Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

The best way of explaining the situation is the W Midlands may see the snow ease off whereas for E Midlands/Lincs the snow risk could continue until the afternoon.

Now imagine a line from the Wash to Bristol. Anyone to the W of this line is likely to see temps only around 1-2C. So any lying snow is likely to remain.

Sorry I can't be more detailed but I haven't been to bed tonight!!

Posted

how will we fair with snow tomorrow(friday) here in the north midlands?

Edit roads all white here now.

Just heard that Luton Airport is closed due to snow, here we go again with the travel!!!

Edited by stoke weather watch

Posted

I should just say before I go that while the radar shows us well out of the ppn now, we still have light stuff falling. Moreover there appears to be a bit more headed our way in 1-2 hours time. If it gives us a quick top up before day break, it's welcome. If it's going to be rain and come too late, this could be a problem.

Really? where about are you and how much have you had because here we've had tiny little flakes/grains for the past hour giving a little dusting.

I`m in warwickshire and have just measured the depth as around 8 cm so far, snowing lightly now, i`m sure the hills near me have more, going to be lots of kids around sledging this morning :lol:

Even on monday they were and it wasn't as deep as this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Unbelieveable !!!!!!!!!!!

Nearly 5 inches and still coming down thick and fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Temp -0.8c

Dewpoint -0.8c

Edited by jimben

Posted

snow rather light now, west midlands have done ok so far but im abit concerned for later as front seems to clear away very quickly from here. will see

Posted

Have been up for about an hour. (Couldn't stay awake for much longer! :lol: ) And I'd say that about an inch has fallen in the 3+ hours since it began at around 2:45am. Just very fine but very heavy powdery flakes since I've been awake. That is just no good. You can't make a decent snowman or snowballs with that type of snow. Now, if those flakes were the size of £2 coins and at this intensity then that's a different story. :(

Looking at the radar, it seems like it will soon be over. And here was me thinking that it would continue well into the morning daylight. :lol:

And what's going on over towards the east Midlands eastwards? That yellow blob of PPN has hardly moved. NO FAIR!! :(

And why has that blob over north eastern Scotland not moved? It's a conspiracy I tell you!!

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
I`m in warwickshire and have just measured the depth as around 8 cm so far, snowing lightly now, i`m sure the hills near me have more, going to be lots of kids around sledging this morning :lol:

Even on monday they were and it wasn't as deep as this.

i would say theres about 2.5inc for me in southern warickshire, have a feeling that the ppn has stopped moving i think , maybe pivot a tad but hopefully it be lingering! anybody agree or am i just dreaming!!!???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Looking at the latest radar loop, it appears to me that the precip [snow] is not going to get much above Manchester, but the Eastern side of that front is swinging quickly north/northwest, indicating the front is pivioting, and grinding to a halt and will be looking to come back south at some point today, so anyplace north of the M4 imo is likely to keep the snow they have, a slow thaw [worse case scenario, depends on your point of view!] .We have a very good covering of snow in Evesham I have not been out but I would say there is at least 4 inches if not more of the white stuff and its still snowing! An interesting day ahead I think :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Morning all....ok, I need a bit of info......Some of you might be aware from last nights posts that I've a long drive down to devon and back today, I've about 30 minutes from now to make a decision whether or not to attempt it.......Cannock to Stourport, to devon, & back again.....Are their any members online currently that live near these areas and can give me current conditions?.......A lot to ask guys, but I'd really really appreciate IT!

Thanks

AJ :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
Looking at the latest radar loop, it appears to me that the precip [snow] is not going to get much above Manchester, but the Eastern side of that front is swinging quickly north/northwest, indicating the front is pivioting, and grinding to a halt and will be looking to come back south at some point today, so anyplace north of the M4 imo is likely to keep the snow they have, a slow thaw [worse case scenario, depends on your point of view!] .We have a very good covering of snow in Evesham I have not been out but I would say there is at least 4 inches if not more of the white stuff and its still snowing! An interesting day ahead I think :cold:

that sounds good to me, i would say we are on the edge tho now, hopefully it will creep back on us, is that a possibly then using your radar as i dont have access to 1 , comments pls !!! :cold:

Posted
Morning folks!

Light snow here now, not as much as Monday, seems like theirs only a dusting? Has the heavy stuff been and gone already?! :cold:

its in The east midlands ,Northampton has about 6 inches and still coming down.

Posted
that sounds good to me, i would say we are on the edge tho now, hopefully it will creep back on us, is that a possibly then using your radar as i dont have access to 1 , comments pls !!! :cold:

Hi mate. If you tap into your computer "metoffice rainfall radar" you,ll have a good idea what is happening! The latest loop shows what I said before is that front is becoming stationery as it hits another cold front coming down from the north. It means two things, firstly the next few hours wont change much, so what weather you,ll have now you,ll likely keep for a while, and secondly that front will be heading south later today so more snow can be expected, enjoy! :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Morning all....ok, I need a bit of info......Some of you might be aware from last nights posts that I've a long drive down to devon and back today, I've about 30 minutes from now to make a decision whether or not to attempt it.......Cannock to Stourport, to devon, & back again.....Are their any members online currently that live near these areas and can give me current conditions?.......A lot to ask guys, but I'd really really appreciate IT!

Thanks

AJ :cold:

why would you bother , best you can hope for is 10/12 hrs with traffic

I have 2nd interview todays 50 miles away going to cancel it

5/6 inches fell here

I dont mind driving in snow its the chaos ie closures of roads etc that get me

Edited by stewfox

Posted
Hi mate. If you tap into your computer "metoffice rainfall radar" you,ll have a good idea what is happening! The latest loop shows what I said before is that front is becoming stationery as it hits another cold front coming down from the north. It means two things, firstly the next few hours wont change much, so what weather you,ll have now you,ll likely keep for a while, and secondly that front will be heading south later today so more snow can be expected, enjoy! :D

its a god send!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Thanks

AJ :)

Hi mate . well the only thing I can say is that anywhere from the Midlands south to Somerset will see tricky driving conditions. The worst of the snow is probably over south of that , but that snow will be making its way south later today,from the north midlands. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

everywhere white, i looked out at 5.35 and nothing, then 6.20 and ehite and snowing, still snowing now at -0.7C, only around 2cm

Posted
Hi mate . well the only thing I can say is that anywhere from the Midlands south to Somerset will see tricky driving conditions. The worst of the snow is probably over south of that , but that snow will be making its way south later today,from the north midlands. :D

Not much here in North Brum. Small flakes, doing nothing really.