Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
If you look at meto forecast for SE Scotland it says ocassional shrs. Another poor Meto forecast. I agree about the warning perhaps 5/10cm to higher ground.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

The occlusion for want of a better word has the potential to drop serious snow as it moves south.That is the beauty of an unstable northerly flow with cold air already entrenched over the uk.Somebody better go and knock the met up <_<

Posted
does the radar suggest any chance of heavy showers as far inland as York ? .......we have had very little snow so far this week

Hard to say in an unstable airmass, anywhere could hit the jackpot. With the wind swinging round more towards the North and East I would say you will get some but may not be until this afternoon but dying away by dark so you may not have as many cm's as us here in the NE.

kARL

Posted
Hard to say in an unstable airmass, anywhere could hit the jackpot. With the wind swinging round more towards the North and East I would say you will get some but may not be until this afternoon but dying away by dark so you may not have as many cm's as us here in the NE.

kARL

thanks kARL .....i think a trip up to the North York moors is in order for this afternoon

Posted

Here it is, it's SNOWING !!

Bang on cue, well ,4 mins earlier than my earlier prediction. Not heavy but steady and moderate but threatening looking cloudbase now.

Yipee, where's the sledge ?

Karl

Actually very light now. Oh well, it's a start.

Edited by snowmackem

Posted

4 flakes of snow (i counted 'em) in the bright sunshine. Hard frost. Please can we have some decent snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning guys,

Just a quick hello from the SE. Thats an interesting radar at the moment, looks esp. good for N.York Moors but other locations near the coast as well. Hope you all get a good dumping! :)

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Snowing slightly now and going by the radar we may well get something worthwhile-mind you temperatures are fairly marginal at present,we must hope that the snow gets heavier and lowers the temperature,

Posted
Very, Very light snow in Spennymoor a few minutes ago :o

So light you'd hardly notice it :o but it was snowing

Yes, I'm in Spenny, my first post too.

Fingers crossed for later :o

Posted
Snowing slightly now and going by the radar we may well get something worthwhile-mind you temperatures are fairly marginal at present,we must hope that the snow gets heavier and lowers the temperature,

it was 1.3oC here before the snow started, since it has started it has dropped back to 1oC. Light/Moderate snow here in south gosforth. Need it to get much heavier if it wants to stick properly though.

0.7oC now! stopped snowing though.

Edited by pChunk

Posted

I think its safe to say its eastern englands turn for the snow now ,the models are picking up on this slack northerly flow continuing into next week ,so there is plenty of scope for deep snow in some eastern coastal counties by say wednesday !!! get your sledges out and laugh at the souths melting snow :o :o :o :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

GOT A SMALL DUSTING BUT MELTED NOW IS ANYMORE COMING

Posted
GOT A SMALL DUSTING BUT MELTED NOW IS ANYMORE COMING

Not to worry most of our snow in the north east is usually from convective showers and today is shower day !!!!!

As we go through the morning into the afternoon and evening the showers will intensify and become widespread with whiteout conditions moving in across Teeside and NorthYorks ,there will be accumulations even on low ground with as much as 5 cms possible.

Tonight snow showers should become confined to the coast itself but there could still be further accumulations before they retreat towards the coast :D

Posted

Had a light snow shower this morning but thats about it i think, but it would seem by the thawing of Thursday's night dusting, no showers have hit here.

I know this is a Northerly but just looking at the clouds, i do wonder when the next shower will come, i mean the clouds don't suggest a typical sunshine and shower Northerly, they are a little bit too flat for my likening. I guess the snow dome will do what it can for snow to avoid this area.

Posted

It started snowing heavily about 10 minutes ago and has already covered all surfaces. Temperature dropped from 1c to 0.4c at the moment-IF it continues falling at the rate for an hour I would estimate at least 5cm would accumulate.

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

post-4475-1234005668_thumb.jpg

JUST resized this, this was taken at 1000am

its coming down again, lasts for about 15 mins then stops , [its not settling just yet]

nigel

Posted
It started snowing heavily about 10 minutes ago and has already covered all surfaces. Temperature dropped from 1c to 0.4c at the moment-IF it continues falling at the rate for an hour I would estimate at least 5cm would accumulate.

Same here Rollo, just coming down exceptionally heavy here now, never mind 5cm, at this rate I would expect 10cm by 12.30.

I was thinking of driving over to Consett this afternoon for sledging with the kids but now I'll be able to do it in Ryton. Think the car is staying on the drive today.

Bring it on !!

Karl