Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

The numbers of people on this thread are waning... There was about 25 members on an hour ago, just 15 now. Who is going to stay up till daylight with me on here? :p I feel NACKERED and i'm running on empty but when it snows I can't sleep because I have to keep checking outside and checking the radar to see how much has fallen or how much more is coming lol, im NUTS.

Posted

Almost nothing again here, tiny flakes in the wind.

COME ONNNNNNN SNOW i expected 15cm by now :p

The numbers of people on this thread are waning... There was about 25 members on an hour ago, just 15 now. Who is going to stay up till daylight with me on here? biggrin.gif I feel NACKERED and i'm running on empty but when it snows I can't sleep because I have to keep checking outside and checking the radar to see how much has fallen or how much more is coming lol, im NUTS.

I suspect i'll be one of the last again Andy even though i know i need to get some sleep, ill just be out of bed every 5 minutes!

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

as a rough guess for every1 else the radar here was roughly 1 hour ahead of where it was actually snowing

Posted
The numbers of people on this thread are waning... There was about 25 members on an hour ago, just 15 now. Who is going to stay up till daylight with me on here? :p I feel NACKERED and i'm running on empty but when it snows I can't sleep because I have to keep checking outside and checking the radar to see how much has fallen or how much more is coming lol, im NUTS.

sae here. but the radar is not in sync, its like as if its half an hour behind?!

as a rough guess for every1 else the radar here was roughly 1 hour ahead of where it was actually snowing

is it still 1 hour behind?

Posted
Almost nothing again here, tiny flakes in the wind.

COME ONNNNNNN SNOW i expected 15cm by now :D

mate i think we need to be satisfied with only small fakes.. lol :p

Posted
sae here. but the radar is not in sync, its like as if its half an hour behind?!

is it still 1 hour behind?

Yeh 30-60 minutes ahead of what it is actually doing. Don't fear though because earlier on Wiltshire and Bristol got a pasting, it is moving Northwards towards Birmingham so there is plenty of time yet.

Precip has got heavier here now and the cool thing is... Everything is settling. Our road is on a slight hill and the houses shade the road from the sun through the day and the snow that we got on Monday has been packed down and is half melted but refrozen so on the pavements where there is still about 3cm lying and the road where it's all ice and frozen snow is being topped up and it's turning white again already where it melted today :p

Posted

Just an update it hasent stoped snowing here in didcot we have over 6cm over snow nearly 1inch. Very heavy snow fall.

Edited by StormChaser

Posted
Andy what time do you think the snow will arrive here in alsager between stoke and crewe?

and how much do you think i will get?

Mmmm maybe give it another hour yet.

Posted
Just an update it hasent stoped snowing here in didcot we have over 6cm over snow nearly 1inch. Very heavy snow fall.

Over 6cm=nearly 1inch ? :p:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I was going to bed but gf got up and we went outside and took pics as you do at 3am with work and a interview tomorrow. For her to do that it has to be major

I think we both decided neither will take place

Heaviest 3hrs snowfall i have ever expereinced

It is just coming down now very very heavy

i would guess near 15cm by now ??

God i want to get out there and re build my snowman

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Heavy snow now settling in Hinckley.

Posted
How much do you think i will get? if any?

Hard to tell, you are in a good spot for this though, i'll say anywhere between 1-4 inches by 8-9am

Posted

Everywheres completely white, much better time of day for snow, not a single person out n about to walk or drive on it. If we could avoid any rain we will have a nice load by midday tomorrow.

Posted
Heavy snow now settling in Hinckley.

Lovely jubbly isn't it? :D

"Not if you have to work and drive in it Andy" blah blah :p

Posted

liking the report from oxford since its coming from that general direction for me and u andy. ul av 2 let us know if it looks like it turning sleety though. hopefully it wont there. then i know im safe

Posted
:p Still tiny useless flakes here at the rate of 0.005cm an hour, snow you better not let me down or i will not be a happy chappy.

Posted

Andy how much do you think wolve's will get ? As its been a frustrating night and its still snow is coming down very lightly...

cheers

Posted
Brill and how long during daylight hours will it be snowing for?

Could be most of the day if you have the precip over you at any given time. Hard to say when the precip will be over you in the daytime tomorrow, it's all about following the radar from now on.