Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
liking the report from oxford since its coming from that general direction for me and u andy. ul av 2 let us know if it looks like it turning sleety though. hopefully it wont there. then i know im safe

Im north oxford and its tipping it down no sleetness at all yet. 3 /4 inches last 3 hrs

I think some heavy stuff went through south Oxford 20 mins ago

-0.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Andy how much do you think wolve's will get ? As its been a frustrating night and its still snow is coming down very lightly...

cheers

Give it time yet, should be heavier precip south of Birmingham working it's way up, not sure how long it will take but I think by 6am you should have a few cm's at least.

Posted

still fairly light here... loooking at the radar its not gonna chnage much so im calling it a day now.

andy i think you coul do really well of this, ill be surprised to see an inch by 9am.

Posted
Give it time yet, should be heavier precip south of Birmingham working it's way up, not sure how long it will take but I think by 6am you should have a few cm's at least.

cheers mate i do hope we ll get something around 1 or 2 inches..

Posted

I think we could get 10cms from this andy based on reports from oxford and the amount of precip about, the only slight doubt is whether we will get rain or not. im hoping we get some decent heavy spells, but with the radar being messed up we wnt really know when 1 of those could be.

Posted

actually moderate snow here now and last two runs on radar show the whole band peppin up !!!

Posted
I think we could get 10cms from this andy based on reports from oxford and the amount of precip about, the only slight doubt is whether we will get rain or not. im hoping we get some decent heavy spells, but with the radar being messed up we wnt really know when 1 of those could be.

I know, trust the precip radar to be messing up at a time like this, it's like we are back in the old days when people just had to look out their window to know if it was snowing or not! It's gone back to light snow here, just snow grains falling but everywhere is covered in white now :blink:

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

I have had 15cm in North Oxfordshire now

It is now more heavy then any other time, so hang in there !

def all wet heavy snow

-0.5c

this has to be the biggest snow storm i have ever seen (at least over a 4hr period)

I have windows at an angle (converted barn) and i keep clearing them of snow every 15 mins

Posted

suprised at no comment on the 0z?? fairly big upgrade in the next 24hours imo, the very heavy precip expected to travel from sw over to norfolk area around 9am andy so around 7 - 9am looks to be heaviest here. maybe the stuff in the sw now with the bright echoes merges with the main bulk of precip then passes through?? have alook

Posted

It's still tipping it down in oxford. Still wet too, except poss not as much so. It's gone very fine but very dense and is falling heavily. It's piling up on the ground

Posted

Can't understand this, radar shows it right over me atm yet all i've got is tiny infact sleety flakes coming down very lightly.

post-6161-1233806637_thumb.jpg

Posted
suprised at no comment on the 0z?? fairly big upgrade in the next 24hours imo, the very heavy precip expected to travel from sw over to norfolk area around 9am andy so around 7 - 9am looks to be heaviest here. maybe the stuff in the sw now with the bright echoes merges with the main bulk of precip then passes through?? have alook

Maybe but I can't be bothered to look at the GFS right now, I don't like seeing that sleet and rain forecast it is giving for 9am onwards, too depressing :blink: In all honesty the GFS has got it wrong so far tonight. Snow as far South as Dorset this evening and Aylesbury saw some a few hours back, that is way further South than GFS progged it. The current temp here is -0.7 and the dew point is.......... -3.1! The dew point was progged at -1 by the GFS at this time, I am surprised the dew point is so low i'll admit, -3 is a gorgeous dew point with all this precip around.

Posted
Maybe but I can't be bothered to look at the GFS right now, I don't like seeing that sleet and rain forecast it is giving for 9am onwards, too depressing :blink: In all honesty the GFS has got it wrong so far tonight. Snow as far South as Dorset this evening and Aylesbury saw some a few hours back, that is way further South than GFS progged it. The current temp here is -0.7 and the dew point is.......... -3.1! The dew point was progged at -1 by the GFS at this time, I am surprised the dew point is so low i'll admit, -3 is a gorgeous dew point with all this precip around.

Well thats what im saying its kinda backtracked a little with hw much rain and sleet will be around. Also have you noticed the hive of activity in the south and south east thread lol can only be good for us. as it will rain there before here u would think. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html you may have seen them but il post up

Posted
Can't understand this, radar shows it right over me atm yet all i've got is tiny infact sleety flakes coming down very lightly.

Anyone in the reading area ?

radar suggest something heavy is it snow /sleet over there ?

Still very heavy snow here -0.5c

Posted

mate its the same case here.. don't know when these small flakes will turn to moderate...

Posted

http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/su...1407759102d6ea6

How good is that radar. I'm right on the edge of sleet rain and snow according to that. (I'm not actually, it's been snowing for hours and there's loads! :blink: )

Posted
mate its the same case here.. don't know when these small flakes will turn to moderate...

Just started getting heavier here now mate, nothing to shout about yet, but a step in the right direction.

Tom

Edited by tom_f123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
It's still tipping it down in oxford. Still wet too, except poss not as much so. It's gone very fine but very dense and is falling heavily. It's piling up on the ground

hi all , just had an hour or so and its nice and heavy now, about an inch, looks loads more on the way . unless its moving sharply northeast, i was wondering if some1 can shed any light on it 4 me pls? am i in for a reall pasting ??? lol , comments welcome xx

Posted

Yes this is getting better now, moderate snow falling with bigger flakes, i just wish the band would move west abit.

Hows things going for the east mids?

hi all , just had an hour or so and its nice and heavy now, about an inch, looks loads more on the way . unless its moving sharply northeast, i was wondering if some1 can shed any light on it 4 me pls? am i in for a reall pasting ??? lol , comments welcome xx

Yep still looking fine for you shaun, much more to come.

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

Yes you have plenty more on the way, though the band is slow moving and tilting so it's difficult to know what exactly is going to reach you and when it is going to do so. Once day breaks everything becomes considerably more marginal, so difficult to know exactly what you will get after that point.

Posted

Hmmm well this is frustrating the eastern side is intensifying, and western side somewhat weakening.

Could be some very dissapointed people in the west mids later on, hope not fingers crossed.

Right im off to bed, good luck to you all staying up.

Tom

Posted
Hmmm well this is frustrating the eastern side is intensifying, and western side somewhat weakening.

Could be some very dissapointed people in the west mids later on, hope not fingers crossed.

Right im off to bed, good luck to you all staying up.

Tom

give it a while. we've had heavy snow here for the past 10 inutes now... it woke me up lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
Yes you have plenty more on the way, though the band is slow moving and tilting so it's difficult to know what exactly is going to reach you and when it is going to do so. Once day breaks everything becomes considerably more marginal, so difficult to know exactly what you will get after that point.

thankyou, i remain fairly confidnt tho , the temps only meant to be 0c this afernoon so fingers crossed, so far its snowed a lot further south than meant to so be good if it kept up this pleasing trend :blink:

Posted

Incredible heavy snow here at the moment.

There is a distinct yet narrow line of very heavy snow that is directly W-E of Peterborough. This area continues to expand on each radar frame.