Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold
Yes it wasn't as bad as down south but you must have a well frosted freezer mate B)

Thats a reasonably decent covering for me.

As for todays potential dusting, I've just looked at the Meteox radar and I'm thinking the radar isn't working properly.

Nice photos, it looks as though you got a bit more than me. I was still expecting better from this cold spell, and the fact it was all washed away by the evening meant it was a waste of time. I got up went to work and by the time I came home it was raining and melting, not good enough for me.

Posted

STELMER use this to find out local weather stations near your area, click on one of the temps near you and you will see the temp every 5minutes http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/ the averge temps in Leeds is 3.c atm with only the higher elevations around 1&2.c

Posted
need to move into your house Mark.

Hopefully this will be sixth ice day in a row :lol:

Only thing is your expections increase aswell.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Edited by Tucco

Posted

The forecast for North East England tonight is now very disappointing. Light snow, and the predicted radar graphic shows no snow at all moving over my area as its basically predicted to fizzle away like a fizzly thing.

Who was it that told me I'd be alright for a good amount of snow tonight? Well, looks like I could have been right then, it is fairly dry in these parts. If its marginal it rains (we have no problem getting precipitation then, funnily enough), and if its not marginal we stay dry or get a sugar coating.

Posted
Not really, the ensembles for the GFS have some very cold 850 temps on them...

ens

Yes I think your right.. I think when I looked at the esembles it was stuck on 12z yesterday..

Lets hope one of those members that predict -5hpa - -10hpa for a lenghty time come to fruition! :lol:

http://gens.netweather.tv/ens.20090208/06/...t~Yorkshire.png

Posted
Hopefully this will be sixth ice day in a row :lol:

Only thing is your expections increase aswell.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Wow, my temperature has been as high as 2.8 in the last 6 days, you must be a good 3 degrees colder than me.

I'd love that if I was where you were, but I suppose the downside is summer temperatures - we rarely go much above 26 or 27º here in the best of weather, so knock a few degrees off and summer must be nearly non existant in your neck of the woods!

Posted
The forecast for North East England tonight is now very disappointing. Light snow, and the predicted radar graphic shows no snow at all moving over my area as its basically predicted to fizzle away like a fizzly thing.

Who was it that told me I'd be alright for a good amount of snow tonight? Well, looks like I could have been right then, it is fairly dry in these parts. If its marginal it rains (we have no problem getting precipitation then, funnily enough), and if its not marginal we stay dry or get a sugar coating.

Very disappionting since Monday for the NE, I notice now there's only the NE and Cumbria not on a warning about Monday's eveny :lol: :):)

I go on your website a bit to get a comparsion, it does usually work out at 3 C

Had 21 days in row in June that didn't make 16C, also its a lot wetter here aswell perhaps 4/500mm more than Newton ayciffle.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Edited by Tucco

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

You're right, it doesn't look like we'll get much, i'd take a couple of cms.

Meto/BBC not forecasting much but i've just seen Sky News and they highlighted the whole of N England and S Scotland and said significant snow up to 3-4 inches. I know who I would like to believe but realistically BBC/Meto will probably be closer to the truth.

Posted

Meto/BBC not forecasting much but i've just seen Sky News and they highlighted the whole of N England and S Scotland and said significant snow up to 3-4 inches. I know who I would like to believe but realistically BBC/Meto will probably be closer to the truth.

Sky must use ECM :lol:

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted

Bear in mind Sky News weather get there data from the meto, they must be going by the meto warning

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Here it fizzles :D

Posted
Had 21 days in row in June that didn't make 16C

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Oh I couldn't be having that.

I'll postpone the move for a while if you don't mind.

Having said that, I just checked last June and noted I had 21 days in a row that didn't make 19º, highest temperature being 18.9º. So yeah, that 3º difference highlighted again. But that run of summer temperatures was bad enough, never mind what you got!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Just looking at the Met Office radar i've got a bit of optimism.

If you compare the 11:00 image to the 14:00 image the ppn has really intensified.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

It's probably at it's peak now though, and when it reaches the Pennines, things could go downhill.

Maybe a bit optimistic but I think some of us in County Durham could get an inch.

Even though there's still snow on the ground here, i'm looking forward to this :D

Posted

Not really managed to make progress over the Pennines atm.

Posted

If you compare the 11:00 image to the 14:00 image the ppn has really intensified.

It's probably at it's peak now though, and when it reaches the Pennines, things could go downhill.

Maybe a bit optimistic but I think some of us in County Durham could get an inch.

Even though there's still snow on the ground here, i'm looking forward to this :)

Don't do this to me.

Posted

Even though there's still snow on the ground here, i'm looking forward to this :)

Getting an inch snow over the next 24hrs doesn't sound that thrilling

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Edited by Tucco

Posted

Yep definite fizzling. Look at the broken nature after Manchester, a classic demonstration of what the Pennines do - compare it to the progress over the Midlands.

Posted
Yep definite fizzling. Look at the broken nature after Manchester, a classic demonstration of what the Pennines do - compare it to the progress over the Midlands.

Will this actually hit us at all ???

Posted
Will this actually hit us at all ???

I'm having doubts.