Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Probably a good thing though to be honest, the slower it moves the longer the front has to interact with the cold pool, keeping the milder sector at bay. Also bodes very well for people further north and possible back down this area later on today and friday when the front from scotland collides.

I left Wavedon, near Woburn Sands at 11pm after a comedy gig at the stables. I'm banking on snow to prevent me getting to work and staying up this late after a few drinks... I work just outside Newport Pagnell... only for another week though. Then off back to the old place as head honcho Chief Geophysicist. But please weather, do us a favour now. I want to work at home. This is getting tedious. Radar says yes - outside says no.

Posted

Seems that the bulk of it will head through the East midlands, birmingham will be alright but north and west of there (wolvo dudley, telford etc) may be clipped by it and miss the main action..

post-6161-1233800435_thumb.jpg

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

Didcot is getting very heavy snow and its slow moving could this go on tomorrow? Were nearly up to an inch here ! The cars are absolutly coverd. It is going to be mayhem in the morning for travelers luckily im off work yeah!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
It's been coming down in oxford for quite a long time now. We're up to an inch probably. Haven't got a clear gauge right now, but on the roof opposite my window it looks about an inch. Enjoying this, but it started out very wet and clearly isn't the driest stuff about, even if it has settled over all surfaces, so during the day thursday and friday, when there is meant to be pretty much constant ppn, it will almost certainly turn to rain.

Obviously the fact that it is going so much more north east than was progged by gfs is a boost, but I still can't see it lasting as snow throughout. We'll see.

I think at present it appears Oxfordshire has the worse of it

I can see temps range from 1c to -1c over the oxfordshire area (-0.8c here)

I think we may see some significant melting at sun rise

However as a 2 hour event I dont think i have seen so much snow in that time frame in 20 years

I see the rain and sleet bands not that far away

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Oooooooh this is awesome!!! , Was not expecting much, but heavy snow now falling!!! , will this snow last til' morning rush hour in the oxford/bucks areas? :unknw:

Posted
Oooooooh this is awesome!!! , Was not expecting much, but heavy snow now falling!!! , will this snow last til' morning rush hour in the oxford/bucks areas? :unknw:

The snails pace its moving atm probally yes!

Posted
FINALLY!!!! So that proves that it is falling out of the sky in the moderate precip but in the light precip it's not falling, well the moderate precip is not far from me now... COME ON HURRYYY!

Settling beautifully as well. Don't fear, it's on the way, Andy!

Could do with some heavier precip though-- judging by the radar I could well get my wish over the coming hours.

Posted
Oooooooh this is awesome!!! , Was not expecting much, but heavy snow now falling!!! , will this snow last til' morning rush hour in the oxford/bucks areas? :D

Looks like your getting what I was 30 mins ago ?

Its just moderate now here, temp seem to have jump from -0.8c to 0c :unknw:

Posted
Didcot is getting very heavy snow and its slow moving could this go on tomorrow?

Will probably carry on until next week at the rate this lot is moving. :unknw:

I'm beginning to know what the expectant Father in the waiting room feels like.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Settling beautifully as well. Don't fear, it's on the way, Andy!

Could do with some heavier precip though-- judging by the radar I could well get my wish over the coming hours.

Judging by the radar though you should get getting heavy snow now, yellow echos over you... And all it is doing is light/moderate? The radar is playing up a treat tonight :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
Gah, still nothing to report 14 miles east.

Becoming quite a steady fall now and breeze picking up and for the record temp -0.8c and dewpoint -1.9c when it started. I have worked from home for many years now can't beat it. Good luck with new job.

Posted

We have at least an inch here in oxford (it's sheltered by building and tree outside window). But it's really pretty wet snow. If it was drier and the air was colder I'd be hopign now that it would hang on into the daytime, but as it stands, we're looking at a quick turn to rain / if there's no ppn a quick thaw. For the moment though, it's coming down at a good rate and piling up.

Posted

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ISAAC IMCOMMING ITS STARTED WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

its just started to fal its light but visable woooooooohooooooooooooooooooo

cher

x

Posted

Bit more like it here - seems more organised and heavier :unknw: It stopped for about half an hour but just started again. According to the NW Radar this had passed over me so I think when it's showing as being overhead it's really about 30 minutes behind!

Posted
We have at least an inch here in oxford (it's sheltered by building and tree outside window). But it's really pretty wet snow. If it was drier and the air was colder I'd be hopign now that it would hang on into the daytime, but as it stands, we're looking at a quick turn to rain / if there's no ppn a quick thaw. For the moment though, it's coming down at a good rate and piling up.

Are you in Oxford town centre ?

Far more then an inch here in North oxford

Id guess a place like Brill Hill (600ft) must have had 4/5 inches tonight ? 2/3 here

Posted
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ISAAC IMCOMMING ITS STARTED WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

its just started to fal its light but visable woooooooohooooooooooooooooooo

cher

x

fantastic!!!!

:unknw::D:)

EDIT: cher, you could do with tightenign the screws on your chair. could come down badly the way youre jumping about!!!!

Edited by ISAAC

Posted
Looks like your getting what I was 30 mins ago ?

Its just moderate now here, temp seem to have jump from -0.8c to 0c :unknw:

Don't think im getting what your getting, im to your NE, but it really is chucking!! , and i would take no notice of that weather underground site, according to that iv gone from -0.9C to bang on 0C..nope, im currently at -0.7C :D