Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

The local radio for some bizzarre! reason said 20cm could fall today, i dont see where it could possibily come from.

Snows easing off already, any more to come later?

Posted
It's only people north and east of birmingham disappointed, warwickshire borders northamptonshire so it's very good in this region especially the east of the region, good location here near to east midlands but still west midlands so sometimes get some of the birmingham action :yahoo:

By far the best fall of snow here in Northants for years and years, don't have an exact date yet but highly substantial for this county.

Practically all schools have shut, and roads are in a very bad way around here.

RIGHT, not out I go to make the most of it. Pictures to follow in the next few hours!

:yahoo:

Posted

morning all hope you are enjoying your snow kids have day off wonder why anyone would think we have had snow :yahoo:

we have about 10cm+ including of what we had snowing finely here

cher

x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
By far the best fall of snow here in Northants for years and years, don't have an exact date yet but highly substantial for this county.

Practically all schools have shut, and roads are in a very bad way around here.

RIGHT, not out I go to make the most of it. Pictures to follow in the next few hours!

:yahoo:

Would be interesting to note when was the last time it snowed like that in Oxfordshire

Posted
Hi Cher!

Hope you enjoy yourself today. I just did a happy dance around the house. Why is it that snow brings out the child in us?!

lol the kids are sitting here dressed ready to go out brrrrrrrr let me wake up first

cher

x

Posted

Woo hoo - No work - my place has closed (educational establishment in Redditch). Only announced on the radio just as I was about to set out for a 40 minute walk too work. I am now going for a trot up to the shops for food (any excuse to tromp around in the snow). I am 39 but this reminds me of when I was a kid in the 70's. School closures are still exciting for me.

Not as much snow as I had hoped for here, but the roads are compacted due to now having been gritted - grit shortage.

We have about 3-4 inches here.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Yay, we won...for a change! Lol.

Ermmm.... how much snow have you actually got? There's still around 16cm left here from the 22cm we had on Monday/Tuesday :yahoo:

So maybe you didn't "win"!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I've got a sneaky feeling that as this band grinds to a halt over the next couple of hours, that area of heavy snow currently over Notts and Lincs/Humberside is going to pivot and slide back south westwards....Plenty more to come for the west midlands me thinks, maybe a lull for an hour or two before it peps up again......DP's over northants starting to look a bit marginal, Gfs progging it as a tranistional mix.....Is it still snowing over there chaps?

Posted

Right, would whoever removed the battery from the Severn Vale Showshield please replace it.

You've let 75mm of snow in and it's still falling! :o

7&Y

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
I've got a sneaky feeling that as this band grinds to a halt over the next couple of hours, that area of heavy snow currently over Notts and Lincs/Humberside is going to pivot and slide back south westwards....Plenty more to come for the west midlands me thinks, maybe a lull for an hour or two before it peps up again......DP's over northants starting to look a bit marginal, Gfs progging it as a tranistional mix.....Is it still snowing over there chaps?

You better be right! :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

For some reason it's snowing quite heavy now even though the radar says it should be over :o Well i'm not complaining!

Pic taken of my road 10 minutes ago, and my back garden... My snowman looks happy, he needed that fresh snow!

post-2115-1233822629_thumb.jpg

post-2115-1233822666_thumb.jpg

Posted

Just phoned into work!

2 of my collegaues have phoned in too and there's only 6 of us on the table.

I was meant to be paying everybody their money today (sorry if the council owes you money!). Wonder if my supervisor will be in.

All buses have been suspended from Worcester so there is just no way of going in. I am guilt free and off to enjoy fun!

Posted
For some reason it's snowing quite heavy now even though the radar says it should be over :o Well i'm not complaining!

Pic taken of my road 10 minutes ago, and my back garden... My snowman looks happy, he needed that fresh snow!

Andy that is not a snowman. You ought to be careful, you'll have the police round talking to you about creating indecent and offensive objects in the snow on public display.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

More snow here overnight, there were 3cm here last night. Very damp here now but plenty of lying snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Andy that is not a snowman. You ought to be careful, you'll have the police round talking to you about creating indecent and offensive objects in the snow on public display.

LMAO!! Well he was a snowman but the fresh snow has covered his eyes and nose up! I'm going to have to go out there in a minute and fix him up.

Posted

What??? It's not forecast to move SW again at all! It's going to drift N and fizzle out, perhaps making it into the N Sea.

LMAO!! Well he was a snowman but the fresh snow has covered his eyes and nose up! I'm going to have to go out there in a minute and fix him up.

Eewwwww that's disgusting.

Posted

Wow... about 6 inches here, haven't measured yet. On top of the 1-2 inches still left over from Monday. Yikes! I love it when a plan comes together!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
What??? It's not forecast to move SW again at all! It's going to drift N and fizzle out, perhaps making it into the N Sea.

I disagree mate.....the whole band is grinding to a halt, and starting to pivot more north/north westwards, then will slide south later on today as the colder air over scotland starts to cut into it....The NW radar loop is suggesting this

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

I've been counting the cars as they leave the estate and return again 5 minutes later...

Looks like the buses have stopped now too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im confused now as people are saying its going to come back this way and others are saying it isnt...currently it isnt! The Radar is wrong aswell saying we are not having anything when we are!

Whats going to happen later for the West Midlands???

Posted
I disagree mate.....the whole band is grinding to a halt, and starting to pivot more north/north westwards, then will slide south later on today as the colder air over scotland starts to cut into it....The NW radar loop is suggesting this

In fact it looks like it's about to stall over Yorkshire. The models show a stall but then a continuing Nwards and fizzling out as the shortwave tracks over.