from the Past Blast. The wind clearly eased off, and without so much as opening a window or door I would guess there's 2-3cm, which would be a foot in kentimetres. Maybe that's where the UKMO went wrong.

Yep the UKMO were very wrong, but to be fair about 10cm fell in total here, bringing the overall depth to (I think) 20cm. I need to check but it looks some of the deepest I have ever seen here before, so I'll go and get a ruler and have an official measure :)

Posted
Yep the UKMO were very wrong, but to be fair about 10cm fell in total here, bringing the overall depth to (I think) 20cm. I need to check but it looks some of the deepest I have ever seen here before, so I'll go and get a ruler and have an official measure :lol:

plenty of snoh here too :D

Posted
Plenty of showers moving in off the North sea, currently, which look like they are going to hit me quite soon.

It's just a matter of waiting to see what they fall as

Well the precipitation has finally arrived, and just as I feared, it's falling as rain

I think we got a bit of rain on the backing edge as there are icicles hanging of lamps, where snow began to melt, but tht fact that there are icicles is a very good sign <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

The 'crunch' and diminished look means we finished on rain but 'Wow'!!! 12hrs of straight snow (and it was horizontal most of the time) seems to be a few inches above yesterdays levels but was a bit more than that before bed (1:30ish...though still snowing at 3:30 when Luke decided to wake me!!!) and the drifts are quite stunning in size. If Luke was at school I'd be up to the tops for a 'looksee' as they must be ace up there (and no melt I'd guess).

Sorry if it wasn't all you expected but I did OK!! <_<

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

Its still raining here as it has been since about 8pm last night-all the snow has disappeared and the current temperature is 2.9c. Ho hum now we will have to wait until Thursday for the next instalment.

Posted

12 hours rain = 1cm snow left. Amazed there is any at all, but there is.

Devastated.

Lets hope that the next potential round delivers something less marginal.

Fully expected hours of heavy snowfall last night to add to the 7-8cm I had with it possibly turning to rain later. This would still leave me getting up to thick snow. The Met Office had to be right......right? Extreme weather warning right?

What a poor forecast.

Posted

Well what a morning

As it changed to sleet / rain last night I thought it would all be gone

But alas about 2" left and frozen solid

Nightmare on the side roads but once on the M62 not much of a problem and traffic is a lot lighter

Lets see what the rest of the week can bring????????????

Posted

Typical - melts slowly all night, day breaks and the temperature drops below zero.

Probably about two inches left in the garden and on the fields, and the temperature's -0.5º with a dew point of -2.6º.

Edited by Osbourne One-Nil

Posted

Well, all the snow here is all but gone now however that was to be expected with all the rain i had last night, it was proven we were on the wrong side of marginal sadly.

It was expected because when the upper air temps are just below -5 and you got an Easterly wind off the N Sea, it can only bring one result which is RAIN and it did exactly that.

Still, saw thundersnow yesterday and there were some impressive snow showers yesterday morning but this 'event' could of been much better though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

The 'crust' of melt/rain means you can make snowcaves!!! Tee-Hee, such fun! (Ooow, now my hands hurt!!!)

Posted

Did get above freezing here for a few hours, snow became less powdery. Hard crust has formed on old snow from slight melting.

Just waiting from road to dug/blown out. Drifts up 5ft across road. Nice base to build on later in the week.

3250370270_bb59656e1e_b.jpg

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

What are the real chances of Huddersfield seeing more of the good stuff on Thursday/Friday? Keep watching the models and the wind switches round but the white stuff seems to fizzle out before it reaches us here. Not sure which forecast to believe at the moment - some saying we're going to get dumped on, others not so. Any ideas guys?