Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted
Roundhay is about 100-120m :D

Is it??? I got that by Googling it. That's very interesting. Thanks for the info. I'm new here so still finding out essential facts like elevation etc (and shops, and buses).

Posted
And it's back to full blown snow here.....my nerves a fraught .....we seem to be apprx an hour behind Brian and the Yorky crew

Still full blown rain here.

Only got what looks to be 2cm of wet snow left now. Drip, drip, drip.

I'm going to wake up to green, I know it.

Posted
Is it??? I got that by Googling it. That's very interesting. Thanks for the info. I'm new here so still finding out essential facts like elevation etc (and shops, and buses).

Drive up to cookridge 210asl (some parts up to 225asl, on golf course) in the morning expect a lot of snow!

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Yes, if you use the ordnance survey website, google earth or earthtools.com then this will tell you :D

Leeds city centre is about 40m, the E doesn't get above 100 I don't think, but the N and W is much higher.

Posted
Drive up to cookridge 210asl (some parts up to 225asl, on golf course) in the morning expect a lot of snow!

Night all, hope the flakes grow in size, then i'm in for a treat when i get up tomorrow.

Have fun chasing dudes.

Yes, if you use the ordnance survey website, google earth or earthtools.com then this will tell you :D

Leeds city centre is about 40m, the E doesn't get above 100 I don't think, but the N and W is much higher.

Is it Yeti? I honestly thought Leeds was higher than that,lives n learns

G'nite MACWY

Edited by hannegan

Posted

The southern portion of the PPN seems to be prepping up quite considerably still and seems to be moving more in a WNW track, which would keep the snowfall around for longer.

Was this expected?

Posted
Is it Yeti? I honestly thought Leeds was higher than that,lives n learns

G'nite MACWY

Yes it varies a lot around here due to being on the edge of the Pennines. For example parts of Leeds get to well over 200m whereas the centre is 40m; Harrogate ranges from 60-200m, etc.

Posted

15-20cm snow here, been constant moderate snow since 4pm!!

temp dropped again -0.5c here with a dewpoint of -0.8c :D

Yes it varies a lot around here due to being on the edge of the Pennines. For example parts of Leeds get to well over 200m whereas the centre is 40m; Harrogate ranges from 60-200m, etc.

Got ya.....It's rather like that here,over a comparatively small area you can drive out and be a few hundred feet higher in no time, thanks mate for the explanation

Edited by hannegan

Posted

An update - snow falling pretty heavily. The activity is pepping up now and to the SE it's looking red on the radar :p

There is the potential for another 5cm now which would bring my overall total to over 20cm, perhaps the best event since the legendary Feb 01, although Jan 04 and March 08 came close.

Edited by Yeti

Posted
An update - snow falling pretty heavily. The activity is pepping up now and to the SE it's looking red on the radar :)

There is the potential for another 5cm now which would bring my overall total to over 20cm, perhaps the best event since the legendary Feb 01, although Jan 04 and March 08 came close.

Defo got 20cm here but on walls and stuff with 30cm drifts, probs around 10-15cm on ground, douubt bin men will be coming :) .

Wish raintoday.co.uk was working meto radar crap :p

Posted
Defo got 20cm here but on walls and stuff with 30cm drifts, probs around 10-15cm on ground, douubt bin men will be coming :) .

Expect a hit any moment now...

Buy the NW Extra radar, 3.49 for a month!

Defo got 20cm here but on walls and stuff with 30cm drifts, probs around 10-15cm on ground, doubt bin men will be coming :) .

yeah I put the bin out tonight......was wondering if the bin man will arrive too

Posted

OK I just missed one heavy burst by 2 miles... and the next is set to do the same! :)

Posted

Stopped snowing here for the time being. Looks like most of the showers have managed to dodge my location.

There seems to be plenty more waiting in the wings though :)

Posted
Rather heavy now, and has been so for the past hour. :)

Yeah, I've just been looking at those showers on the radar, and your location appears to be right in the firing line

I'm still stuck in the middle of a large clear area

Posted
Stopped snowing here for the time being. Looks like most of the showers have managed to dodge my location.

There seems to be plenty more waiting in the wings though :)

more coming here now, but its sleet, any chance of turning to snow ? temp is 1.1c with dew of 0.1c, my location is DN5

Posted
Yeah, I've just been looking at those showers on the radar, and your location appears to be right in the firing line

I'm still stuck in the middle of a large clear area

Its been strange old night. Fantastic today, then looked like turning to rain for a time, now this. Unfortunately i dont have access to the radar at present, have you any chance of anything over the next few hrs?

Posted
Its been strange old night. Fantastic today, then looked like turning to rain for a time, now this. Unfortunately i dont have access to the radar at present, have you any chance of anything over the next few hrs?

Whats your snow depth???????????

Posted
more coming here now, but its sleet, any chance of turning to snow ? temp is 1.1c with dew of 0.1c, my location is DN5

Sounds just a touch on the marginal side with those Dew points. Since it's stopped snowing, there seems to have been a bit of a thaw here.

Just put your postcode into the Radar, and you seem to be in line for some heavier stuff, but it's showing as sleet

There's a rapid thaw setting in here in Weardale............which means it's normally goodnight for the NE..........Well predicted PP.

Posted

Hmmm, what time will the pericp be gone by, please say after 6am!!